Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Decorating!!


There is nothing I enjoy quite so much as pulling out all the Christmas bins from the garage (actually, my sweet husband has that special job) and transforming my little home from "everyday" to "HOLIDAY"!!! It amazes me how just bringing out all the old, well loved items can evoke such warmth and joy!!! After being packed away for the year, they are lovingly unwrapped and then the fun begins!!!





I live in a small townhouse, so I don't have a lot of room and have to keep the tree in the same spot each year, but I do make the mantle look differently and like to create little unique vignettes for some of my santa and snowmen collections!! Then also due to the fact that I usually get special handmade items from friends, or make some new ones for myself during the previous year, I may have to make changes to accomodate them!! What fun it is to be creative and inventive!!!





Here are just a few pictures of what it looks like here at the Zakrzewski TownHomestead for Christmas!! And in case you have always wondered how to say my last name, here is the easiest way to do that!! Just break it down into 3 syllables......Zock-Chef-Ski!! Now say it 3 times, while turning around and touching your nose!!!! Just kidding!!! It really is easy once you get the hang of it!!!



I hope you enjoy this little peek into my home and are inspired and blessed!!


Wishing you Peace and Joy~


Julie



12 comments:

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Everything looks just wonderful, awesome job!! I love your snowmen, they are my favorite and you have some adorable ones. Thanks for sharing your home, it is lovely!!
Blessings,
Lorna

HomeSpunPrims said...

Love seeing how you decorate Julie! Love the string of mittens, red socks and bonnet and the first pic with the old world Santa. Very neat!! Thanks for sharing.

Carmen at Primcatshouse said...

So beautiful! I love your tree!

Carmen and the Primcats

Heather said...

your house is SO pretty! I love seeing how people take modern bones of houses (or town houses!) and take them back to another era. I live in a pretty new home myself, and take pleasure in making it look as old as possible ;) Love that little cabin and the primative angel...too sweet...

Sheila said...

Your displays are beautiful!
Happy Holidays to you~
Sheila
http://seasonsofthyheart.blogspot.com

A Primitive Homestead said...

Like you when unpacking those tubs & looking at the decorations from many years it brings back memories of those who gave them to us. Your tree is prim perfect. I love your nativity. I have the same figures. My stable is one from my childhood. It means so much to me. I keep it out year round. Merry Christmas & Blessings!

The Humble Stitcher said...

Everything looks so lovely, especially all of those wonderful Santas!

Primsue said...

Everything looks wonderful. I love it all

Christmas Blessings,
Sue

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thanks SO MUCH everyone, for your sweet, thoughtful comments!! I hope all of you are having fun decorating your own homes and feeling warm and loved during this most Blessed Season!!

Happy Christmas, one and all~~
Julie

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Hi Julie,
Everything Looks Amazing!!
I love your Santa and Snowman collection.

Merry Chrismtas to you and yours,
Tam

QUAINT AND PLAIN said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS JULIE.... I ENJOYED TOURING YOUR HOME SWEET HOME.. ~B

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

Julie,
Wishing you a Christmas Season filled with LOVE and JOY! Look forward to your continued friendship in the New Year.
Blessings to you & yours!
Rhonda