Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Monday, October 28, 2013

~AN UNWELCOME VISIT AND AN UPDATE~

October is one of my favorite months of the year, with all the gorgeous colors, the crisp mornings, warm afternoons and chilly evenings, and the start of all the wonderful holidays,  plus all the yummy goodies one thinks of during this month.......warm apple cider, apple and pumpkin pie, cobblers, stews and other comfort foods!!!


  Here is a little spot in my backyard, all decked out with some fall pumpkins tucked in my old tool carrier, and two more all lined up with painted birdhouses on my long primitive bench!  Old watering cans hang from hooks on the wooden fence, with a primitive wooden flag,  two rusty stars and two more birdhouses!!  Simple and inviting!! 





**********
Sadly, the not so favorite part of October is when I have a most unwelcome visitor pay a call!! It seems that this is the time he chooses to pay a call and I am NEVER HAPPY to see him!!  Who might this be, you ask??  It is my old nemesis.......FIBROMYALGIA!!  I don't really like to talk about it much but it has been the reason I have been absent for a time! 

It is so hard to believe that I have been acquainted with this foe for 23 years and the relationship has never been a good one!!  There is lots of info about it now and many different treatments but back when I first found out I had it, there was little info and support, as well as few who even accepted it as being real!!  I have had many years of pain, frustration, fear and despair associated with this ugly syndrome, but let me just say that through my faith in God, MUCH PRAYER, understanding Dr.'s and a prescription that seems to work for me, and all my stitching and creating, I am usually feeling almost normal, most of the time!!!

Unfortunately, this past month, fibro reared it's ugly head and I had a pretty bad flare, that kept me sitting in my favorite chair with a heating pad, getting lots of massages from my understanding husband, and sadly spending less time with the Sweet peas!  They sure felt sorry for Gramma, but had fun with Daddy and Grampa!! The upside was that I was able to get lots of hand stitching done and was able to make a new litter of Sock Cats!! 


  They are now available on my Picture Trail if you would like to come for a visit!!  You would be MOST WELCOME INDEED!!

************
 I guess there is a blessing even in the pain and I am so happy as I type these words that I am once again feeling almost normal again and I have shown fibro the door!!  I hope he does not pay me any more visits and I am NOT LEAVING THE LIGHT ON FOR HIM!!!  I know many suffer from this and it seems to affect everyone differently, but the main commonality is PAIN!!  I don't know if they will ever find a cure but am just so thankful for all the good days I have been blessed with and THANK GOD EACH DAY that I can still do what I love!!  I hope that if you suffer from this that you find relief, comfort, and support from friends and loved ones!!  It makes all the difference when this UNWELCOME GUEST comes to call!!  Next time, I am just not going to answer the door!!

Many, many thanks to all of you who left such lovely comments on my last post!!  I appreciate your kindness and support so very much!!  There is nothing so wonderful as hearing from you!!  It truly makes my day!!  

Wishing you a lovely week, filled with WELCOME VISITS from special friends~~

Julie

15 comments:

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope it gets better soon. Love all your little kitties!

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Dear Julie, so sorry to hear your not feeling well, hope you do feel better real soon.......Love the Fall decorating, everything looks prim perfect. love the pumpkins in the wooden carrier and watering cans hanging along the fence, nice......Sweet kitty's too, Hugs Francine.

GREETJE said...

I feel the same as you. Every autumn is the same. Wind rain is not good for our fibromyalgia but we have to do with it. I quilt a lot and scrapbook that makes me smile and than i can forget the pain. Hope to hear from you soon you have a wonderful blog

Rabbit Hill Primitives said...

I'm so sorry about your fibromyalgia, glad your starting to feel better. Your fall decorating is just wonderful, and I love your sock kitties ~ so sweet!! Take care of yourself. Warm hugs ~ Jenn

A Primitive Homestead said...

I know fibro well I was diagnosed 11 years ago. With a neck and back work injury before that and the death of my son last year I have checked out of life much of the time. Getting up is a challenge. Getting out of the house is even more challenging. You have quite a group of kitties. I like them very much.

marly said...

Sorry to hear about your pain but glad to hear it is subsiding. Great decorations and kitties!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Julie so sorry to hear that you have been in pain ~ but glad to hear you are feeling better. Don't answer the door.
Beautiful displays and of course those are cute kitties!
Prim Blessings
Robin

The Humble Stitcher said...

Your kitties are wonderful, Julie! I'm so sorry to hear you've had such a bad fibro flare...I understand all too well what that is like :( Hope you continue to feel better.
Hugs,
Sand

The Humble Stitcher said...

Whoops...that's Sandy!!!

Penelope's Beehive said...

Joy of joys...I am delighted to discover your post! Your charming kitties, and festive harvest decorations are simply wonderful...well done indeed!!!
I shall hope that terrible Mr. Fibro has found his way into oblivion.
Wishing you a comfortable, peaceful, joyful, pain-free day dear friend!
Sending love and gentle hugs your way...
Judy xo

Roberta said...

So sorry you have been suffering but glad to hear you are feeling much better. Great decorating vignettes! And those sock kitties are too cute. ~Roberta

HomeSpunPrims said...

Dearest Julie,
I'm so very sorry your fibro has been giving you so much trouble lately. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better again. Your yard vignette is wonderful, as well as your sock kitties. Take care my friend. Love & hugs, Lori

Julie Zakrzewski said...

Thank You so much, dear friends, for your very caring words! They feel like warm hugs and I am truly grateful!! I'm sorry for those of you who know "Mr. Fibro" all too well, and hope you are getting relief and support!! I feel so much better and am happy for each "good day" filled with all that brings me joy! Wishing that for each one of you!!
Warm Hugs~
Julie xoxo

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hello, dear friend...So sorry to hear about your Fibro flare. I'm so happy you are feeling better now...bolt that darn door! Your decorations are wonderful! Black kitties are one of my favorite things and yours are so sweet.
Take good care.
Big hugs...
Robyn

p.s. Bought a new tube of red this past weekend and you were there!

Orange Sink said...

Hi Julie,
Just dropping by to say Hi and to thank-you for such a sweet comment on my blog today! Bless your heart for maintaining such a wonderful positive attitude while enduring the pain from that unwelcome visitor Fibro. I have never been officially diagnosed but suffer many of the symptoms associated with it. The last few years I've struggled with severe thyroid problems as well. You've stated so well how the loving support from family and friends helps one endure. Sounds like you have great support which is a blessing. Those little kitties you made are the sweetest things! Hope the sales are good and they all find loving homes!
Stay strong and healthy and happy... and if you find that log cabin in the woods with the wood stove going and the hot chocolate and old movies and need some company while you stitch... give me a call! LOL! One can dream right?!
Hugs!!
Cathy G