Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Monday, February 15, 2016

~SEWING ROOM, PART 2~

Happy Monday, my friends!!  

I hope you all had a loverly Valentine's Day, complete with chocolate!!!  I certainly did!!!!

I loved reading all of your comments on my previous post and hope that you are ready for Part 2!

******************


This is the corner as you face the front of my room!
Two old samplers under glass on either side of a small corner cupboard!



Shelves filled with pretties, putz sheep, brown transfer ware sugar bowl and saucer, old spools of thread and scissors, 
a red checked pincushion I made, and a sweet stitched piece from my dear friend
Lori Rippey!



Another shelf filled with old photos, spools of thread, painted heart box with old pincushion on top, heart shaped scissors and a heart pincushion I made!
Who says a corner has to be boring?



This little stool/bench sits below the cupboard and hold my Valdani threads in the drawer, as well as a small ruler box gifted to me by Sharon of Moosecraft Blog!  I filled it with buttons and just love it!



Another corner cupboard sits below, holding the small bench, a stand filled with ornaments I made, and also has a lower shelf!!  



Here is a closer view of the bottom shelf, holding glass jars filled with old spools of threads and old clothespins, with two old flower frogs!  Two old brown transfer ware platters hold more hand made pincushions!!



Beside the corner cupboards is my mannequin Millicent!!  She feels right at home here in my sewing room!!!



I just love her wire skirt, don't you?  She keeps me company as I stitch away, with never a cross word!



This old gal has been with me for 35 years now and still stitches beautifully!  



I hope she keeps running for many years to come!!!



What would a sewing room be without some sewing projects, waiting patiently to be worked on?



I also have some sweet little birdies to keep me company!!   Normally I have the blind open, but the light was just too bright for my photo!!!  It really is a lovely view outside my window!!



Above the window is a long shelf filled with lots of pincushions I made, including my version of a Milliner's Head with an old bonnet!  Love all the shadows!!



Next to my table on the right are two bookcases, filled with all manner of sewing, stitching, craft,
home decor, rug hooking, needle punching, and quilting books AND Fabric!!  A girl can NEVER have TOO MUCH!!!



The round boxes on the top are also filled with different colors or fabric snippets, buttons, and various other supplies at the ready!  One never knows what one might need!!



And finally, another orphan chair, complete with an old coverlet and an enamelware pan filled with little baby shoes!!



  Love the ones stuffed with pink tissue paper!!!

****************

I  hope you enjoyed your visit today and got lots of ideas and inspiration!!  I still have more to share, so I will be doing another post soon on Part 3!  It is hard to believe I have so much packed into this little room!!!  Please do be sure to come by soon!!

I am working on some new items for Spring and Easter as well, and will share a little "sneak peek" soon!!!  

Thank you so much for your friendship, interest and wonderful comments!!!  They really do touch my heart!! 

Wishing you a Creative and Inspiring day, my friends~

Julie  


19 comments:

Fran Caswell said...

What an amazing room. Filled with so much crafting goodness. Just beautiful.

moosecraft said...

Wow1 Surrounded by so many wonderful creations!!! How can someone be in that room and not be inspired? Love it all... especially the pinkeeps above the window! Buttons are a great use of the ruler box! :-)

Chris said...

Hi Julie... what a fabulous room you have to play in and enjoy! I love the corner shelf with the two framed samplers and the Catholic schoolgirl in me noticed that Millicent accessorizes with rosary beads. Can't wait till Part 3!

celkalee said...

A lovely, cozy and inspirational space! I love seeing other artists work space. It give an insight into process for each person. Thank you for sharing.

The Eveningstitcher said...

Beautiful, Julie! I love your room. Mine is kind of a mess right now. I need to get more shelves, but then I would just buy more stuff! I love that your sewing machine is still in good use. I wish I would have kept my old Singer that I bought 40 years ago. I'm sure, where ever she is, she still hums right along! Thank you for posting all the pictures!! I really enjoy looking at them!

Julia said...

Wow, Julie, I wasn't expecting such a great sewing room. Your place looks amazing and there's more to come... I can't wait...
You must have been collecting for a long time. I noticed the Rosary beads also on the dress form. I have several of those too.

The old sewing machine was made to last as compared to today's machines...

Have a productive week sweet Julie. Thanks for tour #2 and I'm looking forward to tour #3.
Hugs,
JB

Saundra said...

I love Millicent! That ruler box is wonderful as are all your lovely items. If my sewing room was a little more tidy I'd show you my space too. Sadly mine has gotten a LOT disorganized since I'm trying to downsize on my fabrics.

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

a beautiful room, indeed ~
xoxox
L

Primitive Stars said...

Evening Julie, oh what a wonderful cozy room. Your decorating style is so delightful, you really put together eye catching vignettes. I adore the bowl of old shoes, so sweet..Blessings Francine.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Everything is just beautiful!
Thanks again for sharing.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Il Cassetto dei Bottoni said...

It's simply wonderful!!
I like to have a craft room like your .
Matilde

HomeSpunPrims said...

Oh my......such a wonderful room with everything displayed so beautifully! I love your creative space, Julie! You have so many fun collections. Thanks for sharing with us. Love & hugs, Lori

old crow said...


Just Lovely!! So cozy, really looks like a fun place to create! I really love your "Millicent" she is a beauty! Enjoy all that beautiful sunshine you have streaming through your window!...I bet you don't miss all the rain we have been having here!!
Hugs, Mona

marly said...

I love that corner! I have to find that stand your ornaments hang from.

Kurt Schindler said...


I love all your treasures and collections. Reminds me of my sewing room - filled with items that make you happy. Looking forward to Part Three.

Charlotte

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hello friends,
I truly appreciate each and every one of your comments and try to thank you personally if possible!! It means a lot to me that you take the time to visit and leave your thoughts!! Thank you!!
To Fran, Celkalee, and Charlotte,
I was unable to contact you personally, so hope you stop back and read this!! I truly appreciate your comments and your visit and am so happy you loved my little room!!! Thanks so much!!
Charlotte,
I'm happy that my room reminds you of yours, and know it must be a very happy place!! We all need those special places to create!!
Hope you all have a wonderful week!
Warm Hugs~
Julie

Prims By The Water said...

All I can say is WOW!!! Janice

Janet-Olde Crow Primitives said...

Wow........looks wonderful. So welll organized!!!

Ronda said...

So much inspiration! thanks for sharing!!