Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Monday, December 7, 2015

~RUG PROGRESS AND A SMALL UPDATE~

Happy Monday, dear friends!

After the hectic move, I have been pulling some loops on my rug each evening as I watch some TV!

Here is my progress!


I am just loving the colors and how it is all coming together!



This is so much bigger than the other two I hooked and I am learning much as I go along!



What do you think?  I hope you like it as much as I do!!! 



 I can't wait to get it finished, but am just enjoying the process as I pull each 
piece of wool!! 

 Stay tuned for my progress!! 

 I know I will be a bit scared when it comes to binding so I may have some questions for my fellow hookers out there!!!

*******************

I will be having a small Update on my Picture Trail later this week, and thought I would share a few pictures of what I will be offering!! 







 I made these late in the season last year so I had them all ready!  

Sadly, due to the move, I was not able to make anything else, but I still have some things on other albums that would make perfect gifts for a special friend!! One suggestion would be the fabric pears! They look wonderful on a tree and are in the Fall 2 album!

I will post the day and time soon, so stay tuned!!

***************

Thanks so much for all the lovely comments and emails on my last post and for your thoughts, prayers and friendship!!  It truly warms my heart!!

Wishing you a Loverly Day, sweet friends~

Julie

16 comments:

Earlene L. said...

LOVE your hooked rug!!!! Colors are great!
Hugs
Earlene

Barbara Shores ~ Village Folk Art said...

Hi Julie, I positively love the colors on this...I can't wait either to see the progress and then the finish. Looks like a great job.

Peace for all
GOD BLESS AMERICA

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Juile, the rug is so pretty, those colors are wonderful too. Enjoy pulling those loops,Hugs Francine.

Saundra said...

Your loops like they've been steamed already. Your choice of colors is wonderful and so crisp. Forget who you said you purchased the pattern from. Could you let me know.

Saundra said...

Dang, forgot to mention how I love your primitive Santa. I have a couple santas left from my show days. The days of making dolls is over as there's no more joy left for me doing that. It became a 'job' and still don't feel like making any. Besides, I've no outlet for it as ebay and etsy is a gamble.

Chris said...

Hi Julie....love the progress on your hookin'! Can I ask where did you purchase the fabulous prim reddish-rust wool? Looking forward to your update on goodies coming soon.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Wonderful colors in your rug, friend! You are doing a great job! Sadly, I have not taken my hook in hand in months. Trying to finish up my decorating so I can hook or sew something very soon. Great goodies!
Glad you are settled in and now have the time to feather your nest...in wool!
Robyn

Rugs and Pugs said...

Julie ~
You are a natural born hooker. It looks like you've been hooking for years.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Julia said...

Julie, your rug is just so darn sweet and I love the color combination. Your hooking talent is showing. Your Christmas wears are beautiful also so it looks like you're on your way to success.
Take car and stay safe.
Hugs,
JB

Julia said...

Should read"" Your Christmas wares"... and not wears
JB

imsteelefullofscrap said...

Your rug will be gorgeous when finished love the colors

Kim said...

Your rug is so awesome!!! Is this your own design? Love it and love the color of your wools. Can't wait to see it hooked!!
Merry Christmas~
Kim

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Love the colors in your rug! They look so much like you!
Look forward to seeing it finished.

moosecraft said...

Your rug is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the colorway you chose! You're a natural... I'm so glad you decided to hook!
Looking forward to your update!

Designs in Wool said...

Julie, so fun to see the progress on your rug! Love the colors :) Mary

acorn hollow said...

Love your rug! If you are a new hooker you are doing amazing! I went back and read your last post. By looking at your lovely home I would never guess it's location. I would have guesses new England.
Cathy