Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

~SEWING ROOM, PART 1~

Today, as I was planning on writing a new post, I was inspired by someone who 

ALWAYS INSPIRES........

Lori Brechlin, of Notforgotten Farm!

She wrote a wonderful post about where she spends her time being creative....

Her Sewing Room!!!

Her photos are wonderful, filled with SO MANY lovely things to look at!

True textile eye candy!  A feast for the eyes and food for the creative soul!!

Thank you, Lori!

She invited her readers to share their own creative spaces

and so I decided I would share mine with you!

************


Won't you come in??



I just realized I am living in the past!!  Love the pictures in this calendar but I think I need to turn the page, don't you??



I collect silhouettes and thought these looked wonderful with this old stitchery sign!



It says, "Well Begun is Half Done" and seems like a perfect saying for a sewing room, yes?



I LOVE little chairs, all kinds, shapes and sizes, and have them everywhere!
I've never met a chair I didn't love!!!
This one holds some stacking boxes filled with fabric scraps for stuffing!  One of these days I will paint them or cover them with fabric!!




Here is a very unique cupboard that I use to hold wool!  It has two sliding glass doors and sits on an
old piano bench!  The old crate under it is a favorite that hold lots of old spools and wooden candlesticks!  The top is great for display as well and holds more treasures!





My favorite primitive black cupboard, FILLED with old sewing related treasures! 



Pincushions in old sugars and creamers that I made, old photos, thimbles, old books, velvet strawberries, old daguerreotypes, and a sweet putz sheep!!!  I often wonder if any of these women loved stitching as much as I do?



Old scissors in a flower frog, velvet strawberry, an old metal shoe pincushion, and old photos!



More old scissors, an orphan high topped shoe with a tomato pincushion tucked in the top, surrounded by more old tomato pincushions!  These things make my heart smile!!!



Another old black chair with old school slates and a basket filled with old cookie cutters!  Notice the screen on the side of the cupboard filled with wool!!!



Above the chair is a lovely old wall box....perhaps used for candles back in the day, but for now, it holds special treasures.....some Doll House Dolls I made, a lovely pinkeep made by my dear friend
Lori Rippey, an old photo, and an amazing old boot pincushion, filled with pins!!!



Here is a closer view with the whole boot showing!!  Tattered, torn, worn, and well loved!!!



Here is a view of the wool cupboard as you face the door!



The top hold more special treasures.....a stack of old document boxes and a large star make do that I made that has Merry Christmas stitched on the other side!



Lovely painted box with old framed photos and some sweet red velvet shoes, rug hooks in a flower frog, and an old tin candlestick!



Finally, a wonderful little box I recently found that I just love but want some opinions of what might have been used for!  It has a hole in the top, with two drawers, and I believe it was used for sewing, but can't figure out what the hole is for? 


 It seems like a pincushion might have originally been on it, but would welcome anyone's opinion!!!  Thanks so much!!!

********************

Well, I hope you enjoyed your tour of my Sewing Room, and will be sure to come back to see Part 2!!  I had so many pictures, I felt it was better to break it up into several parts!
I will be posting more soon!!
Thanks so much for spending time with me today!!!

***************

Wishing you a day filled with inspiration, creativity, and the things you love, my friends~

Julie

15 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Your sewing room is awesome, even though your calendar is wrong. :-) Janice

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a wonderful room. So neat and so very organized!
I just love all the sewing treasures in your black cupboard!
Thanks so much for tour part I. I look forward to part II.
Hugs :)
Lauren

celkalee said...

What a lovely post. Creative spaces are so interesting to me. A glimpse of personal spaces reflects the spirit of the creative person. Thank you for sharing, anyone would be comfortable in your space.

Julia said...

Oh Julie, what a beautiful sewing space you have there. No wonder you're so creative, being surrounded by all those treasures. I love those old scissors and sewing tools . So well organized and displayed. You're a great decorator.

Thanks so much for warm invitation to tour your sewing room and for all your warm comments you leave on my blog and for your emails.

Big hugs,
JB

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Your creativity shows in how you have displayed so many wonderful treasures!
I love so many of the things you have and collect them myself especially the tomato pincushions.
Look forward to seeing part 2!

Saundra said...

I love your sewing 'nest'. Such lovely treasures you have.

Fran Caswell said...

What a beautiful room. I love all of your treasures. I can't wait to see part 2. Thank you for sharing.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thank You, ladies!! I truly do appreciate your lovely words!! I try to surround myself with those things that make me happy and feel we ALL need a special "Happy Place" where we can work, create, and dream!
So happy you stopped by and will be posting Part 2 soon!
Warm Hugs~
Julie

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

thank you for sharing your world with us Julie!
L

HomeSpunPrims said...

A wonderful room to create, Julie! You have some wonderful things to surround and inspire you. Both you and Lori are so inspiring and are blessed to both have a room for your creating. I don't have a room I can set up so have things stored everywhere in my little house. I set up my sewing machine on the dining table when I need to. Thank you for sharing my sweet friend! Hugs, Lori

Primitive Stars said...

Hello sweet friend, I adore your sewing room. Filled with such wonderful treasures and love your decorating style. I would never want to leave it,Hugs Francine..

Ronda said...

Hi Julie!, thanks so much for visiting my blog...I am following you on Bloglovin as well. I hope to be more active in blogland in this new year.

You have some wonderful collections and what a lovely work space. I always say, I can stitch anywhere, but having that 'space' of your own is magic.

Enjoy the rest of your day!.

blessings,
~ronda

moosecraft said...

So many wonderful treasures to have out for inspiration while you relax and create! I'm going to guess that the box is a place to store candles and the hole on top is a candle holder? I don't know for certain, that is just how I would use it... Looking forward to part 2!

old crow said...

Your sewing room is beautiful! So organized, I think mine is a place between "horder and crazy mess". Do you still have that amazing large file cabinet with all your patterns? Your beautiful room inspires me to get busy with mine!Happy Creating!!
Hugs, Mona

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Hi Julie, your room is wonderful, and so neat and tidy! The box with the hole in the top, could it have been a wool/thread holder where your thread came out through the hole to stop your thread from rolling away if you were a crocheter? If you google Paton's knitting wool holder you will see pictures of one like we had in the 1950's for knitting wool. Just a thought. If the drawers would hold a ball of Valdani sized thread, that is about the same size as a ball of Coats crochet thread here in the uk.