Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

*Christmas Ornaments - Old & New*


My tree has lots of ornaments that I have collected over the years….many of them handmade, and I would like to share a few with you!


A primitive Santa I made using a Sweetpeas Primitives pattern! Love his expression!!


A small snowman, all hand stitched, from batting and red wool! I made so many of these, but only have one left!!


A primitive pear I made using a Walnut Ridge Primitives pattern! I added the little piece of linen and hand stitched the date to add an extra primitive touch!


A snowball head ornament, with a pine crown, a pod nose and allspice eyes and mouth!


Gingerbread man with his banner and candy canes from a wonderful pattern by Jackie Schmidt! He also carries some sweet annie, which I am now EXTREMELY allergic to!! So sad, as I really did love the smell! Jeff has to hang this one or I start a sneezing sonata!!!


Perhaps the oldest one on the tree was made by a little boy in the 3rd grade! He painted it a bright yellow, with little lines of glitter to mimic a real light bulb! That little boy happens to be my husband Jeff, and he still can’t believe he has had it this long…..he said it turned 50 this year, and it is hung among all the other handmade ornaments that decorate our simple tree, adding to the other ornaments and memories that go along with each one!

This year I have 3 new ornaments to add to my handmade collection, and two of them are from my good friend Lori of Homespun prims! When I saw these, I just knew I wanted to order them and am so very happy I was able to!


The first one is a sweet lady she made from an old cookie cutter!! I just love her face and her tiny little homespun apron, don’t you?? She is simply perfect and hangs on my little feather tree!


The second one is also patterned after an old cookie cutter, a horse, and is just wonderful!! I love how she hand stitched the date on the front of him, and he also hangs on the feather tree! I think they really seem more special that way and really fit well with my display of old cookie cutters too!!


My last new ornament is an angel that I made using a Schneeman pattern! I just love this little doll and decided she would be perfect as an angel with her own set of wings and a bell at her waist!! After all, "every time a bell rings an angel gets its wings."


It is hard to believe that there are only a few more days left till we will be celebrating this most wonderful and Blessed time of year, and I hope all of you have your trees trimmed with ornaments, old and new, your stockings hung, and a hope and prayer in your hearts as we join in this beloved carol….

HARK THE HAROLD ANGELS SING, GLORY TO THE NEW BORN KING!!


With HOPE and JOY~~


Julie



15 comments:

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Julie, I love your new and old ornaments!!!! They are wonderful.
It is hard to believe that it is Jesus's Birthday Sunday morning.
Christmas really went by fast.

Christmas Blessings to your family from my family,
Tricia

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Hi Julie,
Absolutely love all your ornies!
Hugs,
Tam

Penelope's Beehive said...

Dear Julie ~
Such lovely handmade ornaments, with so many cherished memories! Thank you for sharing your warm and cozy home...I do enjoy visiting with you across the miles.
Wishing you and your family a holiday season overflowing with beauty and special blessings.
With fond hugs,
Judy & my "Mister"

annie said...

Wonderful, Julie!

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

What a beautiful post, Julie. The ornies are wonderful and your words were, too.
Merry Christmas,
Susan

jennifer768 said...

Julie love your ornies!Such a great post,the old and the new each one a treasure in it's own way.Merry Christmas to you and yours,Jen

Pamela@ Our Pioneer Homestead said...

Oh those ornaments are adorable!!! They're great!!

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Beautiful ornies!!!
My favorite is the precious light bulb ornament!!!
Merry Christmas to You and Yours!!!
Prim Blessings
Robin

TheCrankyCrow said...

Beautiful ornaments, Julie - and they're clearly shine with the love you have for them. Your newest additions are amazing - love Lori's work - and missed out on these (hmmmm....could it be you beat me to her Picturetrail update???) ;o) And your angel is positively angelic. I think you could work for the Schneemans! Love Jeff's ornament too - what a special treasure....Wishing you the joy and light of the season....Merry Christmas my friend....Robin

Joanne said...

Oh Julie - your old and new ornaments are all beautiful and special - each one! You do such a beautiful job and so does Lori! Thanks for sharing these! Merry Christmas to you and Jeff and your family! joanne

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Julie, your ornaments are just wonderful. What a joy it must be to sit and just look at them at this time of the year. How sweet to still have your husbands when he was little! Merry Christmas to you and your family :)

Green Creek Primitives said...

Hi Julie, Just love the santa head and the snowball head ornaments, very neat. But I have to say my favorite is the little lady made from a cookie cutter pattern, just sweet. Thanks for dropping by my blog and visiting with me today. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas. Vicky

HomeSpunPrims said...

Julie,
All of your hand-made ornies are so special. And the one Jeff made when a boy..... ultra special! I am honored you have my humble ornies in your beautiful home. Thank you my friend. Wishing you and Jeff a most blessed Christmas. Big Hugs, Lori

marijke's crea said...

Have a merry Christmas and a healthy and creative 2012!
groetjes Marijke

Karen said...

Your prim style ornaments are so very good! I gave all my Christmas decorations away several years ago. I finally got an alpine tree last year to replace what I gave away but need to make ornaments for it. Yours are very inspiring.