Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Monday, June 20, 2011

SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW!!!



I am always on the lookout for unique pieces to use for creating one of a kind pincushions and recently found some orphan candlesticks, some with a bit more wear than others, but all just perfect for what I needed! There is nothing that brings me more creative joy than to take something that has lost its former use, and turning it into something new, useful and special! I hope you think so too!!
Each pincushion has been created with different upholstery fabric, firmly attached to each candlestick with lots of stitching and is stuffed with both polyfil and crushed walnut shells to keep all those pins and needles sharp! The fabrics have all been distressed to create the look of age, and lots of old and vintage embellishments have been added as well!!


These have all been added to my picture trail, should you be interested in reading a more detailed description.

 

Thank you so much for stopping by today for a visit!! I am always so encouraged by your sweet comments and hope that you too are being inspired to create the things you love and that bring not only you but others much joy!!

Wishing you creative inspiration~~~

Julie



9 comments:

Susan said...

Very nice job, Julie. I have a pair of old pewter candlesticks and I think I'll make myself a pin-
cushion for my work table. I like the little scissors hanging on the pincushions.
Warm Regards,
Susan B.,Western MA

HomeSpunPrims said...

You create the most wonderful pieces Julie. Each one is so unique and special. They look great in your cupboard too!

Penelope's Beehive said...

Brilliant! You have such a clever eye and and most creative hand...the pincushions are absolutely delightful!

Warm hugs...
Judy

old crow said...

Julie, pincushions are lovely!! Ladies I have seen these, they are beautiful!!

annie said...

I love these, you do great work! Love the details!

Primsue said...

Julie, wonderful pincushions! I love that you used pewter candlesticks.
Blessings,
Sue

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Beautiful work Julie1 All your delightful pinchushions are so unique and using the pewter candlesticks just adds the vintage look that is lovely. Love the thought that you put in each one with the detail that is attached to each one of them.

:) Carolyn

jennifer768 said...

Those are wonderful ! Love them !Hugs,Jen

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Such wonderful pinkeeps...love how you used the candlesticks and added unique detail to each one.