Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

~VINTAGE VELVET~

Vintage fabrics are a particular weakness of mine and when I am fortunate enough to find velvets, I am one happy gal!!  I have been saving some black and red velvet for quite some time...just waiting for the right project to use them in, and lo and behold, IT HAPPENED!!!  On a recent little Getaway with my husband we stopped at a lovely shop and I found some WONDERFUL PATTERNS!!  So out came the velvet and this is what I made......


MEET VELVET CROW MAKEDO AND CROW ON A BERRY!

The patterns are by Blackberry Primitives and designed by Kay Cloud, a dollmaker extraordinaire!!  I just FELL IN LOVE with these and hope you like them too!  I have added them to my PictureTrail and plan to open the album today, July 17th, at 9 AM, PST, so if you have a free moment, please do stop by!  I have also added some other things as well in some other albums so enjoy looking!  I'm hoping to share more about my little trip soon, but my two sweetpeas come today as well and that means NO TIME for my computer, so it will have to wait till the weekend!!!  Please stay tuned.....again!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop in and I wish you a lovely week!!

Heart Hugs~~

Julie

6 comments:

Earlene Landis said...

Very sweet crows Julie.
Enjoy your day!
Earlene

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Just beautiful. Looks like we have the same weakness. I was playing with velvet yesterday. Love your new creations.

The Humble Stitcher said...

Your crows and strawberries are wonderful, Julie. I especially love the stitching you did on those wings...beautiful!
Hope you are having a good summer :)
Sandy

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Julie, hope you are keeping well...... Beautiful velvet crows, wonderful work as always.....Summer Blessings Francine.

HomeSpunPrims said...

Wonderful offering as always Julie. Your work is always perfection. Been thinking of you lots and keeping you in my prayers. Biggest of hugs my dear friend, Lori

old crow said...

Love your new creations Julie, you always do such beautiful work. Your stitching is lovely! Hope you are enjoying a sweet summer with those Grandbabies!!
Hugs, Mona