Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Monday, October 10, 2011

FROM CHAOS TO A CHORUS LINE!!!


This is the time of year when I seem to be at my creative best AND worst, due to the fact that I am the busiest! I am constantly inspired to create something new (my best) but in the process, I seem to leave CHAOS everywhere (my worst) a little pile here, a bigger pile there, piles and clutter EVERYWHERE!! Does this ring true for anyone else?? I’m sure I am not the only one who belongs to the CHAOS and CLUTTER Group!!

So what did all those piles of clutter become??

Let me introduce you to my “Chorus Line!”


I call them “Oil Can Cats” and “Kitties” and the inspiration for these came from a lovely pattern by Lori Brechlin that I have had for a long time, and from my collection of old oil cans that I have been collecting for just such a project! I love makedos as you know, and these cats and kitties just seemed to be perfect to mount to these old oil cans! I took them all down to New England Saltbox and have already sold several of them. They have also been added to my picture trail and will be the only ones I have as I ran out of oil cans for now! I hope you like them!! They just make me smile with their sweet expressions and I want to thank Lori for her wonderful pattern!

Another pile produced this…


A “SHOE MOUSE” from a sweet pattern by Pam Gracia that I have had so much fun with! This shoe was actually shown in an earlier post where I mentioned I might use it to put a mouse in! He has been adopted and is now living in his new home in Canada! I really hated to part with him but I have another shoe left so have plans to make another one soon!!

Yet another pile yielded these…..


I call this one “SUGAR BOWL MOUSE” and he lives in an old vintage sugar bowl, nestled in a bed of real flax, with his own acorn! He is actually going to share it with a hungry squirrel! Notice his long curly tail!


His brother is “CREAMER MOUSE” and guess what he lives in??? It is an old vintage creamer and he too has his own nest of flax, and also holds an acorn, but wants to trade it for some cheese!! Both of these were made using a sweet Kentucky Primitives pattern and one has stitched eyes while the others are glass beads, making them each unique!

I have really had fun creating these little characters from my hands and heart and ALL THOSE PILES of CHAOS and CLUTTER, and hope you have had fun seeing them!! If anyone is interested in joining the CHAOS AND CLUTTER Group that I mentioned earlier, it is open to ANYONE and once you join, it is a LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP!! The only requirement is…..ALWAYS HAVE FUN!!!

Wishing you…..CREATIVE CLUTTER~~

Julie



13 comments:

Penelope's Beehive said...

Upon my word...you HAVE been busy my friend! Love, love, LOVE each of your creations! And to think, felines and mousies living happily side-by-side. Delightful!

Happy stitches to you Julie!

Gentle hugs,
Judy

BumbleBeeLane said...

Love those kitties! Great job on everything!Warm Blessings!~Amy

Joanne said...

Oh my goodness - you have been busy creating some wonderful wonderful items - just love those oil can kitties - so cool! Off to check out your picturetrail! joanne

Cheyenne said...

Oh, you are so great. Love it all! You must have been so busy. I'm so happy that you share it on here.

Wishing you much happiness today, friend! :)

annie said...

Wow! Great little critters! Esp. love the way you paired them to other things!

TheCrankyCrow said...

Oh Julie....just wonderful new creations...each one as cute as the next....You truly touch my primitive heart....But ahhh...those kitties...Are they all gone already? I checked your Picturetrail (or thought I did...) and am not seeing any..... :o( Wishing you a week filled with blessings....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Hi, Julie, playing cat and mouse with us? heehee
Did you see the idea for oil can picture holders?
It's really cool, and takes about 5 minutes.
I'm an old mousie woman so I LOVE those mice.
Such cute little things, lovely work.
Warm Regards,
Susan

jennifer768 said...

Love the oil can kitties!Great job on everything.Hugs,Jen

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Wonderful job Julie! Everything looks so great! Busy, busy hands you have had :)

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thanks so much everyone for your very sweet comments!! I have had such fun turning all of those piles of CHAOS into unique treasures and am so glad you are enjoying seeing them as much as I have enjoyed making them!! Now to just try to enjoy cleaning up the rest of the mess!!
Blessings and Thanks~~
Julie

janelle said...

I love you Mom!

Heather said...

Your creations are just adorable! Love those kitties and their sweet little faces! They're all wonderful :D

Patty ♣ said...

Choose a wonderful small pumpkin for me! I am excited to add one of "yours" to my collection of neat, hand made pumpkins, that are out all year round! There are several things I would love that you have made!