Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Friday, June 26, 2015

~ALL FINISHED~

Hello, dear friends!

In my last post, I shared how I had started rug hooking and was about to begin the background!

I am happy to announce that it is all finished!!



It was such a delight for me to hook this sweet mat

and I am so very happy with how it turned out!!



I love all the different shades that create movement!



Lovely shades of deep black, brown, charcoal, and gray!

I love the dark colors alongside the oranges and greens!



Wonderful swirly stem!



Sweet loop of color!



I finished the back with black tape!



There was LOTS of hand stitching!



I realized I  had to fold and iron the tape quite a bit to fit the oval shape

but I hope I did it correctly!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I am so excited to decorate with it this fall

and am so happy I got it finished!!

If you would like to make this mat

just contact Kris Miller at Spruce Ridge Studios!

Many, many thanks again to all of you who encouraged me

and I am excited to start another one......

hopefully, soon!!!

I guess you could say....



I am HOOKED!!!  

Wishing you a wonderful weekend, my friends~

Julie

17 comments:

marie said...

For your first rug you did a great job. Good job on the finish, don't know how you could do it with out making the little pleats. Your really hooked when your working on 3 hooking projects at a time. ha-ha! Excite to see what you pick next.

Larkrise garden girl said...

Great job your a natural hooker! Keep up the good work. Hugs cheri

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

You are a natural. It doesn't look like your first time rug hooking! It will be so much fun this fall!

Julia said...

Julie, your first rug turned out fantastic. It's perfectly round and it's not always easy to make it perfectly round but you did it. It looks wonderful. You did a great job on the binding also.
Congratulations on finishing your very first rug. I know it's only the beginning of your hooking but you hooked it like a pro...
JB

The Eveningstitcher said...

Wonderful rug, Julie!! Another awesome hooker is born!! YAY!!!

Saundra said...

Wow, you'd never know it was your first hooked piece. It is absolutely perfect and know it will be a wonderful fall decoration piece for you. Congratulations! Since you're hooked I'm looking forward to your next hooking project.

Barbara Shores ~ Village Folk Art said...

OMGosh ... What a perfectly wonderful mat. I'd say you are a perfectionist and a job more than well done. Happy for you that it is bringing so much pleasure ... keep it up. Looking forward to seeing your next one.

Peace & Blessings to all,
Barb

Chris said...

Hi Julie...love the pattern, the hooking is superb, and the binding totally completes it so well. A fellow hooker gave me some good advice once that there are many ways to hook and bind and what works for you may not work for someone else. I think you got it right!!!! Congrats and keep on hookin'! Take care, Chris Z.

Orange Sink said...

Julie Oh My Goodness! What awesome hooking and finishing on your first rug! But then that doesn't surprise me a bit as your handwork is always perfection no matter what you've created! Congratulations and WELCOME to the wonderful world of rug hooking!! You are gonna love it here!! With such a fancy frame you will be hooking some big honkin' rugs before we know it!!
Hugs!!!!
Cathy G

Theresa F said...

Wow, great job!!!!!

Primitive Stars said...

Oh Julie, such a sweet little mat, I love it and pumpkins. Your work is beautiful, you should be proud!!! Hugs Francine.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Great job Julie! I knew you would be a natural at rug hooking!!! Your mat is just wonderful and looks like you've been rug hooking for years. Big hugs, Lori

annie said...

Great job!
Good for you!
It came out wonderful!
Hope it is the first of many to come!

moosecraft said...

Absolutely beautiful, Julie! Looks like you've been hooking for many years! And you even finished it perfectly! :-) Now.... when will you begin your NEXT hooked piece? ;-) Enjoy!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Julie,
You are a natural born hooker :) Great job and a wonderful finish!!! So happy to hear you are hooked and hubby can be so proud to tell one and all his wife is a hooker.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Gayle said...

Good job on your first rug - so glad you've jointed the ranks of rug hookers - I look forward to see what you do next. Congrats on a great finish!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Oh Julie, your rug is a beauty! Well done! It's the sign of a real pro when the back of your rug looks as nice and neat as the front! So happy you've taken up the hook!
Robyn