Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Sunday, January 12, 2014

~TIN AND TREEN~

Good Sunday, dear friends!  Yesterday I decided to redecorate my kitchen window, and realized that what I wanted to use was still packed in boxes in the garage!!!  It was almost like having Christmas all over again, as I pulled each item out of its nest of tissue and put it out on the table!!  The theme for this months window is TIN and TREEN and I had so much fun doing this display!!  I hope you enjoy my collection!

* * * * * * * * 
Old firkin filled with rolling pins, mashers and a tin ladle. Notice the old slaw cutter!

Large cookie cutter!  Love his hat!

Old pudding mold resting atop another mold with a small tin of marshmallow cream

A large grouping of both tin and treen!  

Close up of the vintage scale with another old pudding mold, masher, and butter press.  
Love the make do wire!

Large wooden bowl filled with old molds!  I love their aged patina!

Bowl filled with old cookie cutters! My favorite is the one with the crimped edges!!  
Muffin tins, mini molds and a funnel as well!

Little parson cookie cutter!  My husband Jeff is an ordained minister, so I especially love this one!

Another cookie cutter man figure!

 Metal cake plate holder with an old cake pan, filled with graters, and butter paddles!

Close up of the patent!  Wonderful patina!!

Old printers drawer as a back drop!  Notice all the lovely sunshine!!

I love how it all came together.....TIN and TREEN!!!

* * * * * * * * * * 

I hope you have enjoyed my window today!!  When I moved here over a year ago, I was so happy to know that I had this special space to "play with" and looked forward to decorating it!!  My sweet friend Robyn over at Mugwump Woolies has been my inspiration in sharing my own monthly window and if you have never visited her you are missing a wonderful treat!!  She has the most exquisite taste and always does a beautiful job sharing her gorgeous collections, artfully displayed in her kitchen window!  
 Thank You so much dear Robyn, for always inspiring me!!  
 Please be sure to stop by her blog for a visit!!  
You will be so happy you did!! 

I know many of you have been dealing with terrible weather conditions of late, and I so wish I could send you some of the wonderful weather I have here!!  Believe me, I have lived in MI, OH, and PA, and have many memories of snow days, icy roads, and white outs!!  Brrrr!!  My favorite place to be was close by a fire, snuggled up with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate or tea!!  Hopefully, you are able to do that today!!  My heart goes out to you and I hope you stay warm and above all, stay safe!! 

Till then, I wish you a day filled with the warmth of home, friends, and things that inspire!!!

Sending Sunny CA Hugs~~

Julie   
 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your window is beautiful. Gave me some
ideas to try.

Primitive Stars said...

Afternoon Julie, love the name Tin and Treen but then saw all your wonderful goodies displayed my heart sang. I also had the same pudding mold but when I was decluttering I gave it away, now I am so sorry I didn't hang on to it.....great cookie cutters, rolling pins, everything looks so prim perfect on the window sill. happy Sunday Francine.

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Hi Julie! I absolutely LOVE your window idea and all the fabulous tin and wooden pieces that you have filled it with! I also have a garden window that is above my kitchen sink. Both shelves are full of of my glass jars because I love to see the sun shine through the pretty colors.

You have a wonderful collection, all things that I love to collect too so I enjoyed pulling up each picture and taking a closer look. When I'm out junking and antiquing, these are the things that I'm always drawn to.

Thanks for sharing Robyn's blog. I pulled it up to take a look, now I'm going back over to follow and take a closer look. =]

Have a delightful week~

The Evening Stitcher said...

Julie..Love your window! Your collection of tinware and treenware are to die for!! I especially love the firkin...what a beauty! Yep..the weather in Michigan and neighboring states have been dreadful...but as long as you have a warm fire and a rug to hook...all is right with the world! Thanks for sharing your beautiful window!

Prims By The Water said...

Loving all of your tin and treen decor! Lovely together. Janice

A Primitive Homestead said...

You window display this month has been my favorite. Very inviting and cozy. I can imagine the scent of baked goods.

lilraggedyangie said...

What a beautiful display ...Thanks for sharing...Hugs lil raggedy Angie

Julie Zakrzewski said...

Thanks Ladies, for all of your lovely comments!! I truly appreciate them and you for taking the time to share them with me!!
As a rule, I always try to leave a thank you to each of you from my iPhone, but for some reason I could not do that for you Bobbie, so hopefully you will read this!!!
Hope you all have a great week!!!
Warm Hugs~
Julie

Penelope's Beehive said...

Be still my heart...so many lovely goodies!!! There is something particularly comforting about treen and tin...the sounds, scents, and emotions associated with "home."
Your Parson Jeff is darling!!!
Thank you for sharing another lovely windowscape Julie.
Sending love ...

Mugwump Woolies said...

Well done, my friend! Beautiful treen...and tin! Tin is one of my favorite things! Love all the old molds...they add such a fun pop of texture. Their patina tells a story!
Thanks for the sweet words about Mugwump Woolies!
Great window, Julie!
Have a good week,
Robyn xo

HomeSpunPrims said...

Julie,
Two of my favorite things! Tin and treen!!! A wonderful window display my friend. Thanks for showing us. I have to go take another look. I love Robyn's window displays as well. You two girls are very talented! Big hugs, Lori

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Beautiful display Julie!!!
We sure could use some of that sunny weather you've been having.
Snowing here in WI
Prim Blessings
Robin