Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Monday, April 30, 2012

~ THE REVEAL~


After hours of stuffing, stitching, and poking myself NUMEROUS TIMES (now I LITERALLY know how a pincushion must feel!) I am finally done with my new MAKE DO PINCUSHIONS!!!  What do you think??


They were really fun to create though I must admit the stabbing part is not my favorite thing to do!  It seemed like I just kept poking myself this week and my poor fingers were really sore!  Speaking of sore, it was also a bad week at the dentist!  A simple filling turned into a very painful root canal.....my very first one, and hopefully, my last, and I still have to go back to finish it up on Friday, but at least all that terrible pain is gone!!!  I have come to the conclusion that though I love pincushions dearly, I certainly DON'T want to be one!!!


My new pincushions will be added to my Picture Trail shortly and I hope you will stop by for a visit to see them "up close and personal!"  With Mother's Day just around the corner, they might be just what you are looking for!!


And speaking of Mother's Day, I am actually going to be able to be with my mother this year!!  Since we live so far away from each other (WA and NC), I don't get to visit as often as I would like to!  She recently had surgery and is recuperating at home, so I am flying there next Tuesday to spend some time with her!!  I would so appreciate your prayers for her continued healing and look forward to being with her and my two sisters!!  My husband and daughter will miss me, but we will celebrate when I get back....you can be sure of that!!!!

Thank you all so much for your sweet comments and encouraging emails to me, and for all of you that take an interest in what I do!!  It means more than you know, truly!!  Also, a big WELCOME to all of you who are new to my blog!! Thank you for joining!!

May each of you have a lovely week, filled with  bright sunshine, gentle breezes and warm hugs~~

Julie

 

10 comments:

Gayle said...

Julie - Your new pincushions are delightful, though I'm sorry you got pricked and poked so often making them up! LOL

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hi Julie,
Your pincushions are wonderful! The color combos and all the little details are so sweet. Sorry your fingers...and tooth..are hurting...hope you're on the mend.
Have a great time in N.C....that is quite a trip! Know you will enjoy being with your mother and sisters...sounds like lots of girl talk and catching up will be in order.
Have a great week,
Robyn

HomeSpunPrims said...

Hi Julie~
Your pin cushions are wonderful as all off your pieces are! I hope you sell them all so people can see in person just how perfect your work truly is.

Sorry to hear of your dentil issues. I'm glad it's almost behind you.

I pray your mom has a good recovery and you have safe travels. Enjoy your time with your mom and sisters. I'll be thinking of you. Big hugs, Lori

Nan ~ Threadwork Primitives said...

Boy, they are all so pretty. Sit back and enjoy them. I'm sure they won't last long. Hope your fingers feel better soon and enjoy your trip.
I'm sure seeing you and your sisters will help your mom recoop much faster.

~Sara said...

simply adorable!!

Penelope's Beehive said...

Dear Julie...the pincushions are absolutely delightful! They are sewing room treasures indeed!
Sorry to hear of your sore fingers, and horrid dental experience...the worst is over surely.
Wishing you a lovely visit with your Mum and sisters. I do hope that you dear Mother is feeling much improved. May warm and healing thoughts accompany you on your journey...and I wish you a HAPPY Mother's Day!
Warmest hugs from my beehive...
Judy x

Primitive Stars said...

Hi Julie, hope your fingers are feeling better,ooch!! Your pincushins are so beautiful, your work is so amazing. I`m so happy your spending Mom`s day with your Mom, thats wonderful,enjoy. Will pop in to view your picturetrail soon, Blessings Francine.

annie said...

They are wonderful, I love the details. Hope you & your precious Mom continue to heal quickly!
God speed!

The Humble Stitcher said...

I love your new pincushions, Julie...they are beautiful! Sorry to hear about your root canal. I've had two and know first hand that they aren't very fun :(
Enjoy your visit with your Mom...I hope she gets better soon.
Hugs,
Sandy

MoonBeam said...

Love the pincushions. Will have to remember to check back here when I'm in an autumn mood.