Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Monday, October 29, 2012

~Berry Strings and Scissor Fobs~


I have had so many unfinished projects next to my sewing chair and decided to actually FINISH them!!!  They are finally done and I thought I would share them with you!  Here are some new Berry Strings and some new Scissor Fobs!  "Scissor WHAT," you may ask?  A simple definition would be, "a small ornament or adornment, attached to a pair of scissors, to keep them from being lost!"  They could be little square pillow pincushions, strings of beads, old buttons, or in this case, velvet strawberries!  Since I already had these stitched up and stuffed, they were my choice!!!   All the berries are from a wonderful pattern by the very talented Stacy Nash, and I have so enjoyed making them!!

Each strawberry (for the Fob) has a piece of old cording, firmly stitched in place, with enough length for the strawberry to slip though and be strung on a pair of scissors.  Since I did not have enough little scissors lying around, I decided to raid my old keys stash and attached each "fob" to a key.  You can just unhook the berry and then add it to your favorite pair of stitching scissors, to not only keep track of, but you can even add a stray needle or a pin to keep handy!  If you decide to keep the key attached, this makes the sweetest little ornament for your tree, a cupboard knob or a hook!  Or, just remove the key, tie some ribbon or homespun to it and you have a new necklace for a special dolly!!  Or.......you decide!!!  Old keys have endless possibilities!!! 

Both the Berry Strings and Scissor Fobs have been added to my Picture Trail, and if you have a moment, I would so love to have you stop by!!  As always, I so appreciate the sweet comments and visits!!  Anyone who blogs will tell you that is the greatest gift to receive and makes blogging so rewarding!! 

As I close this post, I am reminded of the terrible weather the East Coast and other parts of the country are experiencing as a result of "Sandy" and my thoughts and prayers go out to all of those in harm's way!! Please stay safe, dear friends!!

Wishing you warmth and shelter~~

Julie

7 comments:

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Julie ~ I so love your strawberry fobs ~ the velvet adds such a wonderful touch.

I've been watching the news of this horrific storm ~ so sad.
Prayers and thoughts going out to all in harms way ~ May they be safe.
Prim Blessings
Robin

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hi Julie...your strawberry fobs are so sweet! Red velvet...can't get much better than that!

We have so many family members and friends in the path of this horrendous storm...so many in our thoughts and prayers.

Have a great day, my friend,
Robyn

Cheyenne said...

Yes, we do need to keep those folks's in our prayers-and I think you hit the nail on the head in wishing warmth and shelter.

You are so talented, Julie, such beautiful creations. I always love that everything just looks so cozy!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Beautiful berries Julie! I love each one.

We are also praying for the safe keeping of all those affected by the storm. Hugs, Lori

Primitive Stars said...

Good Day Julie......sweet berry fobs......love them so.....wonderful work once again.....My heart goes out to all those poor people in the terrible storm.....Blessings Francine.

Danice said...

How pretty. 'Something I would have never thought of. Thanks for sharing with us :)

Penelope's Beehive said...

LOVELY fobs Julie! A strawberry is always a fine way to remember a juicy harvest of early summertime, and a key is forever tied to heartstrings of a primitive sort.
I shall "visit" with you soon...and thank you ever so kindly for your friendly, heartfelt messages.
With hugs of love and friendship,
Judy x