Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Monday, July 29, 2013

~HERE, KITTY, KITTY.....~

WHAT GREATER GIFT THAN THE LOVE OF A CAT?  ~ CHARLES DICKENS


I am a Cat Lover and have loved and been loved by many furry felines over the years! One I especially remember was my first kitty named TIP TOES....he, (or was it she?) had these little white tips on the ends of his four paws, and it just seemed like the PURRfect name!!  I just LOVED that kitten and that kitten in turn LOVED ME and I played with it for hours on end, as I did with all of my other cats.....MANY named TIP TOES as well!!  Either they all had four white paws, or I just loved that name.....I think perhaps a bit of both was true!  Then there was SMOKY, a beautiful gray cat, (no white tipped toes on this one) Cloud, a pure white fluffy kitten with gorgeous blue eyes, and finally CHAZ, a rescue kitten that grew into one of the nicest cats I ever knew!!  We had him a very long time and cherished every minute with him!!!

~X O X O X~

Sadly, I do not have a cat now, but still love cats and LOVE making the sock variety!!  They may not purr, but they warm my heart and are fun to create, especially when I stitch their faces!!  With the coming of Fall just around the corner, I decided it was time to make some and I have a small litter of them waiting patiently for me to add their eyes and whiskers, along with other embellishments to make them unique!!


There is just SOMETHING about them that really tugs at my heartstrings and makes me smile!!  Bella and Sophia, my two granddaughters, gathered them all up the other day and just hugged them!!  You see, they are kitty lovers too, just like me, and perhaps, just like you!!


I hope to get them finished, so I can add them to my Picture Trail, along with some other things I am working on......(why is it that I seem to have ALL of these projects going simultaneously?) and hope to add them all soon!!  Speaking of my Picture Trail, I want to thank all of you who stopped by for my update, and again apologize PROFUSELY for the mishap with the NUMEROUS EMAILS!!  If you got them, you KNOW what I am referring to!!   We did not know anything was wrong until several of you emailed to say you could not see the pictures!!!  We have learned a very valuable lesson and I promise it will NOT happen again!!!  PLEASE accept my Sincerest Apologies and thanks for bearing with this technically challenged gal!!!  I'm so happy you still came and visited and appreciate your taking the time to stop by and leave such sweet comments!!  In my book, you are "THE CAT'S MEOW!" 

Wishing you all a PURRFECTLY wonderful week my friends~~

Julie


8 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Evening Julie, I am a kitty lover too, grew up with cats always in the house, but now I have a sweet dog.......I adore your sock cats, They are prim perfect, i always wanted one, will be sure to check out your picture trail....Happy Summer Francine.

Michelle~Sugar House Creations said...

I'm a cat lover too! Three in the house (all rescues) and we try to take care of a handful of strays. Love your sock kitties too. :-)

Farmhouse prims said...

I like cats too they were always around our house growing up. Love all of your cat creations! Hugs, Lecia

Penelope's Beehive said...

Dear Julie...What a lovely post telling us about your beloved kitties. It was most generous of you to share such precious memories.
I dare say, your new litter of sock kitties is absolutely splendid! I shall eagerly await the moment when I am able to meet them properly on your picturetrail...each kitty filled with oodles of grandaughter-y hugs tucked keep within the stuffin's!
Sending hugs your way on a gentle summer breeze...
Judy

Mugwump Woolies said...

Love your black kitties, my friend. I always look forward to this time of year when all the black cats and witches and pumpkins start popping up! Years ago I had a sealpoint Siamese named Nathaniel...I still miss him.
Have a wonderful rest of the week!
Robyn

HomeSpunPrims said...

Here kitty, kitty! Love your sock kitties Julie!! This is such a fun time of year to see what everyone makes for fall. Your work is puuuuurfection as usual my dear! Biggest of hugs, Lori

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Oh Julie ~ your sock kitties are so adorable ~ I could see a whole basket full of them!
Happy Creating!
Prim Blessings
Robin

old crow said...

Hi Julie, ya know your kitties are my favorite!! I think my kitty might need another "friend" :)
Hope all is well with you! Looking forward to the finished kitties!!
Big Hugs,
Mona

Sumner Days this weekend!! We will miss you!!