Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

CUPBOARD LOVE!!!

I have long had my eye on a sweet hanging cupboard at New England Saltbox, the shop where I work, and after a long tug-of-war with myself (yes versus no), I finally won! It went something like this...

Me (yes): "That would look SO GOOD filled with all your pincushions!"


Me (no): "Who buys a cupboard just for pincushions?? Be practical!!"


Me (yes): "But it would REALLY look good filled with my pincushions, and it would help me to be more organized and it matches my other pieces in the living room AND there really isn't a place for it in the shop now anyway AND did I mention that it would REALLY REALLY look great filled with my pincushions, AND little shoes too???"


Me (no): "Gosh, you are REALLY wearing me down here!!" I give up!! Go ahead,get it, because I will not have a MOMENT'S PEACE till you do!!And by the way, come to think of it, it REALLY WILL LOOK GREAT with all your pincushions in it!"

So........what do YOU think?? Was I right or was I right??

Anyway, here is the cupboard, a lovely creation by Primitiques, done in a lovely distressed black over mustard, with a distressed off white inside!!! It looks just perfect on my wall, and indeed.....It is JUST PERFECT for my PINCUSHIONS!!!




Wishing you joy~~~


Julie

19 comments:

Plumruncreek ♥ said...

WOW! Love the cupboard!! it's perfect!!

Jennifer said...

That is amazing piece and love all your collections!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Oh yes, you were right Julie!!! Your pincushions look perfect inside as do your sweet little shoe collection on top. Thanks for showing us.

Beckyjean said...

Love the cupboard. Your pincushions look great in it!

Becky

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

I'm so glad you won over your argument with yourself, lol - LOVE your new cabinet! And I agree, your pincushions look FAB in it!

dee begg said...

What a nice cabinet. Looks great! Glad it was a win-win for you! LOL!

D

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

I think they look great in it! Good thing
you won the argument!

Bear Hugs~Karen

Jean said...

Love it!! your pincushions - and you- deserve such a special cabinet.

Penny said...

Looks wonderful! I'm glad you won the argument b/c you were so right -- it's perfect!

Holli~Where The Rooster Crows said...

Glad you won that arguement...its great!

Julie said...

Hi Julie, You were RIGHT!! it does look great on wall and your pincushions makes even more perfect.
Have a lot fun today!
God Bless,Julie

Falling Leaf Woodworkers and Primitives said...

glad you won the argument... it looks like it was made just to display lovely pincusions. Great job decorating it.
Sabrina

Joanne said...

Wowzer Julie - that cupboard is WONDERFUL with a capital W - your pin cushions look amazing in there! So happy the "good" Julie won out! "Bad" Julie tired to stop you!

Penelope's Beehive said...

Good heavens...the cupboard is spot on! I am delighted that you won in the decision...a girl must have a place for pincushions after all. Your collection is lovely!
Warm and gentle hugs...Judy

Michelle Palmer said...

You were very right!
... and in the best company while making the decision! (giggle)
Looks perfect~ thank you for sharing
Michelle

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thanks SO MUCH everyone!! I had so much fun writing this post and am so happy that you all had such great comments and share my Cupboard Love too!!

Wishing you Blessings and Joy~~
Julie

Bead and Needle said...

Love the pincushions - LOVE this blog! I actually have a dear friend that puts pincushions inside of little antique baby shoes. Happy Wednesday - will be back to your blog, for sure! Tanya

Christine LeFever said...

It is indeed just perfect for your little pincushions! By the way, I just reloaded all of my blog links, and I put you under the category of Artistic Shopkeepers and Artistic Show People. I'm not sure if you are an artist. Bad of me not to know that, but I suspect you are, so if you prefer to be moved in with the Artists and Needle Crafters, say the word.
Hugs,
:-)

Jo Ann said...

Julie, so glad you won the battle with the shelf. I am still trying to talk myself out of purchasing one very similiar, but the price just makes me cry. I want to use it for the same display as you did. I will have to see if I weaken any time soon. May be a very nice Valentine's day gift. :) Your display look great. Jo Ann