Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Friday, October 1, 2010

Autumn Evening!!


Things have been pretty hectic of late as I have been frantically getting ready for our annual event at New England Saltbox, called AUTUMN EVENING! It always happens the first weekend in October, and the shop gets decked out in all her finery for the start of the holiday shopping! Even though this has happened every year I have worked there, and is even marked on the calendar AND in my datebook, for some strange reason, it totally surprised me this year!! One minute it seemed like we were weeks away, and all of a sudden I realized it was happening THIS WEEKEND, or more correctly, TOMORROW!!! Oh my goodness!!!


Because of that, I found myself going in 3 different directions, and when that happens, SOMETHING just doesn't get done!!! Sadly, I was late on my Simply Primitives Update (and still don't know what I am sending to Sharon!!!!) Hopefully, I can get that off to her today! It is my first time being late and I feel like the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland!!!


The other things I needed to do were to help get the shop decorated for the event, AND to get some of my handmades MADE!!! Both equally important and both demanding time, which we did not have a lot of!! So, the first part of the week was spent stitching, stuffing, stitching, painting, sanding, staining, and tag making and the last 2 days were spent Decorating and Display making, and thankfully, MOST of it got done!! I am also happy to say that I was able to complete some things too and was happy with what I got done!! Phew!!


So without further adieu, thanks to my wonderful photographer/husband Jeff, here are some pictures of what our customers will see when they come for their visit tomorrow!! I wish all of you reading this could come, but hopefully you will catch the Autumn Spirit and may it inspire you to create and decorate to your heart's content!!


Autumn Blessings~

Julie















6 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh I wish it wasn't so far away...I love all of the goodies shown...wish we had that festive stuff on this side of the pond..have a fun weekend.:)

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Running in different directions seems to be what we all do during craft show and store open houses and what not....just not enough days in the week.
I was just thinking this morning....holy cow...IT'S OCTOBER 1 ALREADY....we had so much happening in Sept. that the month just flew by and I imagine that's how you feel too.

Julie your shop looks sooooo inviting. Wishing I lived EVERYWHERE during these times when everyone is having their Opoen Housees.

Hugs, Karen

Joanne said...

Julie - I feel your pain! Just remember to breathe! Everything looks wonderful!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Gina~
Thanks so much for stopping by and I'm glad you like everything!! Wish I could show you the whole shop as this is just a small sample!! Maybe sometime you and your friend can plan a visit!!
Blessings~
Julie

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Karen~
This can be such a busy time and I really am having fun....just running into myself as I am coming and going!LOL

As I told Gina, there is so much more to this wonderful shop and I need to do another post just about all the other areas, including our antique mall! You can see more of it by checking out New England Saltbox under my favorite websites.

Thanks for stopping by and for the kind comments!

Blessings~
Julie

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Joanne~
Hope your show went well and was thinking of you!! Thanks for the reminder to stop, and take a breath!! It really WILL all come together and will be WONDERFUL!!

Thanks for the kind comments and for stopping by!!!

Blessings~
Julie