Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Monday, July 25, 2016

~MEASURES, TRENCHERS, AND BOWLS, OH MY!~

I hope all of you are keeping cool.....or at least, trying to!!!  I have ceiling fans, floor fans, and the AC going almost all the time and am certainly looking forward to cooler weather!!!!

I was looking around my home today and realized I have quite a number of bowls, trenchers, and a very large measure and thought I would share them with you!!

I LOVE old cookie cutters and have different ones grouped together in different bowls!



Old and aged with a bit of rust as well!! These are strictly for decorating now, but I'm sure they once made amazing cookies, biscuits, and donuts!  I believe the tin basket shape was used for a quilt pattern and is not a cutter, but I just thought it looked nice with the other things in the bowl!




This old trencher holds lots of old butter stamps, paddles, and molds,
 sitting on an old blue chair!




Don't these pears look real?  I wanted to buy the bowl and realized that the price was for the bowl AND pears, all for $17.95!!  That was a very happy day, indeed, even if I can't eat the pears!



This is a very large trencher that holds lots of vintage cutters that have wooden and painted handles, plus an old funnel!! 



Another wooden bowl filled with heart and figure cutters!!! 




Wooden bowl filled with old darners, coverlet strawberries and a little doll!




This is a very large bowl filled with more old cookie cutters! It sits atop one of my penny rugs!




A wonderful make do trencher filled with velvet and cloth strawberries that I have made and I love how the light plays over the fabric!



Love all the reds, greens, and even a few blues!




My very large yellow ware bowl is the perfect place for some potpourri and a candle!




Another yellow ware bowl with two velvet acorns and an old velvet pumpkin pincushion!




Some stone fruit in another old yellow ware bowl!!




More fabric strawberries in blue and mustard, waiting for hangers!




This extra large measure is the perfect holder for my pudding and cake molds!




Another large bowl filled with old tin pieces!




I even have some bowls on my wall....in a bowl rack, of course!!!



 We  have really tall ceilings in the dining room so it was the perfect spot!




Finally, a nice stack of wooden bowls on a shelf, just waiting to be filled with.........??

I hope you have enjoyed my collection of bowls and that you have been inspired to use them in your decorating!!!  They are so much fun to collect AND use, and are easy to transport!!!  I find myself using them when I work on my projects and they make it so easy to keep things organized, PLUS they are great for displaying your collections!!! 


 You just never know when they might come in handy!  

While staying inside trying to keep cool, I have been working on some goodies for Fall and Halloween!!!  Please be sure to check back for a sneak peek soon!!!

Wishing you cooling thoughts and bowls full of goodness......AND ice cream, my friends~

Julie

23 comments:

Jessica said...

I love all your treasures Julie! I'm having bowl-envy LOL.

rebelrosecreations@gmail.com said...

Lovely Treasures! Now I am on the look out for wooden bowls. Looking forward to seeing more post. ~ C's Cross Stitch Creations ~ http://christiescrossstitchcreations.blogspot.com/

The Eveningstitcher said...

Oh how I love your treasures, Julie!! They are displayed so beautifully in your wood bowl! I'm especially drawn to the cookie cutters...Mine are in a big glass jar and I enjoy pulling them out every now and again and just looking at them! I almost bought two old darners at an antique mall yesterday now that I've seen yours....I'm going to have to go back and get them!

Prims By The Water said...

You sure do have a lot of bowls and trenchers and I simply love how you have displayed each and every one! Janice

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thanks so much, ladies!! It seems one can never have too many bowls and I'm so happy you have been inspired!! Keep your eyes open for them and you never know what you might find!!
Happy bowl hunting!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Earlene L. said...

Wood bowl heaven!!!!! Love all of them Julie and all the snalls in them.
Going back to look again!!!!
The hot weather can stick around for awhile and I would be fine with it. It cooled down nicely last night so I have the windows open right now for fresh air.
Happy Summer Julie

Saundra said...

Oh how I enjoy your enthusiasm on decorating with your wonderful treasures. Lately I've been gathering items once treasured and plan to take them to an auction house. Need to downsize and what was once a treasure to me seems to be more clutter as I've no interest dusting it any longer.

Guess there is a season for everything so enjoy those wonderful collectibles. I do still have my cookie cutters tho. Well, still have a lot of this and that.

Sure did enjoy your bowls of goodness.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wonderful post, my friend! Love seeing your beautiful bowls filled with your many treasures. Love seeing your cutters...one of my favorite collectibles. Those gorgeous red berries are making my heart race!
We are indoor people when it's this hot. Oddly enough, it is cooler here in sunny Florida than in many other parts of the country.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful bowls!
Robyn

Nancy D. said...

I'm simply bowled over (sorry! couldn't resist!)!!! I love how certain things just appeal to us…and soon they turn into an impressive collection. Lovely.

Primitive Stars said...

Afternoon Julie, oh I am loving this post, all are dear to my heart too. Love all your collections, trenches and bowls, beautiful treasures. Adore your velvet berries in the trencher, looks prim perfect. Thanks for sharing, I do feel inspired now, keep cool sweet friend, Hugs Francine.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

I truly appreciate reading all of your comments and especially loved Nancy D.'s about being "bowled over!" Wish I would have thought of that for my title!! lol
Since some of you are no-reply, I can't respond personally, so hoping you stop back to read it here!! That means that when I click on your name, it will not let me leave a message! To correct this, just Google How to fix No-reply!!
Thanks again and hope you all find some bowls to decorate with or use the ones you might have tucked away somewhere!!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

marly said...

Your berries are the best. Perfectly constructed. Lots of other goodies too!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Julie ~
Your displays are perfection. I, too, have a "thing" with wood bowls and trenchers, but many of mine are hidden away.
Your strawberries are magnificent. I ca't believe how many you've made. I'm just finishing up about a dozen of them and I'm about berried out. LOVE the stone fruit, too. One of my favorite collections.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the primitive wooden bowl ideas! Beautiful anniversary pic! Sincerely Jenny (fellow primitive country buff)

acorn hollow said...

I love your collections I have some wooden bowls that I need to dig out. I also have lucked into some yellow ware bowls lately but I have decided to use them daily. It reminds me of my grandmother.
cathy

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

I love all of your bowls and the strawberries!
I have several wood bowls and one very special trencher I got at Brimfield.
During the house remodel they are all packed away and I miss them so much.
Your post made me want to get mine out soon and make some strawberries to fill a few!
"Bowled over" that's a good one!
Louise

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

I'm always so happy to hear you have been inspired by what I share! We can all learn from each other and help each other, even when we think it isn't much!! Pull out those bowls and trenchers and USE THEM, whether it is just to decorate with or to actually use for what their purpose is! Surrounding ourselves with things we love makes us feel so happy and loved......dust and all!!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Karen Martinsen said...

Hi Julie!
What a fun post. I've been enjoying everyone's trenchers and bowls so much.
You have a huge collection and all so lovely. And the tin - love it!
Blessings
Karen

Gayle said...

WOW! I DID enjoy seeing all your wooden bowls and trenchers! What great collections you have - thanks for sharing them with us!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thanks, Karen and Gayle,
It is so fun to collect the things we love, isn't it? So very happy you enjoyed the post and hope you got some new ideas for your collections of perhaps starting one!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

HomeSpunPrims said...

Hi Julie! Great pics of your bowls and collections! Love how you display everything. I'm sure you are hard at work on your fall/Halloween offerings. Big hugs, Lori

annie said...

Enjoyed seeing all your things, you have wonderful collections!

Summer said...

I am in love with your trenchers ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com