Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Monday, August 8, 2011

~GROWING PUMPKINS~



I am making slow but sure progress on my “Pumpkin Patch” mentioned in my previous post and I must emphasize the word SLOW!! I just thought I could put these guys together before you could say “Jack Robinson,” but it is actually taking a bit more time….. more like quoting a chapter from a book!! Gosh!! I always put so much pressure on myself to produce more quickly, but I get so lost in the process…..between the stuffing (needing just a bit more) to the hand stitching (wanting it to be “just so”) to the staining and distressing (it doesn’t look “old” enough) to hand lettering all the tags (do I REALLY want to hand letter all of these?)…..PHEW!! No wonder it takes me so long!!!!
 
But the JOY of the creative process is what drives me….the act of taking a piece of fabric and watching it “BECOME” never ceases to give me PLEASURE, and I love it from start to finish!! It just seems like sometimes the FINISH is a bit longer in coming!!! I guess we all have a certain SPEED and RHYTHYM that we march to, and so I will just enjoy the journey, even if it takes a bit longer to get there!!


So far I have completed (except for tags) 2 large and 2 small pumpkins and hope to keep SLOWLY adding more. Perhaps I will even surprise myself and get some down to New England Saltbox and listed on my picture trail soon!! I am hoping to eventually fill this big tool carrier with a nice grouping!


 Thanks for all your sweet comments about them and I know many who have checked out the pattern as well!! I hope you are all having as much fun creating them as I have and I would love to hear about your progress!!

I also wanted to remind you again about my Giveaway, which is about a week away now!! Be sure to leave a comment on the ORIGINAL POST in order to be entered!! I want to welcome all of you new followers/friends who have recently joined and just ask you to be sure to leave me a comment as well as an email to reach you!! I understand that several of you had a hard time signing in, and if you were unable to do that, please send me an email so I can enter you!!

Let me leave you with this beautiful quote I read recently:

 
WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN LIFE TO PURSURE,

OUR OWN KIND OF DREAM TO BE WEAVING.

AND WE ALL HAVE SOME POWER TO MAKE WISHES COME TRUE,

AS LONG AS WE KEEP BELIEVING. ~~ LOUISA MAY ALCOTT

 
With that said, I am going back to my Pumpkin Patch!!


Wishing you a full harvest of ……..whatever you are wishing for~~

Julie

12 comments:

HomeSpunPrims said...

They look so good in that tote Julie! And I so know what you mean about the different steps. I don't feel like I am fast enough most of the time but we need to enjoy the process so don't fret. As long as you are happy with how they turn out in the end it's all good. You take great pics too!

Beckyjean said...

Love your pumpkins Julie!! I have the pattern, but haven't attempted them yet. After seeing yours I'm ready to make some (if I can only find the pattern again).

Enjoy your week~Becky

Penelope's Beehive said...

The joy in creating, is savoring each and every moment of the process. By way of your photographs, you are clearly taking joy in your creativity...your "patch" is looking splendid! Wishing you many peaceful stitches.

Happy day to you my friend...

Gentle hugs,
Judy

WoolenSails said...

I love how they look in the carrier, great idea. I see a lot of those in our consignments.

Debbie

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Wow they are beautiful!!! Love the carrier!!

Thank you for sharing Louisa's quote very special.

Special blessing your way,

Carolyn :)

The Humble Stitcher said...

Those are absolutely wonderful pumpkins, Julie! I love the carrier, too...everything looks just perfect together:) I am also one that seems to take a long time to make something but isn't that the best part of creating anyway? I say take your time and have fun!

Love the Louisa May Alcott quote :)
Sandy

Susan said...

Julie, perfect pumpkins. I like the material colors and texture very much.
Warm Regards,
Susan B., Western MA

TheCrankyCrow said...

The sign of a true artisan....And such a wonderful patch it is becoming Julie!! You truly do such beautiful work - and it's the attention to the details that sets work like yours apart. I know am horrendously slow in my crafting as well...I guess I learned my lesson of "do everything to the best of your ability" well....because I do try awful hard - not sure, though, that it always shows in the finished product! Your display is going to be amazing....Wishing you a wonderful week of blessings....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin (And thank you so very much, Julie, for your kind comments, good thoughts and prayers for my mother's situation. You do not know how much they mean to me....)

Christine said...

Your pumpkins are turning out fabulous!!! I have that pattern.....you are inspiring me!
christine

old crow said...

Julie, the pumpkins are turning out lovely!! You always put so much work in what you do, but that is why they are so nice!! Looking forward to seeing these lovelies at the shop!! :)

Joanne said...

What a great patch of Pumpkins - and I know your handiwork - it's wonderful - Slow or fast - doesn't matter - its not an assembly line and it's from your hands! Take care!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Beautiful pumpkins, wonderful job!! And it really sounds in your post that you are truly enjoying making them. Even better :)