Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A GIFT OF KINDNESS!!!


If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me. ~Author Unknown

The other day I received a wonderful gift!! It did not arrive by UPS, FED EX, or the USPS, even though I would certainly have welcomed anything from any of these wonderful organizations!! No, my gift came in the form of a kind comment, left by a sweet woman, who has since become a special friend! She gave me the gift of KINDNESS and FRIENDSHIP!! Let me introduce her to you!!



Her name is Carolyn Lee Hosier, and she lives in Des Moines Iowa! I first met Carolyn when she became a follower of my Blog, and in turn, I began following hers. Recently, she left a comment for me and for some reason, it really struck a cord with me so I in turn responded to her! What happened next truly astounded me! In my response to her, I shared with her that I had been feeling a bit down, (well, MORE than a bit, actually) and before I knew it, I even shared that I was considering closing my Blog! Not only did Carolyn respond back, almost immediately, but also shared how she would HATE to see me close my Blog AND that she would like to CALL ME!!! I was SO SURPRISED by this, I have to honestly say, I cried, plain and simple!! I can’t describe to you how very loved and cared for I felt by this gesture!! And true to her word, she DID Call!! She sounds EXACTLY like she looks, KIND, compassionate, loving and caring, and we chatted as if we had known each other for years!! She has a lovely Blog called Lee Prairie Designs, and I know she would love to have you stop by for a visit, just to say hello!!

http://leeprairiedesigns.blogspot.com/

Her call was such a blessing to me, and since then, she has emailed me several times, just checking in to see how I am doing and to offer encouragement!! Wow!! Talk about a wonderful gift!!! It reminds me of three things:

1. KINDNESS IS POWERFUL!!!

2. KINDNESS ISN’T EXPENSIVE!!

3. KINDNESS IS SO NEEDED!!

I want to THANK Carolyn from the bottom of my heart for her kindness to me, her caring heart, and her listening ear!! She gave me a wonderful gift that I will treasure!! I am so happy she reached out to me and hope that I can learn from her example and be that kind of a friend to someone…… “I’ll just be ME!”

Wishing you ….Special Friends~~

Julie

12 comments:

Tina's Primitive Attic said...

Thank you for sharing something so touching and encouraging! Have a great day! Hugs, Tina

Raspberry Hill Crafts said...

You have a great blog and you have many friends that follow. We don't always come face to face with our fellow bloggers, but they are friends. Friends who share similar interests, friends who prob have good days and bad, who are there on the good and the bad days. I started my blog not only in the hope of selling some items{when I finally get some done} but also to meet new people, to make new friends even if it is only thu short notes on blogs. Carolyn sounds like a truly wonderful person. Have a hug and a smile from me :-} Diane

HomeSpunPrims said...

You never know how you touch someone's life Julie and you have touched mine in a most special way. I would be sad to see you close your blog. The slightest kindness can mean so much and perhaps change someone's outlook completely. I'm glad for your new friend Carolyn and that she reached out to you. Hugs, Lori

deb said...

Isnt it amazing how blogs can just change everything!!!! You just dont know who you encourage out there..and today you have encouraged ME!!!!

A Primitive Homestead said...

I hope you continue to keep your blog & post. I have enjoyed the posts you have shared with us. Your creations are wonderful. Your new pillow is so prim perfect. Blessings!
Lara

Sharon said...

Isn't Carolyn a dear lady? Last year when I went to AQS in Des Moines, I got to meet her. We had been following each other's blogs, and decided to meet in person. Then she even invited my husband and I to stay with her...she truly is a sweetheart of a lady. Aren't we lucky to have friends like Carolyn?

Janice said...

Kindness is POWERFUL! I totally agree and sometimes its exactly what you need! I have met some wonderful people blogging and on forums and Etsy groups. It still amazes me how sweet people can be to perfect strangers and how much a stranger can impact us and our lives. I am glad someone took the time to be extra kind to you and I am glad they helped you in your time of need! You have made a true friend in Carolyn and that is a gift! =)
~Jan

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Oh my Julie---I was so surprised to open your post this morning and read what you wrote about our friendship! Thank you for your powerful, kind and sweet loving thoughts. You are a very special friend and I cherish our friendship.

I am pleased that you will continue to post on your beautiful and creative blog ---sharing your fun projects and lovely everyday thoughts of your life with your blogging friends. As you can see by your followers comments today that follow you and read your blog ---they share my thoughts about you in the same way ---I do!

May the sunshine every miniute of the day today and everyday for you and put a big smile on your face knowing how many special friends you have!

Big hugs, Carolyn

Penelope's Beehive said...

Such a true and gentle kindness! Thank you for sharing your joy with us Julie.

May each and every day greet you with sunshine and special blessings!

Warm hugs...Judy

Joanne said...

Oh Julie - thank you for sharing and I agree - you are a wonderful person and I would truly miss you if you weren't blogging! I consider you a wonderful friend though we never met - and all because of the blogs! What a wonderful woman Carolyn is - will look forward to reading her blog

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

I appreciate each and every one of you for your encouraging comments! All of us have those times when we just need a "helping hand" and I am so glad for yours!!! Wishing you all a Wonderful weekend and if you are a mom, a Very Happy Mother's Day filled with Blessings and Hugs!!

*Stitches* said...

gosh Julie...i just had the fortune of finding you in blogland and within visiting distance! please don't close your blog...i love it!

and yes....that Carolyn pops up on my blog with such kindness. i've never had the pleasure of meeting her personally...but i know she is very special.
to you Carolyn....thank you for encouraging Julie. Your are a dear person.