Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

~EVERYTHING'S COMING UP RED!~

 Happy Day to you, sweet friends~


Red happens to be my favorite color and there is no better time to share it than February, 
the month when we celebrate LOVE!! 


Since I also love HEARTS, I have put together a small corner filled with sweet tokens of love, some from special people in my life!!

  
The first item I want to share is a wonderful stitchery made by my dear friend Lori Rippey of Homespunprims!   She does such perfect stitching and her color sense is wonderful!  It looks right at home with my handmade pincushion, don't you think? Not only is Lori super talented, but she is a very special friend!  I love all of her work so much!!  Don't you just love the primitive black frame!


I painted the little heart box, topped it with an old sawdust pincushion and added a sweet pair of scissors, a gift from my dear friend Mona Holland of My Old Crow Primitives!  I thought they looked perfect with the sampler....actually a card!!   I just love their heart shaped handles!!


Sweet little Brown Transferware sugar bowl, a gift from my hubby!! It had a broken handle that I was able to glue which makes it even more special!!  I love the little girl with her kitty!!


Two red velvet birds I made, with a Nantucket basket filled with old bobbins and shuttles, and of course a red velvet heart I also made!


A gathering of old heart cookie cutters with a little pop of red!


A punched tin lantern in red!



A cast iron heart mold with a wonderful linen pincushion made by another dear friend, Judy of Beehive Needleworks!  The design is so lovely, and perfectly stitched with all the little hearts joined together!!  On the back is a sweet little MOP heart threadcatcher!!!   A most special treasure indeed!!   I will cherish this dear treasure from Judy!!!  I especially love how it looks with the mold!!! 



Heart cutout on a red gameboard with another wonderful stitched sampler made by Lori!!  See the little heart and all those perfect stitches?  LOVE!!!


I have always wanted an old sampler and Jeff surprised me with one!!  Lovely shades of RED!


Notice the date and the month....March, my Birthday month!!!  So very special!!!  Worn, but loved!!


So this is my little corner filled with lots of  RED, lots of Hearts and lots of LOVE!

x o x o x o x o x o x

I want to thank you for making my recent update a blessing, for your many visits, kind words and purchases!!  I am honored and humbled by your kindness and truly feel loved!   Thank you too, to my new followers!!  You are most kindly WELCOME!!

x o x o x o x 

Wishing you a most Happy Early Valentine's Day, filled with LOTS of RED!!

~~Heart Hugs to You~~

Julie


10 comments:

jennifer768 said...

So many lovely tokens of love! I really like your corner,it has inspired me to work on a bare corner that has been bugging me of late.Valentine's Blessings,Jen

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Julie, such a pretty little heart corner. So many wonderful goodies you have there. Beautiful sampler Hubby gave you in your Birthday month. Thanks for sharing, always enjoy your prim displays, Hugs Francine.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Julie ~ such a pretty display of red & hearts!!!
Heartfelt Valentines to you Friend.
Blessings
Robin

Prims By The Water said...

Loving all of your reds..they sure do POP! Plus that sweet sampler hubby got you is precious. Janice

HomeSpunPrims said...

Julie,
Beautiful displays my friend. So kind of you mention me. I love how you've put everything together. You have a way with posts Julie. I always enjoy the pictures you show us and how you tie everything together so beautifully with what you write. I meant to comment about your wonderful update items. I hope you sold lots. You know I love the works of your hands. Big hugs, Lori

HomeSpunPrims said...

P.S.
Your antique sampler is absolutely wonderful!

Penelope's Beehive said...

Such lovely, thoughtful, perfectly arranged vignettes...with each and every piece holding a bit of love and friendship within.
Thank you ever so kindly for the gracious mention of the little something worked by my hand...so very sweet of you Julie.
Sending fond Valentine hugs your way ...
Judy

old crow said...

Hi Julie,
Love your beautiful decorating!! Such lovelies to treasure!! Hope you and your sweet family have a sweet Valentines Day!!
Hugs,
Mona

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh, Julie,
I just love your antique sampler. Melinda of Merry Wind Farm told me that most of the red and green samplers are Scottish.
Happy Valentine's Day.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Mugwump Woolies said...

Red, red and more red...can we ever have enough red! Everything looks so pretty! I think your beautiful antique sampler is the twin to one I have...did it come framed? I'm trying to decide if I want to frame mine or leave it unframed so I can use it in different ways. Love your red birds! Have a fun day and don't forget the lipstick!
Robyn