Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Sunday, October 3, 2010

AN APPLE PANCAKE and A RESTFUL DAY!

In my last post I talked about our annual Autumn Evening and I am happy to report the following:

It was a HUGE Success!
We had LOTS of happy customers and LOTS of sales!
We had AMAZING CHOCOLATE BROWNIES and HOT APPLE CIDER!!! Yum!!
There were dancing scarecrows everywhere!
It was a LONG, fun-filled day from 10am-9pm! and most importantly.....
IT IS OVER!!!

In all seriousness, it is one of my favorite events of the year and it is so much fun to see old friends who have not been in for a while, but it is a very tiring night and I was really happy to get home and rest my poor, tired feet...and legs...and back.....and...well, you get the idea!!! My bed never felt SO GOOD!!!

This morning, after a somewhat restful night of slumber, my WH, (which stands for Wonderful Husband!) asked me how I was feeling and then said the 7 most magical words I could hope for......."How would you like an apple pancake?? Suddenly, my pains were gone and I was making a beeline for the ladies room to get ready!! I couldn't get ready fast enough!!!

All this fuss for an apple pancake,you ask?? Oh, but this is not just any ordinary pancake, this is THE BEST APPLE PANCAKE I have EVER eaten!!! EVER!! It is served at of all places, The Pancake House, naturally, and is a marvelous conglomeration of puffed dough, oozing with juicy, tart apples, dripping in buttery cinnamon glaze!!! You have to wait 20 minutes for one, but when it comes.......Oh My Goodness!!! It is a DELIGHT!! So the tiredness of yesterday was completely forgotten as I had my first LARGE forkful!!! DELICIOUS, DELIGHTFUL, DE LOVELY!!!
Now that I have shown you this culinary wonder I hope you all can find a place to help you meet this new craving you now have!! Maybe some of you even have a recipe for this and if you do, PLEASE SHARE IT with us!!!

After eating this fantastic breakfast, which also included scrambled eggs, home fries and bacon (I guess I worked up an appetite after my long work day) we stopped at a local store to pick up a favorite magazine I wanted, and I got to spend the day, just reading and enjoying the silence!! It doesn't get any better than that, does it??

Blessings and Apple Pancakes~

Julie

8 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh does that ever look yummy..what do you top it with? or do you eat it just like it is?...yum...that says fall..glad your show went well and that you had lots of sales..I love your photo on your header.;) have a great week.;)

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Oh it is just delicious Gina!! It is dripping with a buttery cinnamon glaze so it doesn't need anything but your fork!!! I LOVE apple anything and this is to die for!!
The show was a huge success and it is good when a plan comes together, isn't it!
My WH took that for me and I love it too!! Have a great week as well!!
Blessings and Thanks~
Julie

Cheyenne said...

I could use one of those apple pancakes right about now...it not only looks tasty but it sounded like a happy breakfast out.

I looked through your photos from the big sale at the shop and my oh my, they look amazing. I can't imagine all the work, working on your own handmades and then setting it all up. You did a great job...it's always so nice when it pays off and is a big success.

Hope you are enjoying your Fall! You looked beautiful in your photo.

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

So glad to hear your evening was a success Julie! If it's the one I'm thinking of, I may just be able to help you with that recipe. :)

Rhonda

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Oh Cheyenne, you are such a sweetheart and so encouraging!! My WH (husband) said I should have my picture in the photos as people would see me as well as the shop, so I complied! He is so funny and amazing!!

I LOVE what I do and love to create too and it truly is wonderful when it all comes together!

Hugs, Blessings and Thanks~
Julie

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thank you Rhonda~
I would LOVE IT if you could and I imagine others would too!! It is "Dangerously Delicious" and once you have tried one, you will be hooked!!

Blessings~
Julie

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Oh Julie you have made me hungry!! Looks delicious!! Glad the evening at your shop was a great success!!
Blessings,
Lorna

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Lorna~
Yes, this pancake does that to you and now you will just have to try one!!
Thank you for your kind comments and for stopping by!

Blessings to you~
Julie