Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Sunday, October 2, 2016

~HEX AND FREX PUNCHNEEDLE~

A most Happy Sunday to you, dear friends!! 

In my last post, I shared my punchneedle piece of Hex and Frex, 
a wonderful design by the talented Lori of Notforgotten Farm!



After much thought, I decided to frame it!



The frame is primitively painted in flat black and then antiqued!



I stained Hex and Frex to add age and just love how it looks now, though I'm not sure you can truly see the difference in this photo!



This is a picture of the back and shows it better!!  The front looks just like this,  softer and warmer and looks old, which I LOVE!!!



For the background, I chose a tiny homespun in mustard check,
which really draws your eye to the mustard colors in the piece!



Black coverlet cloth is a nice backdrop to these wonderful colors!
I use this on my table under my old trencher!



Love these black scissors for snipping!



Love this sweet Acorn Needle holder, I recently found!



It opens to hold your needles for stitching those fall projects!



My handmade Velvet Acorn Pincushion, stuffed with sawdust and perfect for holding pins at the ready!  I still have one available in my Picture Trail Shoppe, if you think you might need one, plus some other goodes for your Fall/Halloween pleasure!! 



Normally, I hand stitch my punched pieces to the fabric background, but in this case, I am choosing to glue it in place due to it's size, and also the fact that I am making it for myself!


Once I have it all finished, I will share it with you!!!  It has been such a fun project and if you have been thinking about making it, hop over to Notforgotten Farm! 

^^^^^^^*^^^^^^^

Thank you so much for spending some time visiting with me today!  I hope you will be sure to stop back in the next few days to see the finish, as well as some other photos of some more of my Fall/Halloween decorating!!!  

Wishing you a day filled with Creativity and Inspiration, my friends~

Julie  

10 comments:

The Eveningstitcher said...

Your needle punch is beautiful! I always have liked that design by Lori. The acorn needle holder is gorgeous!! I don't think I've ever seen one in all my travels. Will be anxious to see your lovely home! Those scissors are the bomb!! So sharp!! I sell those at the shows in Holly...I love them!! Have a great day, Julie!!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Hi Julie,
Your needle punch turned out wonderful! Can't wait to see it framed and pics of your fall decor. Thank you for sharing! Hugs, Lori

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wow...your kitties are wonderful! Can't wait to see it all framed...great choice of fabric for the backing...love the tiny checks! Looking forward to your "Autumn Tour".
Robyn

Barbara Shores ~ Village Folk Art said...

HI Julie...This is a wonderful piece of punch needle. I love to age my stuff too. To me white is way too stark or sterile looking. The backing and frame are perfect... Great job lady.
Thank you for sharing your finished art work.

enjoy the day ... Peace for all,
Barb

acorn hollow said...

I love your punch needle but anything acorn it wonderful!
cathy

Prims By The Water said...

Love that lil acorn and your punch needle project is so Halloween perfect. Cannot wait to see it framed. Janice

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thank you so much, sweet friends! I truly appreciate your visit and wonderful comments!! I really enjoyed making this piece and can't wait to get it all done! Several of you are No-reply so I can't respond to your comment and hope you stop back here to read this! I love sending personal responses when I am able!
Thanks again for taking the time to stop by!
Enjoy your week!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

moosecraft said...

Hex and Frex finished up handsomely! I like the idea of a picture frame as a finish. I'm thinking maybe some touches of embroidery added to the homespun might be nice too? Looking forward to your finish as well as more harvest home pics! :-)

old crow said...

Julie, LOVE your Hex and Frex! Your background homespun is a perfect touch!! Looking forward to your finish!! Your little Acorn needle holder is precious!! What a sweet find! Hope you are cooling down a bit, the leaves are changeing colors here.......such a wonderful time of year! Miss our warm cider evenings at the SaltBox!!
Hugs, Mona

Julia said...

Hi sweet Julie. I'm been away from blogger and only visit occasionally now. I love your Hex and Frex and love how you have chosen to frame them.
What is your method of staining to age it? I'll be on the look out to see it finished.
Life is still busy on the farm and I can never get done everything that needs to be done but I try anyway.

I hope that you and Lauren get to meet. How awesome is that!
Warm hugs,

Julia