Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Monday, June 27, 2016

~THIRTY FIVE YEARS AND COUNTING~

Jeff and I celebrated our 35th Wedding Anniversary, yesterday,  June 26th!!

Truth be told, it really seems like only yesterday.........till I look at this photo, 

taken on our first anniversary!!!


My, but we were both sooooo young!!!!!

We were both so excited for the future and what life had to offer!! 

~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

So much has happened in those 35 years........

The gift of two wonderful children, Jeffry and Janelle,

Two faithful pets, Shelby and Chaz, both gone now, but not forgotten!!!!

Living in 9 different states and moving more times than I can count on two hands!!

Serving in the pastorate for over 20 years!

A Master's Degree and Doctorate for Jeff and a PHT degree for me........Putting Hubby Through!

The loss of all 4 parents! We miss them all and are so grateful for all the wonderful memories!!!

The gift of our new son, Austin, Janelle's hubby, 2 beautiful granddaughters, Bella and Sophia, and our granddog, Charlotte!

Surgeries, illness, up's and down's, joy's and pain,  and finally, my stroke last year!!

So much life lived in 35 short years!!!

As we celebrated quietly yesterday, I was filled with such gratitude for a loving and caring husband that has shared this journey with me over these past years!!

He is my soul mate and best friend.......a gift from God, that I am so blessed to live my life with!!!


We are both older now, but so much wiser than the two people we were!!!

My heart is truly full and I am Blessed!

~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

And now abide faith, hope, love, these three;

But the greatest of these is LOVE! 

 I Corinthians 13:13

~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~

Today begins the next 35 years.....filled with hope and love,
 and hopefully,

 NO MORE MOVING!!!

Wishing you faith for today, hope for tomorrow, and MUCH LOVE, my friends~

Julie

21 comments:

jan said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. ...jan

Fran Caswell said...

A very Happy Anniversary to the two of you. Congratulations.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thank you, Jan and Fran, for your warm congratulations!!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

marly said...

Congratulations to you both. Very nice photo.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Happy 35th anniversary you too! Wishing you many more healthy and happy years together. Loved both the pics! Hugs, Lori

HomeSpunPrims said...

You Two!

Penny said...

Beautiful pics of a lovely lady and her hubby! Congratulations on 35 years of marriage, and here's to 35 more!!

Earlene L. said...

Julie your post is the sweetest I have read in awhile!!!! Very touching and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. Your still a beautiful couple!

Anonymous said...

Happy 35 years together. May you have another 35!
Great picture of you both yes your older but I am pretty sure
Your still young at heart. Enjoy your evening and life!
Darlene N. Tn

Mugwump Woolies said...

Happy Anniversary! It is a blessing to go through life with a true partner...sharing the ups as well as the downs. Great pics!
Robyn

Nancy D. said...

Congratulations on a Blessed Marriage!!! Celebrate!

moosecraft said...

A very good life! Happy Anniversary and many more!

Saundra said...

Happy anniversary and wish I had been as fortunate. You have what I was hoping to have. You two are truly blessed.

old crow said...

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations on 35 years!
Hugs. Mona

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thank you all so much for your very kind congratulations and well wishes!!! We feel so blessed and grateful and don't take it for granted!!! Your words and friendship truly warm our hearts!!!
Heart Hugs~
Julie

Theresa F said...

Congratulations!

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a sweet post. You can just feel the love.
Happy, happy anniversary and may you be blessed with many, many more.
WOW! I've seen you mention so many different places you've lived, but I had no idea how many...this from the person who lives no more than 5 miles from where she grew up.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

You are truly blessed to have spent 35 years with your soul mate! Happy Anniversary!!

Susan Spence said...

HaPpy Anniversary...EnJoyed your story and pictures...CuTe CuTe CuTe...Have a good day.

ps...this is my 1st post...i do not know what i am doing...LOL

Primitive Stars said...

Happy belated Anniversary, you two look still marvellous!!!!!! Cute story too,Hugs Francine.

Rachel said...

Very beautiful, thanks for sharing!:) So many lovely stories, and pictures! Happy anniversary!