Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Thursday, January 21, 2016

~FINISHED~

Good Morning, friends! 

I am sooo excited to share that the rug I started in October is FINALLY DONE!!!  

The colors are some of my favorites.......rich reds, blacks and mustards......LOVE IT!!!

I took some pictures of it to share and was amazed at how it looks different in different places!!











Ooops!  My feet were NOT supposed to be part of the show!!  Haha!  Sorry!!

Can you tell I love red birds??

Beautiful reds!!



The stacking boxes have many of the same colors in the rug!



Finally at home!!

It took me a while to figure out the perfect spot for it, but I finally decided it belonged here!  

It was a fun rug for me and now I am ready to try another one!

I  hope you have enjoyed my journey hooking this rug and thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!


*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*


I am working on a few things for a small Update for Valentine's Day......ALL THINGS HEARTS, 

so hope you will check back soon!!  I have also been revamping my Picture Trail and may have a

small sale as well, so stay tuned!!

*~~~~~~~~*


I know that many of you may be in the midst of that terrible weather that is hitting the east coast, so 

my thoughts and prayers are with you!!  Please stay safe and warm,

 and may God keep you in His tender care!!

*~~~~*

Wishing you The Warmth of Home, my friends~

Julie  


21 comments:

HomeSpunPrims said...

A beautiful, beautiful rug, Julie! Looks like you've been rug hooking for years! I knew you'd be a natural at it. Love where you hung it too. Thanks for showing us. Hugs, Lori

Saundra said...

It is beautiful and the colors pop. So what's next gurlfren?

Yes, it is strange how the colors change from room to room, different lighting and settings. Don't feel bad, I have loads of photos of my feet, lol.

Vicki Jo said...

So beautiful! I love those colors! And you really put it in the perfect place -- what beautiful photos. Good job!

Chris said...

Hi Julie...love everything about your beautiful rug and hooking! Colors are fabulous! Can't wait to see what you decide to hook for your next rug. Take care

Rugs and Pugs said...

Julie,
Like I said before, you are a natural born hooker. Your rug is beautiful and you found the perfect spot for it.
Hook on, my friend.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

O Julie , that turned out GORGEOUS and I love where you hung it ! I cannot wait to see what you do next. Have a great weekend ~hugs Angela

Julia said...

Your rug is beautiful and you're very smart to have already found a perfect place for it.
Looking forward to see what you do next.
Valentines it right around the corner so hearts are perfect.
Stay safe and warm'
Hugs,
JB

Prims By The Water said...

This simply gorgeous. I love love the colors and it is perfect where you hung it! Janice

Denise said...

Julie, Your rug is absolutely beautiful!! You have an amazing talent!!
I always enjoy your posts.
Denise

Larkrise garden girl said...

Your rug is beautiful!!!!!
The colors are so amazing.
I am inspired to work away on my rug, hugs cheri

annie said...

It is outstanding, I love the colors!
Hopping most of the snow does Not come here!!
Bless you, this whole year through!

marly said...

Very nice! Your decorating looks great.

moosecraft said...

Beautiful rug and looks like you've found the perfect place for it! I'm so glad you decided to give hooking a try! :-)

Kim Bodell said...

Everything you make is beautiful and this is no exception. I love how you have decorated it looks wonderful.

Cheryl Porada said...

Love it! Great job!

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Julie, I adore your rug, those colors are so beautiful.... Stay warm and safe,Hugs Francine.

old crow said...

Julie, your rug is beautiful!! Love the colors! It looks just lovely where you placed under your sweet shelf of bobbins! Can't wait to see what you hook next!! Have fun choosing that perfect pattern!!
Hugs, Mona

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hello, dear friends!
Thank you all, so much, for your sweet words!! I truly appreciate each one of you taking the time to visit and leave me your comment!! I try to answer each one of you personally, but some of you are No-reply so please know I am unable to respond to you! Hopefully you will read this and know how much I appreciate your words!!
Thank you so much!!
Warm Hugs~
Julie

Jeanne said...

LOVE the rug...your work is beautiful. Wish I knew how to hook, but I don't... Looking forward to your update.

Karen Whittal said...

Your rug is really beautiful, so wish I even had a tiny bit of craftiness in my jeans, it looks stunning wherever you put it

Barbara Shores ~ Village Folk Art said...

WOW Julie ... What a beauty. Love the reds and you did an outstanding job. It will be an 'eye catcher' wherever you put it. Can't wait to see your next rug.
Keep safe with Peace & Blessings for all,Barb