Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Monday, September 13, 2010

September Days Are Here!!


I am a story-teller by nature and LOVE descriptive language!! I don't want to just tell you the rosehips are red.....I want to tell you the EXACT shade and intensity.....after all, there are so many different shades of red!!! I want you to actually FEEL, and SEE, and UNDERSTAND, as I do, and I think that is something that artistic people really need to do, don't you? That is why we love color, working with our hands, savoring fragrances, feeling textures, creating, and then SHARING it with others!! And that is why we LOVE BLOGGING!! It allows us to be able to share our thoughts, our handiwork, our ideas and dreams, our pictures, our lives and our stories, in our own descriptive language!!!

So isn't it marvelous then, when we come across something that describes perfectly just what we are feeling, seeing, and experiencing?? This simple poem seemed to pull at my "heartstrings" and I hope it speaks to you as well!!!!

SEPTEMBER

"When the goldenrod is yellow,

And the leaves are turning brown-

Reluctantly the summer goes

In a cloud of thistledown.


When squirrels are harvesting

And the birds in flight appear-

By these autumn signs we know

September days are here." ~Beverly Ashour, September



Wishing you Beautiful September Days, filled with autumn delights~



Julie

12 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I do love it!
Linda

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Me too Linda!! Enjoy it!!

Blessings~
Julie

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Hi Julie, what a glorious post....how perfect the way Beverly said it!
Thanks....
Karen

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Karen~
Perfectly Simple, yet Perfectly Stated!!

I'm so glad you loved it too!!

Blessings~
Julie

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Love the poem!! So beautifully said!!
Blessings,
Lorna

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thanks Lorna!!

I couldn't agree more!!

Blessings to you~
Julie

Christine LeFever said...

However, there is no reluctance on my part to leave summer, because I so love the fall. But yes, a very sweet poem, shared by a very sweet person, and I thank you so much!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful sweet poem. I am new following your blog and enjoying your post.

I too love learning, reading and sharing inspiration with others bloggers with similar loves such as you do.

Fall is full of "blessings"-- with all the beautiful colors, crisp mornings walks, gathering pumpkins,squash. Making home made soups and bread are special too!

I will visit you again soon! Carolyn :)

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Christine~
It is always such a pleasure to have you "stop by" for a visit!! I so enjoyed your post about your anniversary and loved all the pictures!! Thank you for your kind words and wishing you much inspiration!!

Blessings~
Julie

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Carolyn~
So very nice to meet you and thank you for all your kind comments and for stopping by!!

Fall is my very favorite time of year and it seems that so many others love it too!!

Thank you for becoming a follower and I look forward to having you stop by anytime!!

Blessings~
Julie

Joanne said...

Hi Julie - A Beautiful September to you too! Love the poem! Hoping things are so much better than last month for you!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hey Joanne~

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments!! All I can say is, "Me too!" I'm wishing you lovely September days as well!!

Blessings~
Julie