Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Monday, February 24, 2014

~A LITTLE BIRD TOLD ME......~


No matter how long the winter,
spring is sure to follow. ~ Proverb

~ *~*~*~*~*~


A small ledge in my son's house is the perfect little spot for a bit of spring decorating!  A little wagon adds a pop of my favorite color!!  Can you guess what it is??


A small worn brown and white transferware platter just seems so perfect for welcoming spring with its border of lovely brown flowers!!  Mr. Redbird proudly displays his prize strawberry!!


A favorite brown crock and another bird perched on an old bobbin!!  Yes, spring IS COMING!!!


Another touch of soft white in this tiny primitive birdhouse atop another old bobbin!!  


Brown and white salt glazed crock and another bird on an old bobbin,  just WAITING.....


My sweet little indoor Bird Garden on a ledge!!!  Hope it brings a smile and some HOPE!!! 
 

No winter lasts forever;
no spring skips its turn. ~ Hal Borland

And don't forget.....


A little bird told you so!!!

~*~*~*~*~*~

Wishing you a day filled with the sweet thoughts of spring~~

Julie

Winter is on my head,
but eternal spring
 is in my heart.
 ~ Victor Hugo

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie
Thank You for the nice thoughts
Love that red bird
enjoy your day
Darlene N

Primitive Stars said...

Afternoon Julie, such a wonderful comforting post, love the red bird. So many goodies you display, looks great......hoping Spring comes soon, Blessings Francine.

Prims By The Water said...

What a nice post! Janice

Orange Sink said...

Julie,
Such a wonderful uplifting post and I LOVE your touches of red! That red wagon is fabulous! I shall think Spring now... Thank-you dear friend!!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Such a pretty spring post Julie!
Lovely display!
My favorite quote you wrote was ~
No winter lasts forever, No spring skips its turn.
TFS
Prim Blessings
Robin

HomeSpunPrims said...

Dearest Julie,
I love your red bird too! Thank you for the springtime post. We have another stretch of below zero this week. Supposed to be -32 tonight. I know the promise of spring is around the corner but in the meantime I appreciate you taking us there with your sweet post. Big hugs my friend, Lori

Penelope's Beehive said...

I do love the birdie-filled, Springtime post! Whenever I open the window for our felines, birdsong can be heard off in the distance. A sign most hopeful indeed.
Wishing you a day filled with joy!
Sending fond hugs your way ...
Judy