Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

~THOUGHTS OF FALL~


Our weather in the state of Washington has been extremely “un-summer like” and with temperatures today only reaching the mid to high 60’s, one can easily have thoughts of Fall “dancing in one’s head!” Such are my thoughts today, and so I find my table full of pumpkin shapes…..lots of them…..all waiting patiently to be transformed!!


Each wedge is traced out, hand cut, and stacked together in groups of 12....


... to be stitched in units of 2, and magically these units become an orb, (don’t you just love that word) that will be stuffed and stuffed and STUFFED, till it becomes………a Fabric Pumpkin!!


I love to make pumpkins and have enjoyed making them each fall, but this year, I saw a new pattern I just had to purchase and really am enjoying it!! It is by SweetMeadows Farms, and promises to be a new favorite of mine!!


 It has several different styles of pumpkins and offers lots of stem options!! I chose the small curled stem and love the whimsical look!!


 I highly recommend this pattern if you are looking for a different twist on an old favorite!! My thanks to Maureen for a fun and amazing pattern!!


I want to remind you as well to be sure to sign up for my Giveaway! Just go to the sidebar and click on the picture and it will take you to the post with all the info on how to enter. There are a lot of other wonderful Giveaways going on right now as well, so be sure to go check them out! I have several posted on my sidebar to make it easy! Just tell them I sent you!!

As you contemplate your day, and all that you want to accomplish, let me leave you with this sweet and simple thought………..

Each morning see some task begin,

Each evening sees it close;

Something attempted, something done,

Has earned a nights repose. ~ Longfellow (The Village Blacksmith).


Wishing you a most Sweet Repose, my friends~~

Julie

12 comments:

Green Creek Primitives said...

Hi Julie, Yes I love that pattern, I am in the process of starting on some of those pumpkins. Just love pumpkins, I saw that pattern last year and had to have it, love how they turn out. Yours turned out great. Vicky

Penny said...

Love these pumpkins -- Will you be selling them on your picturetrail? I'll be checking back from time to time to see if they're there!!
Have a great evening!

Heather said...

This pumpkin so so sweet! Where do you find patterns like that, if you dont mind my asking. I cant resist a good pumpkin :) Oh, and how did I miss the giveaway? going to enter now... :)

Penelope's Beehive said...

Oh Julie...I do LOVE your pumpkin patch! It seems a respite to ponder cooler weather whilst withering in mid-summer heat. Ahhhh, the lovely colours of Autumn to come...my needle is finding the way to an autumnal colour palette more swiftly with each passing day.

Wishing you a most restful evening!

Warm hugs,
Judy

HomeSpunPrims said...

LOVE your punkins Julie! They are perfect colors for my decor. Hmmm, guess you know what I'll be wanting in our swap?! lol That's a neat pattern. I don't have it. Happy punkin makin. I'm doing a needle punch mat with them right now.

Raspberry Lane Primitives said...

love your new whimsical pumpkins...I love that pattern too!
patti

Beckyjean said...

Hi Julie~

Love the pumpkins. I just ordered some of Maureen's patterns~love them. I am dreaming of cooler days. We're back to hot & humid after a little break.

Enjoy your day~Becky

Gayle said...

That IS a great pumpkin pattern? Are you using osnaberg? Kinda looks like it in the photo.

Joanne said...

Oh what wonderful prim pumpkins You sure have been busy! Wow can't believe your weather - we finally have a break from the extreme heat but it's still humid! Stay warm!

WoolenSails said...

Love your pumpkins and that style, you do such beautiful prim work. I tend to lean towards folk art when I create. Today I started a new long quilt piece to hang over my double doors. Slow going since my brain will be on hold for awhile;)

Debbie

Roberta said...

Absolutely awesome! I love your fabric choice and your beautiful hand stitching! I get Maureen's emails, but had overlooked this pattern. I love the way yours turned out. You're right, pumpkins always sell well and I have two shows coming up, so I appreciate the tip! ~Roberta

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Hi Julie,
LOVE the pumpkins!!
SMF patterns are some of my Favorites!
I dont have this one... Hurry up payday! :)
LOL!!

I'll take some cooler temps here in Southern IL. It has been around 100 or above here forever!
Hugs,
Tam