Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

~ MOTHERS AND DAUGHTERS~


I finally finished up some sweet little Doll House Dolls in honor of Mother's Day and here is a set I made for myself, a daughter and a mother, proudly propped up in an old basket on my wall!!  The pattern is by that amazing Mother/Daughter duo, the Schneemans, and it could not be more perfect or more fitting as we celebrate this wonderful day!!  I just love them!!


Each time I look at them, they make me smile and when they are grouped together, they are simply delightful....like a group of sweet girlfriends, sharing special times and secrets that only they can understand!


These dolls have all made their way down to New England Saltbox and if you think one of them will make you smile, please send me an email!!  I know they would love to come home with you!!


I'm getting ready to leave for my visit with my mother and am really excited to be going, especially as this will be the first Mother's Day I have spent with her and my two sisters in years!!  What a perfect gift for all of us!!! 

May all of you have a  wonderful Mother's Day, celebrating or being celebrated, and remembering and giving honor to that woman who you will always call.....MOTHER!!

Wishing you a truly special day filled with love~~

Julie

16 comments:

TheRustyThimble said...

Love your dolls Julie
Have a lovely visit with your mom and sisters

Brenda

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Julie, love the dollies, so special. Enjoy your Mom`s Day with your Mom,and Sisters, I sure will. Blessings Francine.

Mugwump Woolies said...

Oh Julie your dollies are wonderful! I love "little" dolls...always have and always will.
I hope you, your sisters and your mother have a truly grand Mother's Day together. What a special Mother's Day it will be!
Have a wonderful and safe trip!
Big hug to you, my friend,
Robyn

Farmhouse prims said...

Happy MOther's Day, love your dolls. Could you please send me some info on them. thanks, Lecia123@verizon.net

alltheseboys said...

Beautiful dollies. I absolutely love them!

The Humble Stitcher said...

Oh Julie...you know I love your dolls and these are all just wonderful! I am going to put my little mother/daughter set in a very special place this year for Mother's Day...I just haven't decided where yet!
I hope you have a wonderful time visiting with your mom and sisters.
Be safe :)
Sandy

luverlie said...

the dolls are beautiful. I could find no patterns online when I did a search. Could you share where to get patterns?
this was my first visit to your blog and will be back often. Your pics are great! tfs
luverlie@gmail.com

A Primitive Homestead said...

The collection of dolls are prim perfect. Your work is wonderful. Enjoy your family gathering. Blessings!
Lara

BumbleBeeLane said...

Such pretty ladies! Enjoy your visit.Warm Blessings!~Amy

annie said...

i love all those pretty little ladies!

~Sara said...

Such sweet dolls. How cute are they all together??!! Sure hope that you have a good time with mom and sisters for Mother's Day.What fun you should have. Blessings ~Sara

Cheyenne said...

Julie,

You again, floor me with your talent! I absolutely love these-probably one of my favorite things you have made. They are so precious...especially in what they represent.

Have such a great time with your family-I'm enthused you're able to go.

Rabbit Hill Primitives said...

Hi Julie!....your dolls are lovely and so sweet. I love seeing them all grouped together also....just like a bunch of girls hanging out :) ~ that's what we do!

Lydia and I wanted to thank you for your kind comments on her blog. I've been away from the computer for a while so this is a little late. She enjoyed every comment she received. It was a pleasure. Thanks for being so kind always.

Wishing you a wonderful day and week ahead.

Warm hugs ~ Jenn

By Thy Hands Tinkerings said...

Sucha sweet grouping!!! Love them all together like that.

Tammy

Christine Crocker said...

what sweet little dolls,Julie~ I love them! Especially your very own dollies that you kept, they have such endearing little faces.

Penelope's Beehive said...

It seems that I am ever so tardy with my visit to your lovely corner of the world. But alas, what do I spy upon my return...a delightful gathering of dollies! They all look rather fine together surely. You have sprinkled your magic upon the stitches once again Julie!
With fond hugs,
Judy xo