Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

~AFTER THE CHAOS~

Happy February, dear friends!!


Remember my last post called
 CREATIVE CHAOS??
 My dining room table was filled with clutter from one end to the other!!
 What a Beautiful mess!!!

~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~

This is what my table looks like now........




Everything is organized and you can ACTUALLY SEE my table!!!!

I have a large collection of bowls and love to use them to organize my work!
They not only look great, but are so handy for transporting things!



Red birds ready for stuffing!




Lots and lots of different fabric strawberries, ready to be filled with sawdust!




Stuffed strawberries, waiting to have decorative X's and stitched wool caps!




Various hearts all ready for stuffing!



Hearts that have been stuffed and now need special stitching!

I also have a large collection of lidded boxes that are perfect for storing my fabric snippets and scraps!



Small box of red velvet snippets, perfect for stuffing the velvet hearts and berries!



Three more stacked boxes with scraps of red wool, red velvet, and red fabric scraps!
The different fabrics are kept separate
 and I find that helps me when I need to stuff a particular item! 
 I actually learned the hard way
 that if you use red fabric snippets inside something and then dye it or age it, if it wasn't red before,
 IT WILL BE NOW!!! 




Large lidded box filled with all white and cream fabric snippets!




Large firkin filled with uncut dark fabric scraps to use in future projects!




Another box filled with polyfil, much easier to handle than a big container or bag,
and a glass jar with a funnel lid, filled with clean sawdust!




Various scraps of red print fabric snippets that I use if I don't have to worry about the color bleeding through!



A very large spool of dark brown thread, perfect for hand stitching!!




A bowl full of different threads to use for gathering, top stitching, or accenting, plus my hemostats, and notched stuffing tool!






Faithful tomato pincushion, filled with pins and needles, small scissors, and my trusty thimbles!





I even use a very tiny bowl to hold all my thread snips!!





All organized and ready to finish, HOPEFULLY for an Update in time for Valentine's Day!!!

~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~

Speaking of finishes, I do have several pieces to share with you!  



The first is a cat that I punched using a Primitive Betty pattern called Old Cat!
I love the old frame I found!





I chose to use lighter colors for the cat and darker colors for the background, and a small mustard check fabric for the backing!





The back was finished with craft paper and a saw tooth hanger!



The second piece is Turkey and Tallowberries,
 a wonderful design by Lori Brechlin of Notforgotten Farm,
  a piece I punched back in November,
 but didn't get around to finishing till  now! 
 I added a heavy black coat wool to the back and am still trying to figure out if I will just add two little rings for hanging, or stuff it for a pillow!!  I keep going back and forth on this, so I would love to hear your thoughts!!

~~~~~***~~~~~



The final piece is one that was inspired by an old heart butter mold!  I really had fun coming up with a design and choosing colors!! I used a combination of Valdani, DMC, and some of my own dyed threads! I am really pleased with it and hope you like it, too!! I'm planning on offering a pattern soon, so be watching for that!!




I found the sweetest little basket recently
to hold all of my threads, needle and sharpie pen!




A closer look to see the different colors and the movement 
in the background!



I backed it with some old black coat wool and the black really sets it off!!
I have not decided yet if I will stuff it for a pillow,
 or
 just add rings to the back for hanging,
 but it will be on my list of things to work on!!

~~~~***~~~~



Now to start working on all those other projects!!!!

~~~~~***~~~~~

I hope you enjoyed your visit with me today
and 
Thank You So Much, for all your comments and emails!!
I appreciate each and every one!!!


Wishing you a day filled with Good Things, my friends~

Julie

27 comments:

Farmhouse prims said...

I love your creativity!!! Your needle punch projects are amazing, you do such wonderful work. hugs, Lecia

Julia said...

Julie, your work is perfection. You have such great taste. Your punch pieces are all so beautiful. Love all those pretty hearts and strawberries too. A great working area. I love working on assembly line too. It goes faster.

Take care and thanks for sharing your lovelies with us.
Hugs,
Julia

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lecia and Julia,
Thanks so much, dear friends!!! So very kind of you both!! I really love being able to work with my hands and my heart!!! I'm hoping I have enough time now to get a few things finished!!!
That is what is on tap for tonight......stuffing, stuffing, stuffing!
Take care and hope you both have a great week!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Rugs and Pugs said...

Julia ~
You are so organized! I must admit I am envious.
Your work is perfection. Love it all. Your p/n pieces are wonderful.
I'm lovin' all your strawberries! I remember the huge bowl full of them on your coffee table. WOW!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Prims By The Water said...

What a great idea to hold your lil scraps of fabric. I put mine in zip lock quart bags and then hide them in one of my lidded crocks. Solove the ides of utilizing your little bowl too. I think I will use mine for pins from now on. THanks for the idea. I so heart your heart piece too! So many wonderful things you are working on. Janice

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lauren and Janice,
I'm so happy you love my idea about the scraps and that you love both the strawberries and hearts!! The bowl and lidded boxes do really help me to stay organized, or at least to look like I am!!!
Now if I can just get a lot of things done for my Update!!
Hope you both enjoy your week and thanks so much for visit and kind words, my friends!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Cindi said...

Your organization is amazing...love all the cute bowls. IREALLY love you stuffed hearts. Thanks for sharing!
Be blessed,
Cindi

HomeSpunPrims said...

Julie,
I spy lots of goodies in the works at your house!! You are so organized. I love all of your pn finishes but especially your new heart design. It's fabulous!! Blessings my friend. Big hugs, Lori

Vicki Jo said...

Hi, sweet friend Julie! I loved looking at your pictures -- I need to do this to my dining room table and you gave me a lot of inspiration. I LOVE the little hearts and strawberries you are making and your finished punch needle projects are absolutely beautiful. Thanks for a good start to my day! Hugs, Vicki Jo

Saundra said...

Wow, you post was chuck full of eye candy. And such organization!!!!!!!!!! No way my area would look that good with so much going on. Kudos to you.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wonderful goodies...amazing organization...and so much lovely red! Can't wait to see all your offerings. Love the punch needle mat...black with red hearts! It's gorgeous!
Robyn

Penny said...

Wow, Julie! I am so impressed with your organization skills! I just don't have them, although I try!
All of your WIP look just wonderful...and I always love your finished work. The last piece, the red hearts on black, is my favorite! So beautiful!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi, Cindi, Lori, Vicki Jo, Saundra, Robyn, and Penny,
Thank you all SO MUCH, for all your lovely comments!! Such high praise makes my heart about to burst!!! I start out with a mess and then I get it all cleaned up so I can work better!! It just works for me and I'm happy I could inspire you with some helpful ideas!!
I LOVE RED, and especially this month, and so hope I can get a lot of these things finished for that very special day on the 14th!! Be watching for an update soon!!!
I hope you all have a wonderful week and my deepest thanks again, to each of you!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

old crow said...

Good morning Julie, WOW!!! So organized!!! Your new handmades are lovely......in all stages! I especially love your new punch needle design! Your colors are beautiful! I see you must still "snip" all those scraps, such detail! Looking forward to your update!
Happy Creating!
Mona

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Mona,
Yes, I really can be organized once I get all that mess cleaned up!
Amazing how those bowls and boxes help!! Baskets are nice too, but most of mine are larger and have handles!! Still great for transporting those projects though!!
Hope you are doing well and seeing a bit of sunshine in the Pacific Northwest!! Finally reached the 70's here in AZ after a chilly spell!! Just love it!!!
Thanks so much for your sweet words and visit!!
Enjoy your week! I'm sure you are busy creating, too!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

basketnut said...

You are much too organized for me! WoW, I am totally impressed (I wish I were) Love your hearts, I think I need to make myself some and your basket, looks like a Longaberger!
Happy Stitching,
Tammy

kelley said...

Love seeing the "behind the scenes" of your creativity...I would love to be so organized and productive...looking forward to seeing more finished items...your pn pieces are awesome!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Tammy and Kelley,
Using those bowls and boxes REALLY HELPS!!! Otherwise those small pieces would be all over the floor, the chairs, tables, and who knows where else!!! We all work differently and I'm happy to share a little bit of how I work, hopefully to inspire!! Yes, that is a Longaberger that I found at a thrift store for a few dollars! I love the size!
Hope you both have a wonderful weekend and thanks for your sweet comments!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Barbara Shores ~ Village Folk Art said...

Hi sweet Julie...Your organization puts mine to shame. I do need inspiration. I have plain old clutter...everywhere...In the kitchen, our bedroom, our computer room, oh yes can't forget the garage. This is how I get my daily exercise when I need something...limping, helter skelter(gots a bad knee). I usually know exactly where it is, but not always. Your creations are superb and your P/N Butter Mold design...Well, what is not to like? It is 'drop dead' beautiful and the colors are perfect. For me, I could see it hanging with those rings.
As far as our weather...it has been perfect. Since we are in a valley the snow capped mountains all around us is picturesque. I said we had a 'White Christmas'. We Enjoyed the scenery and did not have to drive in it. What more can you ask for?
Need to start work on my new P/N. Will have it soon to show you.
Keep that creative mind and hands busy...LUV visiting.

For now nitey nite...am getting a little tired...hubs just made some pop corn and that smell is calling me.

TTYSoon,
Peace and Blessings for ALL,
Barb

marly said...

That's a lot of work you've accomplished and organized. And all great looking pieces.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Barb and Marly,
When I am in the process of creating, I tend to be quite messy, as seen in the previous post, but when I figure out what I want to do, I make my little groups and away I go!! The bowls and boxes are so wonderful for organizing and transporting projects from room to room! I have wanted to paint those boxes for ages, Marly, but they just get stacked on the top of my bookcase in my Sewing room, so they are still waiting to be finished! I should make the pretty like your wonderful boxes!! Plastic tubs are another great storage tool and I have found that CLEAR ones are the best as you can see what is inside them! lol
Thanks so much for your sweet comments and hope you both have a wonderful weekend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

moosecraft said...

Great idea to keep your stuff in progress in bowls! Your punch design is super awesome! Since you're keeping the original... I'm sure there are many people that would LOVE a pattern to punch it themselves! *hint*hint* :-) Have a beautiful day!

Winnie Nielsen said...

Creative PERFECTION!!!!! I love how you use your primitive bolts to organize too. Beauty and function the primitive way.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Sharon and Winnie,
So nice to have you visit and leave your sweet comments!! Those bowls and boxes are TRULY SO HELPFUL!!! Then I can carry them to where I am working and have my pieces all together!! Basket also work but most of mine are so big and a bowl will fit perfectly on my lap!!
I'm so happy you love my new PN design, too!! I have my thinking cap on!!
Hope you both enjoy your weekend!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Very impressive! You have been busy with some beautiful work!
Love all of your organizing containers.

Jessica said...

I love your setup. The bowls, etc are a great idea to use! Makes me want to craft. But my entire stash and sewing machine are stored in another state until summer. boo. LOL. I'll just live vicariously through you. ;)

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Louise and Jessica,
Thanks so much for your visit! Always so good to hear from you!! Thank you for your kind words! The bowls and boxes are truly such a help to me!! I love anything with lids as it is great for hiding things!! lol
I would hate it if my things were stored and I could not get to them! I feel your pain!!
Hope you both have a great week!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie