Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Sunday, December 14, 2014

~CHRISTMAS DECORATING - PART II~

I'm back again with my next installment of my Christmas Decorating!!  

Today, we will visit the Dining Room!


all bundled up for a snowday


I have been collecting Cody Foster Snowmen for some time now and they make a big statement all grouped together!  

Most of them were gifts from my husband Jeff, so they are special to me!

My newest one is the little angel in the middle from my sweet friend Lori Rippey!  She fits right in with all of the others, don't you think?


a little Snowman Wonderland

My black shelf with old door knobs and hooks holds a pair of knitted stockings and some of my old textile bobbins are lined up above, including my Old Bobbin Santa, an Old Bobbin Snowman, both made by me, and a small Chalkware Snowman!  A rusty star hangs there all year!


sweet Snowman and his feather tree and redbird


Right next to the snowmen is a wonderful hooked rug made by my dear friend Lori Rippey of Homespun Prims by Lori!  Isn't he marvelous??  I just love him and will treasure him always!!!  He even has a top hat, scarf, and four coal buttons, just like my little snowmen!!

Lori makes so many beautiful things and just updated her picture trail with all of her Christmas decorating!!  Please be sure to stop by for a huge dose of wonderful inspiration!

  I hung the Snowman Rug below a painted window I have had for many years that has a snowman scene!  I added a piece of jute to the bottom of the frame and hung my little red mittens (purchased from Pat Byers of High Button Shoe) and a large wool one I made from vintage wool!

Brown crocks are my favorites


Below is an old black bench with some trees and an old brown crock and a large brown jug!  I added the old red stocking to pull it all together!!


Benches are the best display pieces

We don't get snow here, so this gives me my little "snow fix!"

* * * * * * * *


Black and Red are my favorite colors

On the other side of the snowmen is my little black corner cupboard full of goodies!


sweet little vignette of favorite things

One shelf has my little red Santa, putz sheep, old Christmas postcard, and sweet bottle brush trees!
This is the photo I used for my new header!


Santa and trees just go together

The other shelf has a mustard Chalkware Santa and lots of old bottle brush trees!!


HO HO HO

  Notice Santa is even decorating his chenille tree!



Below the shelf is another corner shelf that holds my pantry boxes, Plum Pudding I made, a lovely picture of a mustard Santa and pantry boxes, a red punched lantern, heart mold, and a sweet pincushion made by my dear friend Judy of Beehive Needleworks!!  My granddaughter Sophia is especially taken with this special piece and will always say, "Grammy, Judy made this for you, right?"  Yes, sweet Sophia, a precious treasure indeed that I will always cherish!!


Deck the Halls AND Walls

This wall is certainly FULL of CHRISTMAS CHEER!!!

I am so happy you took the time to stop by for a visit, and I appreciate all of your sweet comments so much!!  I hope if you have not done so, that you will visit my previous post for Part I!  I am hoping to be back tomorrow for Part III!  Hope you will be too!!

Fa la la la la, la la, la la!

Wishing you a "Jolly" Day, my friends~

Julie

8 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Afternoon Julie, looking so wonderful, so many wonderful treasures you have. The snow folk are fabulous gathered together. The red mitts are so sweet strung up, love it all... Thanks for sharing, Blessings Francine.

moosecraft said...

You are a having so much fun decorating! And I am having so much fun looking at all these pictures! :-) It seems like the best treasures are those that are handmade, or have a story of a loved one to go with them! Looking forward to part 3!
I did not forget about the Tavern House pattern.... I hope to finish it by the end of this year.... so get your needle and thread ready to stitch one in 2015! :-)

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

All of your holiday decorations look wonderful! Love the snow men and the bottle brush trees!

Carol Stuck said...

Love, love all of your wonderful Christmas decorations! I have a real soft spot for the snowmen...ha! Merry Christmas! Hugs, Carol

Sandy Whitlow said...

Love your snowmen, Julie! And those two sweet red birds look just perfect sitting on top of your shelf. It all looks absolutely wonderful!!!
Big Hugs,
Sandy

Mugwump Woolies said...

How wonderful everything looks! Julie, so many treasures to see it will take some time to take it all in. Love the red mittens and Lori's snowman rug is so cute. You've done a wonderful job, my friend...a true Christmas wonderland!
Sending a big hug,
Robyn

HomeSpunPrims said...

Dear Julie,
Everything looks so wonderful! You have it all displayed to perfection. I'm glad you are enjoying the gifts. I love your header picture. Thank you for sharing my friend. Looking forward to part 3! Big hugs, Lori

Prims By The Water said...

Love the little groupings of bottle brush trees, santas and snowmen. They look great together in little groups. Janice