Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Thursday, March 1, 2012

~ IT'S MY PARTY ~



Yes, it's Birthday time again so this week I took a trip down memory lane and unearthed some old photos!  Can this little girl REALLY BE ME??  Or who I was so very long ago??  I wonder what I was looking for in my cup??  Actually, I believe from the date on the photo that this was my older sister's birthday,  but the attention definitely seems to be on me!!  I can just imagine myself thinking, "It's MY party, so where is my chocolate cake, please?"

Here is another picture.....


It still looks like I did not get my cake yet!!!  My sweet husband said I was probably crying because I wanted more fabric, or wanted to go to Value Village or an antique shop!!  He knows me SO WELL!!!  In truth, I was crying because I wanted my mother, who happens to be taking the picture!!  Come to think of it, I still feel that way sometimes!!  Anyway, as the old song goes......"It's My party and I'll cry if I want to...."


This photo seems to be more like what I would picture myself looking like at my birthday party!  I'm all dressed up in my Sunday best and so excited for what is in store!  Not much different today, except I have given up posing and puffy dresses!!


This is my husband's favorite picture of me!  The sun is shining, the day is full of secret surprises and I am ready to meet them, sitting on my trusty tricycle!! 

Tomorrow I will celebrate my special day!!  After all, it only comes around once a year and what's not to love about it?  I get to be treated to special meals, and given gifts...royal treatment fit for a queen, surely!!  This time it really IS MY PARTY, and guess what??  I'm getting CHOCOLATE CAKE!!! 

Wishing you a day filled with special memories~~

Julie


20 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Adorable pictures of the birthday girl!

Have a great day tomorrow and Happy Birthday!

Hug's Carolyn

Mugwump Woolies said...

Julie,
Such sweet photos! Hope you have a very Happy Birthday and eat lots of chocolate cake...sounds perfect to me!
Big birthday hug for the birthday girl,
Robyn

wickedfaerie said...

That is so funny, I was just on the computer looking for the Birthday Cake I had when I was a teenager and loved (my birthday is in April)

Happy, Happy, Birthday and enjoy your cake (EAT IT ALL!)

BEST WISHES
SUE

HomeSpunPrims said...

Happy, happy birthday blessings to my dear friend Julie! Love all the pics of you when little! Where did the years go?! And why do they go faster the older we get??? Wishing you a wonderful birthday filled with all that makes you smile my friend. Love and hugs, Lori

Sweet Sue said...

Happy Birthday, enjoy! Great pics:)

A Primitive Homestead said...

Happy Birthday & Blessings!
Lara

BumbleBeeLane said...

Happy Birthday! Hope your day is filled with Joy & Blessings!~Amy

Penny said...

Enjoy your special day tomorrow!
Cute pics of the birthday girl....

Beckyjean said...

Have a Happy Birthday & enjoy that chocolate cake!! Love the pics!!

Becky

Joanne said...

Love the pictures! How sweet! Have a wonderful Happy Birthday - the bestest ever!

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

Julie,
Wishing you a wonderful Birthday filled with love, adventure...and CAKE!
Blessings to you, friend,
Rhonda

Dr. Jeff Zakrzewski said...

Jules, that sweet little beauty queen still exists today in the form of a kind, caring, and talented woman. I am so glad that special lady rides her tricycle alongside me in life!

I promise to create a new chocolate cake memory for you today. Put the tears away because the birthday celebration has just begun...I will place a smiley box on my head and party in the house all weekend!

Love forever!

Jeff

old crow said...

Julie, hope you have a wonderful day!! Enjoy your sweet time with your hubby!! Chocolate cake sounds like a fantastic plan!!

Hugs to you!
Mona

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Happy Birthday Julie! I hope it's Grand!!! Mm, chocolate cake :) I think you should have more than one piece! Enjoy your day and remember it's ALL yours !

Penelope's Beehive said...

~singing~
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dearest Julie,
Happy Birthday to you!

May your birthday filled with joy and all things bright and beautiful sweet friend!

Warm hugs from our beehive,
Judy & the Mister xxooxx

The Humble Stitcher said...

Happy Birthday, Julie! I hope you have a wonderful day today celebrating with those you love :)
Birthday Hugs,
Sandy
P.S. Eat a piece of chocolate cake for me...it's my favorite!

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Dear Julie:
Happy Birthday! I hope your special day was everything you wanted it to be.
Hugs,
Susan

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Dear Friends,
Thank you all so much for sweet Birthday wishes!! I had a LOVERLY DAY, and even got my CHOCOLATE CAKE!! I just wish I could have shared it with you but I certainly enjoyed it!!!
It meant so much that you took the time out of your busy day to wish me a Happy Birthday!! Your kindness touched my heart and made the day extra special!
Big Hugs and Thanks~~
Julie

Patty ♣ said...

Julie! ♪♫ Happy Belated Birthday!!!♪♫
I am hoping that your special day was fun and exciting! Just lovely! Wishing you a wonderful whole year!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh dear - running so frightfully behind here and playing some catch-up. Wishing you woefully belated birthday wishes.....Sounds like it was a special day for you. I love your sweet photos - what a darling little mop of hair you had - and love your pouty faces!!! Smiles & Oh-so-late Birthday Hugs ~ Robin