Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

~OCTOBER REVELRY~

October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
The leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
~George Cooper, "October's Party"

My Harvest Friends!

This is that very busy time of year for everyone and like most of you, I too have been quite busy, to the point that I have sadly neglected my blog AND visiting all of my favorite blogs as well!!  I have had all the best intentions though and have lots to share!  Sadly, all my best laid plans do not amount to much when the dreaded "computer issues" strike, and we have had our share in recent days!!!  Frustrating indeed!!  Happily though, things have been mended, and we are back on track!!  I have been doing some "de-stashing," as well as creating, and have some new albums ready to view on my Picture Trail, if you would care to stop by for a visit!  There are new creations in my new Autumn Album and my MakeDo's Album, as well as what I call, "Attic Finds," things I have decided to let go of and pass on to you!  I will be adding to this album on a regular basis, so please do keep checking back!! 

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you who faithfully follow my simple blog, who stop in for a visit now and again, and who leave a sweet word or two!! I am truly grateful!!  Never underestimate the power of a kind word!!   I also want to welcome those of you who have newly joined in and thank you as well!!  It always brings my heart such joy to see your interest!!!  Hopefully, I will get back on track and begin posting again on a regular basis!!  

In the meantime, I hope that wherever you are, you are enjoying this most lovely time of year and perhaps savoring some apple cider and a donut or two!!
 Hmm, sounds like the makings of a party to me.....!

Wishing you October Joys~~

Julie

  

10 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Good Day Dear Julie....so nice to hear from you.....missed you but know how busy one can get........looks like so many wonderful treasures.......will take a look see on the picture trail......Blessings Francine.

Paula said...

Hello dear Julie, I love all of your beautiful autumnal creations! You are a very talented artist! I am glad your computer is behaving itself! I look forward to visiting your picture trail. I agree, we should never underestimate the power of a kind word! It makes all the difference in one's life! It is so nice to "meet" you and I look forward to many more visits. Your blog is lovely and so are you! I hope you are enjoying beautiful autumn days filled with yummy things too! Wishing you October Joys as well! Many blessings, Paula

PS~ The wedding was beautiful! I am so happy for your daughter! She was a gorgeous bride! I loved the photo of the two of you. You are both beautiful! xo

BumbleBeeLane said...

Yes the holiday season is approaching so fast.Busy busy.Good to hear from you.Off to look at your picturetrail.Warm Blessings!~Amy

The Moonlit Stitch said...

Love your creations! ~*~Lisa

Cheyenne said...

Julie, you comment about a kind word, but seriously, you are probably one of the deareset ladies out there!!

I love the poem that you included at the top!

Oh, how I wish that someday we might drink cider & eat doughnuts together---it does sound like the making of a party. Unfortunately in my land, we are already knee deep in snow, and eating doughnuts with mittens on could be a sticky mess! :)

I'm looking forward to seeing more from you----winter 'tis the season to hunker down and hopefully spend some time sewing!

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hi Julie,
So happy to hear from you...glad you are up and running again. Your Fall goodies are so prim and wonderful...love the witch! This is such a busy time of year, it seems to fly by...this year I am determined to put the brakes on early and enjoy a bit of the season.
Have a wonderful weekend, my sweet friend,
Robyn

~Sara said...

Glad to hear from you. This is such a busy time of year. It will only get busier from her on out. One day at time. We need to stop and savor this wonderful season.Going to check out your picture trail. Blessings~Sara

The Humble Stitcher said...

Hi Julie! Your autumn creations are wonderful (as always!)...I especially love those sweet kitties and birds! Hope everything is going well for you and yours as we head into this busy holiday season. The photos from your daughter's wedding were just lovely...thanks so much for sharing them!
Hugs to you :)
Sandy

HomeSpunPrims said...

So wonderful to see your post Julie! We've missed you. Love all of your Harvest Friends!! You do the BEST work. I am really enjoying my pumpkins. I think of you whenever I look at them. Have a wonderful day my friend. Hugs, Lori

Penelope's Beehive said...

Dear Julie ~
I seems as though I have swooped in to your October party a bit late. Although, upon my arrival, I am delighted by your Harvest Friends! My goodness, such a festive and joyful display...thank you for sharing such wonderful creations from your enchanted needle and thread!
Wishing you a day filled with joy my friend.
Sending hugs...
Judy xx