Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

~ "IT'S THE BERRIES" ~

Strawberries, to be exact!!  I finally got some of them finished and wanted to share them with you.  Here is a close up of a set of them I have called BERRY STRINGS.


I just loved making these and used a wonderful pattern by Stacy Nash. I was originally going to make some scissors fobs and still plan to, but decided to create something a bit different, along the order of the Heartstrings I make.  I took a large berry and a medium berry and made them into a hanger!  Here they are on a sweet little dress.


I looked everywhere for some kind of cord and finally decided to make my own!!  I used some brown embroidery floss and after much twisting, I have lots of nice cording for the perfect hangers.  I stitched them securely to the top of each berry and then tied a knot for a loop, allowing you to hang it on a hook, nail, small cupboard knob or on a hanger like I have shown.  Or you can also display it as I have done, on a piece of old fabric, surrounded by your sewing treasures!  


I have added them to my Picture trail HERE and would love for you to stop by for a visit!

If you are a regular visitor to my blog, you have no doubt noticed a few changes too!  My very talented husband Jeff asked me a few days ago if I would like to do anything different  and when I said "yes", he got busy and gave my blog a whole new look!!!  I really love what he has done and so appreciate his talents in the technical area!!  I did help him with the styling of my new header, but he did all the rest....picture taking, uploading, downloading, tweaking, adjusting, and changing the background to coordinate everything!!  I would be LOST without his help and really admire all of you talented ladies out there who can do ALL of that, PLUS create!!  I wish I had all that talent, but am just happy I am married to someone who does!!!  I am still not used to it yet, as I had the other background for a long time, but just love the new look and I hope you do too!!!

Thank you again for taking the time to follow, stop by and leave your comments!!  I know that if you have a blog and are like me, you appreciate each and every comment and read each one..I'm grateful for the encouragement they bring!!  

Wishing you a lovely week, filled with lots of encouragement and perhaps even a bowl filled with some REAL STRAWBERRIES,  my friends~~

Julie 

9 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Hello Julie, love your strawberry hangers, oh so prim, great job!! Also really like the new and improved blog,looks wonderful,the header picture I just love to, good job to your Hubby. I would also like to change things up abit on my blog but not to sure how to go about it. Going to check the picture trail now, Sweet Blessings Francine.

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

I lover your handmade strawberries. Aren't they fun to make? Love the fabrics you chose too. Enjoy!
BTW... your hubs did a fab job!
Nan

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hi Julie,
Your new header is so sweet. How lucky you are to have a tech savvy fellow! I had a class at the Apple store this past weekend and they helped me put three photos on my header. When I got home and tried to do it myself I could not remember all the steps....one photo will have to do for me!
Your strawberries are so pretty...love all the reds!
Have a wonderful week,
Robyn

Angi at drakestone primitives country cabin said...

love the new look blog.. I too have fun making berries and often use up my much loved scraps..love them hanging on your sweet dress.. Angi

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Wonderful strawberries Julie!!!
Your Hubby did a wonderful job on sprucing up your blog!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Penelope's Beehive said...

Ooooh, I love, love, LOVE the strawberries! Truth be told, I do have a penchant for them you see...with a (large) collection of them atop a chest of drawers. You do such splendid work Julie! There is much enchantment tucked inside your needle and thread.
Your the new blog design, and header is wonderful! Bravo to your Mister on the technical aspect...he is a man of many talents.
Sending warm hugs from here...
Judy xo

Penny said...

Hi Julie!!
Hooray!! I am finally able to post here! I don't know what might have been the problem, but it seems to be working now.... maybe just restarting the computer was enough to right the issue....

Can't wait to receive my strawberries.... I love how they look with the little dress, and plan to do the same! I will let you know when I receive them...

Have a great evening!
Warmly, Penny

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Love your new look--- Mister did a wonderful job!!!!!

Your strawberries are wonderful and your workmanship is perfect as always! They look so adorable on the delightful antique dress!

XXX, Carolyn

MaryMaryQuiteContrary said...

Hi Julie! I'm new to your blog. I simply adore your strawberries and the way you age your items. Your blog is wonderful, lucky you having a hubby thats so sweet.
I got here from http://homespunprims.blogspot.com. Just love the dollhouse angel doll you made for Lori!
Mary Jo