Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Saturday, February 27, 2016

~SEWING ROOM, PART 3~

Hello, dear friends!

I am so happy you decided to join me again for Part 3 of my Sewing Room!!  

Let's get to it, shall we?


Next to my bookcases filled with fabrics and books is a wonderful little washstand
that holds some of my pincushions in blue, and a wonderful stack of nesting boxes!
They hold sawdust, old cotton batting, white snippets of fabric and black snippets of fabric,
 all used for stuffing!! 
 I just love stacking boxes!!


The old washstand has a small drawer and a bottom shelf....home to some
 Ball jars of buttons and spools!
It fits perfectly between the bookcases and a black cupboard!!



Here is the black cupboard and you can see the space next to it on the right where the 
washstand  fits!  It actually  hides the cord that goes up the wall to the light fixture!! I HATE wall cords and outlets and love to camouflage them when I can!!! 
 Do you do that too?


This black cupboard is home to lots more fabrics and books
 as well as a hand made angel that I have had for years! 
 She loves living there! 
 Notice the blue stacking boxes on the right? 
 They are the same ones in the earlier picture!
  I decided to move them after I took this picture!! 
 I don't have two sets, although I would love it if I did!



Above the black cupboard is an old wood box that I've made into a wall cupboard!  It holds old jars
filled with rusty bells and on the top are some pincushions and a framed poem by Emily Dickenson!
The pincushion on the the far left is my very first punchneedle piece! 
The tall  heart punchneedle piece was made by Lori Rippey, and the small coverlet piece on the far right was made by Mona Holland, both sweet friends and talented ladies!! Lots of old bobbins in buckets and some large spools of thread sit on the top of the black cupboard!



On the left side of the black cupboard is a special friend to keep me company!!  This little mousie made by me, lives in an old pewter sugar bowl, and holds his prize acorn!!  The bowl rests on a  little quilt square made by my dear friend, Lori Rippey!!
He thinks she made it for him and just loves it!!!



On the other side is another little mousie, who sits on his cushions, holding an old hat pin!!  This was made by my sweet friend Mona, of My Old Crow Primitives!  Isn't he just too cute??
He loves that old black shoe and thinks I should make it into a pincushion!!!  
My thoughts exactly!!!!



In the center are two wonderful old drawers I found, that hold lots of sewing treasures!!  I don't know if they originally came from an old sewing machine, or were from an old dresser, but they are really long and provide lots of storage!!!
I love little drawers, don't you?



Beside the cupboard is an old framed piece!  The watercolor is sweet, and I don't believe it is old, but the frame is and looks like it might have been used for spoons!!  I used it to hold some tiny cookie cutter dolls I made and think they look so sweet there!!! 
Three little maids in blue!!!



Below the framed piece is an old ironing board that I made  into a display piece for some old textiles!! It fits perfectly in the corner, next to the closet!!



The closet holds my hooking supplies and a cutting mat! 
Nothing fancy, but I hope to fix it up in the future!



Next to the closet (I did close the door) is an old school desk that fits perfectly on that little wall!!
It holds an old pickle jar filled with thread, some bobbins in a bucket, and an old wooden crate filled with more thread!!


Above the desk is a small peg rack with some hearts I made, plus a reproduction cheese mold!
Love all the touches of red!!


I collect old textile bobbins and use them in my creations as well as just love to display them, so I found an old bakery box that works perfectly as a wall cupboard for them!!  Love all of these old bobbins!!  The top shelf holds some tall make dos I have made!



Small walls can still offer great areas for display!!



I just love the graphics on this old crate that sits on the school desk!  It is such a wonderful piece for storage!!! I also have some smaller wooden boxes underneath filled with smaller bobbins!
Wooden boxes and crates make wonderful storage pieces!



So there you have it, my little space of happiness!!! 
 I am so happy you have enjoyed visiting with me and taking the time to leave such lovely comments!!! 
 I think we all need a special place to create, and hope you have been inspired to make a place for yourselves!! 
 It truly does the heart good!!!

**************
Before I close, I wanted to share something with you that is
 SUCH A BLESSING!!!

It has actually been ONE YEAR AGO this month that I had my STROKE!!! 
  My heart has been filled with SUCH GRATITUDE to the Lord for His Mercy and Grace to me this past year,
 to my husband Jeff, whose quick thinking and action saved my life,
 and to all of you who prayed for my recovery!!!  One year later, I am doing well, feeling great, and going strong!! 

 GOD IS GOOD!!

I try to take each day as it comes and enjoy each moment for what it is...... A GIFT!!!
 I am Blessed!!!

**********

Wishing each of you a day filled with special blessings,  simple gifts and a heart of gratitude~

Julie

18 comments:

old crow said...

Hi Julie, I have truly enjoyed your creative work space! You have a lovely way of displaying your wonderful treasures! Happy to see a couple of my handmades that are enjoying that creative space! Congrats on your good health this past year! You were truly blessed with an Angel watching over you! Happy Creating!!
Hugs, Mona

Ronda said...

Hi Julie, God is Great!! So glad that you are ok. Loved the tour today.. So much inspiration...have fun!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Just beautiful, Julie. You have such a knack for displaying your treasure.
I, too, have a couple pieces from both Lori and Mona. Their work is perfection (just like yours!).
Hugs :)
Lauren

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Julie,
thanks for the tour of your lovely sewing room. I could just live there. You sure have a stash of beautiful fabric, and love all of the beautiful eye candy. You should be very proud, everything is lovely. Hugs, Lecia

Primitive Stars said...

Evening Julie, now wonder it's your happy place. I love all your wonderful collections, so many from dear friends too. I also admire your decorating style, so comfy cozy. Enjoyed my visit with you as always. Hugs Francine.

Jackie said...

Love your sewing room!

celkalee said...

What a charming room, it would be easy to inspired while working there. Thank you for sharing and best of health to you.

Julia said...

Wow Julie, your room is just so beautiful. What a great talent you have to decorate so nicely.
I had no idea you had a stroke a year ago. You are surely bless that you are able to do all the things you're doing. i always say "A grateful heart is a happy heart" Now go ahead and make something with that quote.
I just love visiting your blog...
have a great weekend my friend.
Hugs,
JB

Anonymous said...

Love your blog.

Groetjes from Holland.

moosecraft said...

Big Hugs for a full year of successful recovery! Life's obstacles can certainly make a person appreciate the good even more! :-) Love those nesting boxes... and the pin cushions you have pictured near them! Gorgeous space you have to create and be happy! :-)

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures of your sewing and creating space. Everything in your room is so inspiring!

So sorry To hear about your stroke. I had no idea. I have not been very good at blogging for a while. But plan to get back to it soon.

I am going to email you.

God bless you!
Carolyn

kelley said...

Hugs and more hugs on doing so well after the stroke...you are such a doll to share your sewing room with is...it's lovely...I have a soft spot for fabric mice...more hugs for a healthy future!

Karen Martinsen said...

Just found your blog - it's wonderful!
I love the tour of your sewing room. The colors are so warm and inviting as well as how you have it furnished.
I too use nesting boxes for 'things' that I use....it's fun to use things like that - makes me happy when I look at them.
Blessings
Karen

Kurt Schindler said...


So many neat collections. Enjoyed your tour. Thanks for sharing.

Glad to hear that you are doing so well health wise. Each day is a treasure.

Charlotte

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hello, dear friends,
My very deepest thanks to all of you for your kind words, well wishes, and compliments!! Kindness ALWAYS touches the heart, and my heart is truly blessed!! Some of you are no-reply so the only way to thank you is here!! Hopefully you will stop back and know how much I appreciate your words!!
I hope each of you has a wonderful and creative week!!
Warm Hugs to you~
Julie

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

So many wonderful treasures creatively displayed! Each moment of good health is a blessing. Glad to hear you are continuing to do well! Always enjoy seeing what you make!

HomeSpunPrims said...

More great pictures, Julie! So happy to hear you feel good and are doing so well. Continued blessings wished for you my friend. Hugs, Lori

Orange Sink said...

Julie what a delight to see your lovely sewing space! I love all the display pieces and how you organize your fabrics and treasures! I could just come over and sit and hook rugs all day long... and bask in the warmth and joyfulness!
I'd like to send you all the prayers, hugs and wishes for continued good health! Indeed we need to celebrate each day we have! I know your heart is strong and full of love for life!
Happiness Always!!
Cathy G