Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Saturday, August 9, 2014

~SILVER SLIPPER~

I have a silver slipper
shiny gleaming bright
Glittering beads of beauty
Sparkling in the night....  ~ Bradley Lester

 Recently, I visited a nearby antique shop and was a bit disappointed!  Truth be told, the shop was not exactly my style and I was on my way out the door when I spotted it!!



A Silver Slipper Pincushion! Be still my heart!!!  

The slipper is a nice size, almost 6 inches long, and the pincushion is sawdust covered with a lovely piece of very worn red velvet!!


What made it even better was that these came with it!!


Twenty pins in various sizes!  Was I dreaming???

I already knew I wanted to bring it home with me, but when I saw the price tag, I had to pinch myself!! I took it up to the register to confirm the price, and it was indeed correct (YIPPEE) and then was told that there was an additional 20 % off that day!!  I must confess that I had to really restrain myself from doing a Happy Dance right then and there!!! 


Here is my sweet slipper, complete with all the pins!!!


What a special find!!!  

Now I know how Cinderella must have felt!!!

I was so happy I found it!!  It just goes to show that you never know what special treasures might be waiting for you to find, even in the most unlikely places!!  

Wishing you the joy of unexpected treasures, my friends~

Julie  

14 comments:

moosecraft said...

What an awesome treasure! Love all those different pins too!

Kim said...

Julie~ wonderful find, I love those unexpected moments when you see something you love and it is a decent price......and all those beautiful pins with it!!! NICE!!!
Kim~

Rugs and Pugs said...

How sweet. Even in the worst antiques
shop sometimes a treasure can be found.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Elisabetta said...

Really wonderful Silver Slipper Pincushion!!!

Bobbie said...

Beautiful pincushion, Julie ! I love finding those little treasures and the pins included...big plus!

Penelope's Beehive said...

Oh my, such a lovely treasure...with many hidden stories to tell surely.
Wishing you much joy ...
xo

HomeSpunPrims said...

A sweet pincushion Julie! I know with your love of red it will fit right in to your decor. It does look like Cinderella's slipper too! Enjoy your newest treasure. Big hugs, Lori

marly said...

You lucky gal! I'll bet you happy danced when you got to the car.

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

What a wonderful find! I would have danced to the car!

old crow said...

What a lovely find Julie! What a sweet treasure to add to your lovely collection! Happy Dance!!!
Hugs,
Mona

Orange Sink said...

Julie your little slipper pin cushion is wonderful! What a good eye you have to spot it on the way out! The hat pins are an added bonus indeed!
Blessings and hugs!!
Cathy G

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Julie, my that is a sweet treasure, love it. Great eye for spotting the silver slipper.Blessings Francine.

acorn hollow said...

I am your newest follower so happy you found the pin cushion. I tell myself I am not a collector of them but I just can not pass up an old one. you have a lovely blog and I am looking forward to following you.
Cathy

annie said...

I love this & the pins!
So happy for you!