Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Sunday, August 2, 2015

~A New Rug, A Birthday, and an Update~

A happy first Sunday in August, my friends!

Even though it is in the upper 90's here in the Inland Empire,

I just started my second rug!


A fluffy, woolly sheep

with the word WOOL!!

It is a sweet design by Lori Brechlin, 



adapted by Kris Miller from Spruce Ridge Studios

You can find GOT WOOL on Spruce Ridge Studios website if you are interested in the pattern!!!

Many thanks to these two very talented ladies!!!

xxxxxxxx

It has been a bigger challenge than my last one,

but I am happy about that as it means I am learning and growing!



My first circles!



The letters were a challenge for me but I think they look pretty good, don't you?

I have another wiggly line left


and then on to the background!  

xxxxxxxxx

I found this great wooden divided carrier recently


and it is just perfect for holding my supplies!!


I was also able to finally get a Hartman Hook 

and it really made a HUGE difference for me!!

I hope to be finished with my rug soon!!

Now what to do next????

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In other news, we celebrated my sweet granddaughter Sophia's 4th Birthday!!

I can't believe how much she has grown and changed since I have been here!!

She is such a sweet girl with a wonderful personality!!  


Can you tell her favorite color is purple?

None of our other pictures turned out because she was just moving so fast,

but she had a great time and LOVED her PRESENTS!!!

Happy Birthday, Sophia!!!  

Please don't grow up too fast!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With the coming of August, many of us are thinking of cooler temperatures

and ALL THINGS FALL and HALLOWEEN!!

It really is just around the corner!!!

With that said, I have been busy creating,

plus pulling out some things I made late in the season last year

and am going to have an Update!

Please join me on Tuesday, August 4th,

at 7:00 PM, EST on my Picturetrail!

It will not be open till then so that we have time to 

get it ready!!

Here is a Sneak Peek for you!!


I hope to see you on Tuesday!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting with me today!!!

Your comments and encouragement ALWAYS make my day brighter!!!

Wishing you all a BRIGHT and BLESSED Day, my friends~

Julie

11 comments:

marly said...

That divided carrier is perfect for your wooly worms! I'm thinking about Fall too, but with dread.

Saundra said...

Julie, you're so CUTE and remind me of my feelings when first learning rug hooking. Your circle was perfect and while you might be timid and slow at pulling loops now, believe me you'll develop a rhythm and the loops will flow swiftly. Good job m'dear! Happy girl having happy hooking.

Saundra

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Julie, I love your new rug hooking project. It is awesome. Happy Birthday to Sophia, she is adorable. Spotted alot of nice fall creations for your update. hugs, Lecia

Earlene L. said...

Love your hooked rug Julie!
We are suppose to get bad storms here tonight late . It is in the 90's now.
Hugs
Earlene

The Eveningstitcher said...

Oh my goodness....your update looks amazing! Pantry boxes and firkins?? Wow...wish you lived closer...I love your rug...that is a really sweet design by Lori..she and Kris are so talented. Your little Sophia is just beautiful...they grow up so fast!

The Humble Stitcher said...

You are doing such a beautiful job with your rug hooking, Julie! I can't wait to see your latest one all finished...I know it's going to look wonderful! Looks like you have some great things for your update...you sure have been busy :)
Big Hugs,
Sandy

Julia said...

What a cute little Sophia. Such a sweet smile... unfortunately, they grow up way too fast.

The update on your crafts is beautiful. You're gifted in many ways. Your new rug looks wonderful. There's no stopping you now.
Hugs,
JB

Barbara Shores ~ Village Folk Art said...

Wow... your wool rug is looking great, and you have been busy too. This heat is not slowing you down. Got up to 96 today, plus we have been blessed with some drizzles=humidity this past week. Sophia is adorable. We too celebrated our 6 year old granddaughter's(Kohana)BD on 727...Easier for me to remember. Your update looks exciting, can't wait to see all the candy.
Keep Kool, with Peace for all,

Barb

Primitive Stars said...

Evening Sweet Friend, love the wool rug, you are very good at hooking. Sweet Sophie, what a doll she is. Nice and cool temps tonight here, love it. Your update goodies are wonderful.Hugs Francine.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Julie ~
You are a natural hooker!!!
Your update looks amazing.
Sophia is too cute.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Chris said...

Hi Julie...your hooking is looking great and I am looking forward to all the goodies you will have on hand for us tomorrow. From what I've seen, there are many!!!
Take care, Chris