Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

~THE SIGHTS AND SOUNDS OF CHRISTMAS, AND AN UPDATE~

Good Morning and Happy December, my friends!
I don't know about you, but during this time of year I pull out all my favorite movies and CD's to get into the spirit of the season!!



I gathered together a grouping of some of my very favorite CD's to share with you!




An Old English Christmas, Hillsong, Kenny G, Barbra Streisand 




Michael Bubl'e,  Avalon, Christmas Treasures, and
NSYNC was a gift from my daughter as it was our favorite when she was a teenager! 
Still love it!!


Point of Grace and Mannheim Steamroller!



Amy Grant and Kelly Clarkson, and the list goes on and on!!

What are your favorite CD's or songs at Christmas??

((((((*))))))

Then there are the movies we always watch!


Just a small grouping of some favorites!



The Holiday, Miracle on 34th Street,




 Trapped In Paradise, A Christmas Carol,




The Bishop's Wife and White Christmas,




And my all time favorite......A Christmas Story!!  

Of course, we also tape so many on our DVR
 and have a long list of other favorites as well,

Christmas in Connecticut, Holiday Affair, Holiday Inn, and the list goes on!!

What are your favorite movies to watch this season?

((((((((((*))))))))))

I always have some kind of project in the works and my latest punch needle project is by my dear friend Lori Rippey of Homespun Prims!


It is a wonderful Horse Pull Toy and I am really enjoying it!




Here is my progress so far, just working on it at night as I watch those Christmas movies with Jeff!!

Are you working on a special project?

((((((((((*))))))))))

I have also been hard at work creating some items for my next update!

I hope you will join me on THURSDAY, DECEMBER 8th, at 8 PM, EST
 for my UPDATE
 on my PICTURE TRAIL SHOPPE!



The album is closed for now but will be open promptly at 8 PM!
 I would so love to have you stop by!

((((((((((((*)))))))))))))

For the rest of the day I will be busy taking pictures to add to my Picture Trail
 for my 2016 Christmas Decorating around my home
 and hope to have all the pictures uploaded soon!!
Now to put on some lively Christmas music and get busy!!!
  Fa la la la la, la la la la!!

Wishing you a day filled with the
 beautiful
 SIGHTS and SOUNDS
 of this Blessed Season,
 my friends~

Julie

13 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

So many of your favorite CDs and movies are mine, too. Haven't watched A Christmas Story yet, but definitely will. I need to take a trip to the Christmas Story house. I bet it's not 45 minutes from me.
I'll look for your update.
Hugs :)
Lauren

acorn hollow said...

a bishops wife is my favorite love the oldies.
I am working on a Santa right now
cathy

old crow said...

Your CDs are also some of my favorites! White Christmas is by far my favorite Christmas movie! Watch it every year since I was a little girl! Your horse is looking good! I am looking forward to your update! Good luck with your decorating, still working on mine too!
Hugs, Mona

Prims By The Water said...

Lori has wonderful patterns. Trying to finish up a Christmas heart. Janice

marly said...

Ralphie! And Christmas Vacation (Chevy Chase). Some of the scenes cause laughing fits year after year. Too emotional for the tender moment movies. Jingle Bell Rock (love Brenda Lee) and Happy Christmas (even though I am not a big Lennon fan - probably the only one on earth).

Doreen Frost said...

A Christmas Story is also my FAVORITE! I can not tell you how many times I've watched it. LOVE this time of year. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

doreen

Mugwump Woolies said...

Annie and I watched It's a Wonderful Life on Sunday night...my favorite. A Christmas Story is Annie's favorite...she absolutely loves it! We also watched Christmas Vacation and roared. A new favorite of mine is Elf. I remember when it first came out I thought it was awful...now I love it! Our favorite Christmas CD's...Perry Como...can't help it, it takes me right back to the wonderful Christmases of my childhood. Annie loves James Taylor!
Enjoy!
Robyn

Saundra said...

Gee, you've inspired me to look for Christmas movies on cable now. I don't own any Christmas DVDs but have a few CDs. I also like Manheim Steamroller, TransSiberian Orchestra, and for the life of me can't remember the other names and am too lazy to go upstairs to get the names off the cover.

Love your horse pull toy project. Your punched sections look like perfection. Am looking forward to seeing it finished.

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Julie, oh what fun!!!! I love the sights, sounds and yes those wonderful Christmas movies. A Christmas Story is a must as is Christmas Vacation, Elf, love them all!!!!! Love listening to most Christmas music but adore Dean Martain singing Marshmellow World. ... Your work is beautiful, just like you!!! Hugs Francine.

Julia said...

Dear Julie, I love all the same movies as you and also I love A Charlie Brown Christmas.
I haven't even put on Christmas music but I have a stack of Christmas CDs that I listen too. Especially the old versions. I'm not at all impressed with the newer versions.

I'll try to make it to the 8'oclock time to see your update.

Have a great fun day.
hugs,
Julia

HomeSpunPrims said...

I'm listening to music and watching movies too! You have a lot of the ones I have. I'm honored you're working on my design my sweet friend. It's looking good! Will be in touch soon. Big hugs, Lori

Winnie Nielsen said...

I love the sights and sounds of your home, Julie!! Your blog header is also fantastic with all the prims together. I hope you and your family have a joyous Christmas together this year!!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi,everyone!
Thanks so much for all your comments! I love hearing about your favorite music and movies and many of you love the same one's I do, as well as some I forgot to mention!! As I said, there are JUST TOO MANY!! Also, I appreciate your kind words about my work, and also my header! That is a photo of two Santas I made and sold and some of my tin collection!
Some of you are No-reply bloggers so I can't send you a personal "Thank You" so hope you stop back to read my thanks here!!
If you want to correct it, just do a Google search and it will show you step by step! Then when you leave a comment on someone's blog, they can respond to you directly!! Hope that helps!!
Heart Hugs and Many Thanks~
Julie