Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

~LET IT SNOW?~

Good morning, dear friends!
  You will notice the question mark I have added to my post title!  While many of you are getting lots of the "white stuff" from Old Man Winter, here in sunny CA it is supposed to reach 80 degrees today!!  So much for any snow here!!!  So since I can't go outside and make any snowmen, I've decided to share some that I collect by Cody Foster!

The beauty in that is that they never melt!!
 
This will be Part 3 of my Christmas Decorating Series!!
  Hope you enjoy!!

***********************

Happy faced Snowman!

Did you remember to bring your scarf?

Sweet little guy holding his prize tree!!

Won't you come out and play?

Don't forget your warm stockings!

I love to play in the snow!

I think this tree will do, don't you?

Would you like to ride on my sled?

I love standing in the front!

Big Happy Snow family!

*******************************

Above the snowmen is a long black shelf that I use to display some of my old textile bobbins and I have added a few things to that as well!
.
Primitive Snowman Makedo I made using a Kentucky Primitives Pattern!  Just love him on the old bobbin!

Have you been naughty or nice??

Little chalkware snow angel by E. Smithson, a gift from a friend many years ago!!


Snowman Makedo made by me!  I can't find the pattern, but think it was by Country Stitches!

Shelf topped by a large tin star!

***********************************


Below the snowmen is a grouping of some of my brown crocks!!  Just keeping it simple to focus on their beauty!

Here it is all together!!

I've had this window for years and thought if fits perfectly with the snowmen!

Some long johns and mittens in.......what else, but RED!!  I made the large red mitten with rusty bells from old red wool!

Darling red mittens hanging on a line with old clothespins!  I purchased the mittens several years ago from Pat Byers of High Button Shoe!

Doesn't it just make you want to go out and make some snowmen??

***************************

Thanks so much for stopping by today!!  I hope you have enjoyed your visit and if you do have snow, please stay warm, stay safe and do drink some hot chocolate for me!!  If you don't have snow, put on some good Christmas music, turn on your Christmas tree lights and watch a wonderful Christmas movie!!  It will definitely get you in the Christmas Spirit!!  In fact, I think I am going to go do that right now........"let it snow, let it snow, let it snow..............!!

 

**************************

Wishing each of you your own special Winter Wonderland today....real OR imagined!

Warmly~~

Julie 

8 comments:

Cathy G. said...

Well Julie if any of those adorable snow men start to melt in that 80 degree weather you can send them here! It's been below zero for a few days and today finally made it to 13 or something like that! LOL! What a fabulous collection of Christmas items you have! So full of Holiday Cheer! Hoping you and your family have a Merry Christmas filled with blessings as sweet as you are!!!
Warm Hugs from your friend in WI!!
Cathy G

Prims By The Water said...

Lovin all of your adorable snowmen...too cute! Janice

Primitive Stars said...

Evening Julie, oh I love all your adorable snow folk, such a wonderful display you made up of them......also I adore the sweet red suit, so many goodies .....Thanks for sharing, so much fun to see the houses decorated for the holidays....Merry Christmas, Hugs Francine.

The Humble Stitcher said...

I love your snowmen, Julie. And your brown crocks are wonderful!!! I've heard it's supposed to rain here in California on Thursday so maybe we'll get a cool down before Christmas after all!
Big Hugs,
Sandy

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hello Friend...Your snowmen are so cute, each with his own personality! What a great collection you have gathered. Love the red mittens and long johns! Don;t you just love red? I really, really love the Santa on the old spool! How talented you are...he is so wonderful!
It's still nice and cool here in Central Florida, but I'm sure it won't stay that way for long.
Take good care...big hug,
Robyn

Penelope's Beehive said...

Oh my goodness...such happy, soft, cuddly little chaps! And a good thing that they are not fashioned of real snowflakes...80 degrees!??!!
I do love all of your handmade festive decorations...placed just so, perhaps with the assistance of tiny hands working as "Gamma helpers."
Be well and sending warm hugs your way ...
Judy xo

HomeSpunPrims said...

Julie,
I sure enjoy seeing our displays! Love those red mittens and long johns!! They add such a nice pop of red. Your snowman collection look grand together. Love what you did with the window too. Will email soon. Big hugs, Lori

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Great snowman collection! I really love the brown crocks.
No snow here in NC mountains but we are not as warm as you are.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.