Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Monday, October 24, 2011

~ SWAPPING WITH A FRIEND ~


My sweet friend Lori Rippey (of HomespunPrims by Lori) and I recently participated in a swap together and here is what she sent me!!


Isn’t it absolutely wonderful??? She knows I love to make birds and this fits in perfectly with my collection! I have an old chicken cage and in true “MAKE DO” fashion, I have created a display cupboard of sorts, complete with a little door that was just the perfect spot for my new rug!! The reds in the rug really “pop” when combined with the red of the game board!


Here is another view of more of my “cupboard” As you can see, I took an old black bench for some added height, and more display options, and used some wonderful red shutters to help cover up all that white wall! I live in a townhouse and am not allowed to paint, so this was my answer to that problem!!!


My base is an old scrub top table that I just love and again, has that wonderful red….can you tell that is one of my favorite colors?? This is in my entry way as you come in the front door and I pass it each time I go up and down the stairs! I just LOVE how the rug looks with it and seems like it has been there forever!!


Lori has become a very special friend to me and not only is she an Amazing Artist, but her kindness and generous spirit touches all who meet her! If you are friends with Lori, that is something you already know, and if you have not met her yet, please be sure and stop by her blog to meet her! You will be so happy you did!! She has some wonderful items on her picture trail and also does updates that you will not want to miss!!


Thank you dear Lori, for being such a blessing to me, for being a Kindred Spirit, and for your lovely gift, that I will treasure Always!!!


With a Thankful Heart~~

Julie

13 comments:

Shirlee said...

It's beautiful! And your displays are beautiful as well! Blessings, Shirlee

Cheyenne said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING...love how it`s all put together!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Oh Julie I just love the display! You are so creative at putting things together!! I so enjoyed doing a swap with you my friend. I will treasure my pumpkins and think of you when I look at them. Thank you for your kind words and links to my sites. You are a sweet spirit and I'm blessed to call you my friend. Big hugs, Lori

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh I love your little Lori rug....so sweet - and perfect in your perfectly wonderful display. It's kind of like magic when two amazingly gifted and sighted folk like you and Lori connect - I love her work as I love yours....powerful combination (and so loved the pumpkins you sent her!!) Have a blessed week ahead! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

annie said...

Julie, wow that's some stack! I think your display is wonderful, I have been fussing with some of my things. I don't want holes in my walls right now, I'm thinking now i could use your idea. It sure does look good, I love the different textures, and the red! Thanks for sharing this, love your chick!

Penelope's Beehive said...

Oh dearie me...such a LOVELY treasure! You know how much I fancy birdies! The way in which you create your displays is absolutely splendid!

Warm hugs...
Judy ox

Patty ♣ said...

Julie, I have run to the door twice, since I got home from school, thinking that the mail or UPS persons were bringing me my wonderful pumpkin!..... Only to be sad when I see they aren't coming to my door...woe is me...I am so excited to have it arrive!!!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Patty,
I know how very disappointing it can be to want something to get here and it just does not seem to come!!! I promise it is really on the way and am so happy that you are so excited!! I think when you see the mail truck tomorrow, they will be looking for a smiling.....YOU!!!

Patty ♣ said...

I LOVE my pumpkin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was waiting for me when I arrived home from school!! It is WONDERFUL!
Sent you an email.

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

I love your cupboard! All your things are beautiful. So happy to be a new follower!

Christine LeFever said...

Making do is my very favorite form of decorating. The ingeniousness of that little cupboard fills my heart with delight.

Rabbit Hill Primitives said...

Hi Julie,
I love how you displayed your sweet rug. I really love all the little birds. It's a beautiful piece....lucky you!!

Wishing you a happy week ahead!
Hugs ~ Jenn

imsteelefullofscrap said...

I just found your blog and love it where can I sign up to receive emails when you post something new???