Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

~BACK FROM TEMECULA~


Hello, dear friends!

  I had a lovely time celebrating my Birthday in Temecula and wanted to say a big "THANK YOU" for all of the Birthday wishes I received!!  Your well wishes warmed my heart and made the day extra special!!  Thank you again for thinking of me on my special day!!   It was indeed Truly HAPPY!!

 ************
Due to the rain we have been having here in SoCal, we were unable to take any pictures the first day we were there except this one!


 This is our lunch at a nice Mediterranean Restaurant, and believe me, it was yummy!!  Yes, Jeff and I did share this!!!

The antique stores we went to did not seem to have as many primitives as I love to look for, but it was really fun just wandering through each one and I did manage to find some special treasures!


Pages of tiny old photos!  I have some plans for these!


Two framed old photos!!  LOVE THESE!


Old clamps and old scissors!!  Love the patina on these!!  I have plans for the clamps too!  The scissors are for my collection!


Tin Types!


Sweet grouping of special treasures!!!

*************
 
What a difference a day can make!!!  The next day dawned bright, sunshiny and warm!!

 This is a view from the deck of our room!!  Notice we were on a golf course!!  It was lovely!!!


We made our way back to Old Town and as we parked, we saw a shop we had forgotten was there!  It is called THE WOOL LADY, and I remembered she taught classes, so we decided to stop in!  

Boy am I ever glad I did!!  I have wanted to learn Needle Punch for years and she had lots of lovely patterns and supplies there, so I decided it was time to take the plunge and before I knew it, Ruth Molina, the owner, was giving me my very first lesson!!  According to her, I was a model student and PASSED!!!!  Hooray!!!  What a great Birthday Present!!

   Thank you so much Ruth!!  You were a great teacher!!

She has the nicest shop, filled with lovely wools,

  lots of patterns

great books 

more patterns
 
 and wonderful threads!


 If you have never been to her shop, please be sure to visit!!  You will be glad you did!!



 So I can now cross "learning to Needle Punch" off my list!!  Now if I can just remember all she showed me!!   I hope to start this soon!!  Wish me luck!!!


We had lunch here!  It is a Mexican Restaurant called THE BANK, and it was really delicious!!  Sadly, we were both so hungry we had things half eaten before we realized we didn't take a picture!!!  Trust me, it was wonderful!!!

After lunch we walked around a bit more and then headed home!!!  It was a really nice trip and a lovely way to spend my Birthday!!!  I guess getting one year older isn't all that bad after all!!!


Thank you again for being a part of this special day in my life and making it that much more special!!  Blogging friends are absolutely THE BEST!!!!

Wishing you a week filled with special treasures, special moments and special friends~~

Julie 

5 comments:

old crow said...

Hi Julie!
So glad you had a special day of birthday shopping! What lovely treasures! Love the vintage clamps! The Wool Lady looks amazing! I could spend the whole day in there! Looks like you have all you need to start "punching" , love the butter mold patterns! Lori Brechlin has a wonderful YouTube video that really helps! Enjoy, you will love it!!
Hugs,
Mona

Earlene L. said...

Sounds like a wonderful time and please send us some of that warm air and sunshine to Michigan.

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Julie, what a wonderful time you had, that's so great.....love all your treasures, very nice.......looks so warm and can't believe the grass is so green, beautiful.....thanks for sharing....Warm Blessings Francine.

Penelope's Beehive said...

Golly ... what a lovely holiday!!! Beautiful sites, yummy meals, delightful finds, new handwork projects, and best of all ... treasured memories! Thank you for sharing your special birthday celebration.
Sending love your way ...
Judy xo

HomeSpunPrims said...

Julie,
Looks like your little trip was a lot of fun! You found some neat little treasures. I'm so glad you are starting to np. I know you will be great at it!! Have a wonderful weekend. Big hugs, Lori