Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Friday, March 11, 2011

FORGET ME NOT!


WHERE, OH WHERE CAN SHE BE?

I know some of you have been wondering that about me lately and lest you think I have disappeared, I want to reassure you that I am still here, still blogging, and still creating!! I feel like I just posted for Valentine’s Day (can it REALLY be that long ago since I last posted???) and now here it is March 11th!!!! I am so glad that there are no rules for blogging…..and thank all of you for checking in and staying with me even though I have not posted for a while!! I have the BEST INTENTIONS but sadly my follow through has a lot to be desired it seems!!! I guess the old saying, “better late than never” applies perfectly!!

Life has been decidedly busy……TOO BUSY, to be truthful, so because of that, I decided to take a break from Simply Primitives for a time!!! I have loved every minute of being with this amazing group of talented artists and consider Sharon Mitchell, the owner, a very dear friend who I am most grateful to for the opportunity, but because of my work schedule, and dealing with issues related to my fibromyalgia, I just felt like I could not keep up with everything!! Sometimes, you just have to say no and let go in order to stay as stress free as possible, and it is never easy, but so necessary!!! I say a fond “FAREWELL” to Simply Primitives and hope you will continue to visit there each month!!! Thank you Sharon, for making my time there so wonderful and for your amazing friendship!!


What else has been happening you ask?? Well, for one thing, I recently celebrated a birthday and found out after all these years that I share the same day with someone famous, who I LOVED as a child!!! Guess WHO???? Dr. Suess!!!!


Apparently, I loved his books, was always rhyming everything and drove my mother bonkers with all my sing song chanting!!! Perhaps that explains a lot about me………!! Anyway, rather than have “Green Eggs and Ham”, I had a lovely dinner with my husband and daughter, who had just returned from a trip to PARIS!!!! That would have been a WONDERFUL Birthday gift, hint hint!!! While there, she bought me a gorgeous scarf and some chocolate…..oolala!!!!


We celebrated at Cheesecake Factory, complete with a piece of what else…….Cheesecake!! The servers even sang (sort of) and we had a lovely time!! Also, just to make it clear, I said I share the same DAY with Dr. Suess, NOT the same YEAR!!! Lol

As to what I have been creating, well, I made LOTS of hearts for the shop, using some lovely vintage velvet, and some beautiful red wool from an old blanket!! I tend to be very methodical ( or slow) when I create, so I always seem to be behind, but still think hearts can be used anytime and if you are interested in any, just drop me an email! I also had some special orders to do, and still have one to complete, plus I am now working on some new things for SPRING!!! Hopefully I will get them done BEFORE Spring is past!!!

Thank you for letting me “catch you up” with my happenings and hopefully I will be much better at keeping things current!!! A special THANKS to all of you who faithfully follow and comment……such special gifts of encouragement, and a WARM WELCOME to those of you who have just recently joined in!!! I am AMAZED that you have and say a BIG THANKS for coming along!!!

Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So get on your way! ~Dr. Suess


I wish you JOY for your JOURNEY ~~

Julie

11 comments:

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

I'm SO glad to "see" you Julie! I was just thinking of you last night and wrote myself a note to email you today. :) You have definitely been missed.
Hugs,
Rhonda

cottageprims said...

Nice to hear alls well.Hope your birthday was full of giggles and love.Warm Blessings!~Amy

Penelope's Beehive said...

It is so very delightful to read your post Julie...I did miss visiting with you. My best (albeit belated) birthday wishes to you!

I shall look forward to peeking at your new handmade goodies...they shall all be lovely surely.

Warm and gentle hugs...Judy

HomeSpunPrims said...

I've been thinking of you too Julie and wondered how you are. I'm glad to hear you are busy creating. Happy birthday! That cheesecake looks mighty good! It's my favorite dessert. Take care.

Holli~Where The Rooster Crows said...

Yummy cheesecake!! What a great person to share a birthday with...Dr Suess books are awesome!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thanks for thinking of me Rhonda! It is so nice to know that even if you are "out of sight" you are not "out of mind"!
Warm Hugs~~
Julie

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thank you Amy for the kind words and Birthday wishes! There is nothing better than sharing special days with those you love!!
Warm Hugs~~
Julie

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

It is always such a joy to hear from you Judy....you have one of the lovliest blogs and I always enjoy my visit!! Thank you for missing me and thinking of me, as well as for all your kind, encouraging words.....such gifts!!
Warm Hugs~~
Julie

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thank you Lori for you kind thoughts and sweet words, always a joy to hear from you too!! Cheesecake Factory has SO MANY wonderful choices and is a perfect place for the cheesecake lover....like you and me!!
Warm Hugs~~
Julie

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Holli~
The cheesecake WAS yummy.....lemon raspberry, one of my all time favorites!! I never knew I shared March 2nd with Dr. Suess, but it was fun finding that out!! Thank you for the kind comments and for stopping by!
Warm Hugs~~
Julie

tamera said...

Thank you for the birthday wish and same to you. I love country primitive decorating and taking thrift store or goodwill finds and making them into something new and different. This is like therapy for me, I work 40 hours a week and take care of a disabled husband and run our farm. Blogging is my time to wind down.
Tamera
Country at Heart