Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Monday, December 9, 2013

~CHRISTMAS - Part 2~


Happy Monday, dear friends!!  I'm so glad you stopped in for a visit today!
I'm continuing my theme on sharing more decorating, and this time the focus will be on a small corner in my dining room!!  There are LOTS of PICTURES, so sit back, relax, and enjoy!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 

 Here is a full view of the corner!
  
The bottom corner cupboard

Santa picture and some favorite things on the top shelf

Old firkin with aged patina and rose hips

Tin lantern in RED

Wonderful prim Santa in Brown, a gift from my husband a number of years ago

Sweet little mittens made from old cream wool


Old wooden bowl, filled with potpourri, and a Plum Pudding I made (a Homespunheart Primitives Pattern) sitting on a painted game board
surrounded by old jars with zinc lids, old graters and an old muffin tin!  Of course, I had to hide the outlet under one of those graters!!  If you look closely you can see some of Bella's artwork on the wall!!

Little black corner cupboard filled with some smalls

Top shelf filled with lovely things!  Notice the wonderful wax Santa mold, made by my sweet friend Mona of My Old Crow Primitives, holding a little twinkle light! 

Red Belsnickel and a framed postcard

Love the colors and the sweet little bird

Green Belsnickel and a MakeDo Pear Pincushion I made from vintage velvet (a Stacy Nash design)

Bottom shelf in black cupboard

 Close up of mustard Belsnickel with some old chenille for decorating his feather tree!
Even Santa decorates!

Both shelves

Old wooden stocking forms with some red jingle bells

Prim Santa stocking in aged ticking that I made (a Kentucky Primitives Pattern)

Love the reflection of the stocking forms in the mirror!

Two velvet birds I made, perched at the very top with a small Nantucket basket filled with greens!

One final look!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Thank you so much for all of your wonderful comments on my previous post and for taking the time to stop in again today for Part 2!  I hope you enjoyed the tour and perhaps even got some inspiration!
Please be sure to stop in again for Part 3........coming very soon!!

Wishing you a Wonderful Week~~

Julie  

6 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Sweet Julie, what a wonderful corner full of Christmas goodness. What a great prim Santa and love the ticking stocking you made, looks prim perfect. So many goodies tucked here and there, I love to see your cozy home decorated for the Holidays...Will be waiting with bells on for part 3, Hugs Francine.

Elisabetta said...

I love the decorations of your home so primitive really great and your Santas are so cute!!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

so very sweet! love your decorating and all of your cozy touches ~ especially that little framed postcard!
Merry Christmas!
L

annie said...

wow I love your corner!
love all the details in it!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Wonderful decorating pictures Julie! Everything looks perfect. You have such a good eye for putting together your vignettes. I love your header too! Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. Love you my friend, Lori

Penelope's Beehive said...

Oh my goodness...such loveliness! You have a special touch dear Julie...perfection!
Sending love and blessings...
Judy