Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Sunday, October 25, 2015

~BROWN PAPER PACKAGES~

"Brown paper packages tied up with string,
These are a few of my favorite things!"
~ My Favorite Things, by Rodgers and Hammerstein.


I have always loved that song and have my own list of favorite things, packages being one of them!!
Who doesn't love the idea of a box, all wrapped up and with hidden treasures, just waiting to be opened!!  Such a lovely thought!! 

~*~*~*~*~



Unless those packages happen to be PACKING BOXES!!  

~*~*~*~*~*~

Yes, we are moving, and we have packages and boxes EVERYWHERE!!!


Different sizes to hold our treasures!


Bubble wrap, packaging tape and paper are tools of the trade!


All neatly labeled and carefully stacked!


Upended chairs on top of stacked boxes!


All ready to be placed in our new home!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As I type this, I am feeling a mix of emotions.........sadness to be leaving our son and our beautiful granddaughters, but also peace and excitement about the future!!



We knew this day would eventually come but it has happened a lot sooner than any of us expected and we have been working hard to be ready to move a week from today!!!

Jeff has a job change that will be a much better situation for us and our son agrees, even though he hates to see us go!!  We will be moving to Peoria, AZ, a suburb of Phoenix!  We have never lived in AZ before and know it is going to be HOT, but right now is the PERFECT TIME to move there and for that we are truly grateful!!!   We will be about 5 hours away so will be able to visit and still see them on a regular basis!!  We are excited about that!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

During my break times in the evening, I have been working on this.......


It is a bigger rug than I have currently hooked and I am really enjoying it!!


I have LONG admired this pattern and knew when I learned to hook that it would be on my list!


It is called BIRD IN FLOWERS, by Anne Nichols, and you can find it at 
WHEATON WOOLENS!


I am using some of my favorite colors to hook it with and it helps me to deal with all the confusion and stress we are under right now!!!  Those of you who hook know exactly what I mean!!!

~*~*~*~*~

Also, if any of you decide to purchase something from my Picture Trail during this next week, I will still try to get it mailed to you in a timely manner, but if there is a problem, I will certainly let you know and do my best to take care of things!!  I still have plenty of paper, boxes, bubble wrap and tape at the ready!!!  

I will post my new address soon and if you need to contact me in the meantime, my email will stay the same!  

We would truly appreciate your thoughts and prayers for us as we continue to pack, say goodbye, travel, and set up our new home!!  We both aren't as young as we used to be and having had my stroke earlier this year, I want to be careful!!  My husband and son are loading and unloading the truck so I am mainly packing and then unpacking!!  Just think of all those brown paper packages I get to unwrap!!!  One of my favorite things for sure!!!

We have so loved being here with our son and his daughters and though it will be sad to say goodbye, we know there is a new life waiting for us as we walk through this new door!!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"When the dog bites, when the bee stings, when I'm feeling sad.....
I simply remember my favorite things,
and then I don't feel so bad!"

Wishing each of you your own VERY FAVORITE THINGS~

Julie

18 comments:

The Eveningstitcher said...

Oh my goodness, Julie! Such a flurry of activity in your life! I hope you enjoy AZ..we were there last April. I would love to move and start a new chapter late in live, my husband will never move...even though we are both retired....he refuses to even talk about it...I think he'll be regretful in years to come and then we'll be too old! So I envy you, my friend (in a good way)...and wish you the best! I will live vicariously thru you....and I can't wait to see your new home!!

Chris said...

Hi Julie...love the rug pattern and colors you've chosen for hooking. The rug will look lovely in your new home soon to be. All my best with the move and little by little, everything will come together. So, take care, my friend and I look forward to hearing how you are doing in AZ through the blog. You always spoil me with your goodies on the Picture Trail :)

Julia said...

Hi Julie, I love your positive and loving attitude. Your rug is going to be just lovely and I think it's great that you learned to hook. It's very relaxing for sure.

Wishing you a smooth transition but I know there will be some changes and it all takes time but I also know that your new home will be a place of warmth and beauty because you will make it so.
Hugs,
JB

Saundra said...

You look so organized but know it is still chaos in you mind. And so many things need to wait to get packed...those items you use every day and can't be without. I'm not envious of the moving process as I've done that many times before too. It was fun and exciting when younger and now that I'm long in the tooth hope I've made my last move. Enjoy your new adventure.

Saundra said...

OH!!!!!!! Silly me forgot to mention how I love your new project and the colors you've chosen!!!!!!!!!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Julie,
Your rug is beautiful. You must be Wonder Woman finding time to hook in the midst of a move.
Good luck to you and hubby.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hello my friend...what a big adventure you are going on! I hope you are pacing yourself and taking good care. I know what you mean about pulling a needle or hook when stressed...it's a great way to calm and center yourself. Your rug is a wonderful pattern and your color choices are perfect. Can't wait to see your progress. Best of luck with the move.
Big hug...
Robyn

marly said...

Good luck with your move. I can't imagine having to pack an entire household! But we will be doing that one day I'm sure. Let us know you're OK and in your new home.

moosecraft said...

Prayers for you and your family for a safe move! Such a big life change! Your hooking is beautiful! So glad you decided to give it a try!

Earlene L. said...

I think moving can be very exciting and best wishes Julie!
Safe travels and Arizona sounds wonderful.
Hope you keep blogging too.

Primitive Stars said...

Best wishes to you sweet friend on the move, can be exciting. Love the pattern your hooking, way to go!!!Hugs Francine.

Barbara Shores ~ Village Folk Art said...

Oh Julie , I do not envy you. None the less, hope all goes well. Most of all, Enjoy the adventure. Weve been giving some thought to Idaho. Gets a little cold for our old bones, but you never can tell. Just do not want to get too far from our grand babies.
Love your hooking pattern.
Have a great day... Peace as always, Barb

Prims By The Water said...

Good luck on your move and be safe. Cannot wait to see your new home. Love the colors of your rug. What fabric do you use to hook it? Janice

Kurt Schindler said...


Best of luck with your move and settling in to your new home. The town of Glendale, AZ has some neat shops - at least they used to. Check it out when you have opened up all the brown paper packages!!

Charlotte

acorn hollow said...

I love your color on the rug and good you have something to let your mind settle from all that packing. It truly makes me ill thinking about packing up our house. we have been here way to long.
cathy

annie said...

Bless you through it all, hugs!
I will be praying for you!

reclaimed wood dining table said...

Your rug is the best! You're really enjoying it! You are a patient person and I love how you use your time wisely. Thanks for inspiring!

Larkrise garden girl said...

Julie, your colors in your rug are wonderful! It is simply lovely! Hugs cheri