Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

~ I LOVE WALLS - Part 2 ~

Good morning, dear friends!  In my last post, I shared a favorite wall in my home and to continue that theme, here is the 2nd one!  LOTS of favorite things here!   Let's begin.....
 
 
The focal point is this GORGEOUS hooked rug, made by my sweet friend and hooker extraordinaire, Lori Rippey, of Homespunprims!  It has all of my favorite decorating colors, black, mustard and of course, RED!  I just LOVE it and every time I see it, I think of Lori and smile!! She is a very talented artist, and if you have not visited her blog, be sure to drop by!

x x x x x x x x

 
A closer look!  Crocks, red stockings, and two velvet birds I made, to go with the birds in the rug!

 
Simple little log cabin with a tin roof, tin candle holder, a close up of the red stockings and birds!!
 
 
 
Close up of the other side!  I also made the Heart Make do, using a Walnut Ridge Primitives pattern!
 
 
 
Here is the bottom of the display!  Lots of brown crocks, an old picnic basket, and a painted box, all atop my red farmhouse table!  The basket and box are great for storage!
 
 
A lovely little doll dress with my hanging berries!  It actually hides an alarm box!!
 
 
 
Another sweet doll dress in RED!!!  I was actually going to make a doll for this but decided I liked it for hanging!!  Isn't it just adorable??
 
 
 
A look at the top half!
 
 
A final look at the whole display!!
 
I hope you enjoyed looking at my second wall and perhaps have been inspired to do some changes of your own!! All you need is a hammer, some creativity, and of course, a WALL!! !

I am still working on some new things too and hope to add them to my Picture trail soon!  Please be sure to check back in! 
Thanks so much for stopping by, my friends!!

x x x x x x x x x x x x
 
Wishing you all a lovely, creative day, filled with sunshine and Brightest Blessings~~

Julie

5 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Julie, love your displays, so simple yet very actrictive to the eye, what a sweet log cabin, adore it....you have many wonderful goodies to decorate with, thanks for sharing, enjoy seeing your cozy home, Blessings Francine.

Shuttle, Hook and Needle said...

Nice display with the beautiful rug. I especially like the dress with the strawberries. Lots of great things in your display!!

Penelope's Beehive said...

Oh Julie, thank you for sharing Part II! Everything is absolutely lovely...your handmades are splendid as usual, and the hooked rug gives me well-needed inspiration!
Before I dash off, let me say that your new banner, with a basket filled to overflowing with chirpy felines is simply WONDERFUL! *smile*
Sending hugs your way...
Judy x

HomeSpunPrims said...

Julie my friend,
Thank you for your sweet words! It warms my heart to know you enjoy your rug. Your wall display is just wonderful. I love it all. Those little dresses are perfect. I love your strawberries with the one dress too. Love your make-do, birdies, red socks and brown crocks! Hey, that rhymed! lol Thank you for sharing your warm and perfectly primitive home decor with us. Take care. I think of you often.
Big hugs, Lori

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hi, Julie...I LOVE all your red! Your walls look wonderful! I also have a small collection of early red doll dresses... aren't they a fun collection? Your red birds are so sweet and look perfect with the brown crocks. Just a beautiful display!
Hope all is well with you and yours...have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Robyn