Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

~WINTER WHITE~


Winter certainly made it's presence known today here in Sumner, WA, the small town where I live!  This is the view that greeted me from my front door!!  Isn't it lovely?!!!


Just yesterday we did not even have a whisper of snow anywhere, although there was much in all the surrounding areas!!  The meteorologists were all calling for record snowfall,  and everyone was preparing for it, but somehow my area was getting bypassed.......till this morning!!! 

The view from my bedroom.....so beautiful!!


A large bush in front of my town home......dressed in a lovely winter white cloak!


All is calm, all is bright!!  It is silent and still!



I had actually planned to do an update on my "hearts" but will do that in a day or two so I can finish up some final items!!  Due to my work schedule lately I have been so busy that all of my handwork had to be put on "hold" for a time!!  For now, I will certainly enjoy the day, happily sewing away in my stitching chair, snug and warm with needle and thread in hand!!  Glorious thought indeed!!  I hope wherever you are, that you too will be safe and warm, enjoying each moment, doing what you love!!

Thank you so much for your visits, for following along, for your kind comments and sweet emails and for just being you!!  My heart is indeed grateful and I am blessed by each one of you!!

Wishing you all a wonderful day, filled with "Winter White" and creative delights~~

Julie


10 comments:

The Humble Stitcher said...

It's all so beautiful, Julie! Enjoy your day of stitching :)
Sandy

Sheila said...

A fresh fallen snow is beautiful!
They keep saying we are do for a big storm here in my corner of Idaho but all it's done today is a skiff and has blown it all around! Winds are horrible and it's cold.

Stay warm and enjoy the view from within~
Sheila
seasonsofthyheart.blogspot.com

HomeSpunPrims said...

Nothing like a fresh snowfall to make everything clean and pristine looking. Your pictures are so pretty Julie. Enjoy your snowfall and time stitching. Can't wait to see your finished handmades! Hugs, Lori

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

It's always so still and silent during a snowfall. It's amazing. Enjoy your week.
Hugs,
Susan

Orange Sink said...

Julie,
Your winter wonderland is really beautiful! We have the frigid cold here now..... 10 below zero tonight! The wood stove is going full blast here! LOL!
Can't wait to see your creations!
Stay warm and happy!
Hugs!
Cathy G

old crow said...

Hey Julie, Hope you had a lovely day of stitching!! Thanks for sending this over, hope it works!!
Hugs, Mona

Penelope's Beehive said...

Dearest Julie ~
I am delighted to know that you are warm, snugly, and taking joy in the day. The thought of quietly stitching whilst the snowflakes fly ever so softly out-of-doors is glorious indeed!
Wishing you a day most fine ...
Warmest hugs,
Judy xo

Mugwump Woolies said...

Hi Julie,
Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos...I really miss seeing a beautiful snowfall! Hope you are staying warm and enjoy your stitching time.
Can't wait to see those "red" hearts!
Robyn

Joanne said...

Love your snow photo's - I heard WA was getting snow and thought of you! Glad you are all snug as a bug and doing what you love! Hugs my friend.

Patty ♣ said...

Down here we are waiting on rain...I HOPE we do get lots of light rain- cause we sure need it! Your snow looks beautiful!! I am picturing you happy, stitching away in your cozy, warm home..Stay warm and safe! Blessings ~