Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

~NATURE'S BOUNTY~

Hello, dear friends!

Is is really June 2nd already??

Many of you are busy working in your gardens

enjoying the warmer weather and playing in the dirt!!!

Sadly, I do NOT have a green thumb

as far as real plants are concerned

but

I can still manage to "grow"  some of my own fruit

via fabric, needle, and thread!

Here is my recent "harvest" of


Strawberries!


Nestled in a large wooden trencher



Resting on a wool penny rug that I made



Love all the reds and green together!!

They almost look good enough to eat!!

***************

In keeping with the nature theme

I also love to collect old tomato pincushions

and thought I would share some of my favorites!



Old and worn with a large emery,



Tucked in a sweet tiny teacup



Inside an old baby shoe!

I just love them, don't you??

*************

I was reading an old book of mine the other day,



Aged to Perfection by Country Living!



It is filled with wonderful photos and great ideas for decorating!

Suddenly, I came to this page.........



Be Still My Heart!!!!!

I just happened to have an old jar that I was saving for something special

and decided to made my own



Tomatoes under Glass!!

I couldn't be more pleased!!!  

*************

I have also been working on some new items 

for a new update,

coming in the next week!!

Here is a little sneak peek!




Hope you will stay tuned and check back

for the date!!

************

If you would like to receive a notice of my updates,

please be sure to sign up for my email list on my blog sidebar,

or sign my Picture Trail Guest Book

and I will be happy to add you!!

I trust you are enjoying warmer days,

cooler evenings

and doing what you love!!

Wishing you a week filled with Bountiful Blessings, my friends~

Julie

13 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Julie,
I love all your strawberries, but those tomato pincushions make my heart sing. I especially love the one tucked in the baby shoe.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

I love your strawberries and they look wonderful in the trencher. I have a large collection of the tomato pincushions and still can't pass up buying another when I find one. They remind me of my mother and grandmother. I have both of theirs!

HomeSpunPrims said...

A beautiful post my friend! Your strawberries are wonderful and look so good in the trencher. Love how you have your tomato pincushions displayed. Your jar of them looks just like the picture in the book! Your update goodies are also wonderful. Always fun to see what you are working on. Big hugs, Lori

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Julie, oh I adore those Strawberry's of yours, they are so beautiful in the trencher too. I also collect old tomato pincushions, I have my mothers that I love and cherish. Always enjoy my visits with you, warms my heart.Blessings Francine.

old crow said...

Hi Julie, gosh, you do have a lovely collection of tomato pincushions!! I also fell in love with that book, and I am filling a vintage pickle jar!! Mine isn't quite as full as yours!! So fun collecting when I go antiquing!! Love your new pin keeps and your sweet little dollys!! Your strawberries are wonderful!! They look primitively perfect in your trencher!! Someday I am going to make another penny rug, yours are lovely!! Hope all is well in Sunny California!! :)
Hugs, Mona

Penny said...

Oh Julie.... I just love it all!!

Orange Sink said...

Julie,
What a fantastic collection of strawberries you have stitched!!! The trencher is perfect to hold them and looks so summery! And tomatoe pin cushions are so fun to collect! The old ones are getting harder to find! LOVE them in that jar!! Looking forward to seeing your creations... I will sign up as soon as I am done writing this!!
Hope your summer is off to a grand start and you're feeling well and healthy!!
Hugs!!!
Cathy G

Gayle said...

Yummy eye candy in this post Julie! I love your little strawberries - look good enough to eat! I also have a large pickle jar full of tomatoes - on Instagram right now some gals are sharing their pincushion collections - so fun to see!

Prims By The Water said...

Be still my heart with your trencher full of strawberries. I love love love them! Great idea for tomatoes too. Janice

moosecraft said...

Beautiful strawberries and I love those little dollies! :-)

Larkrise garden girl said...

What eye candy everything is so wonderful! Hugs Cheri

Barbara Shores ~ Village Folk Art said...

Hi Julie, All that 'June Gloom' down there is making it windy up here. By now I should be used to it... such is life. Delighted with all your strawberries, they are my favorite, to eat too. Hmmmm, a penny rug to boot under the wooden trencher... what a beautiful sight!
Looks like you are keep'n busy, so now to enjoy the day with Peace and happiness as always, Barb

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

So Love all your strawberries you created ~ they look wonderful in your old trencher!!! OH my Stars ~ a wonderful collection of tomato pinkeeps ~ I like the idea of putting them in a big old jar!!!
I seen a pretty pink one once and after I got home I thought why didn't I buy that??? Oh Darn!
I also Love your newest creations!!!
Happy June Days to You!
Blessings
Robin