Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Simply Primitives Update and "That Fall Feeling!"



With temperatures dipping into the low 50's at night, things have been feeling a bit like Fall around here in the Pacific Northwest! It naturally makes me get into the Harvest and Halloween state of mind and so my offerings for Simply Primitives are just that, some adorable sock cats, a prim crow, a small hanging pumpkin head and a prim patch pumpkin, to get you and me into the Autumn spirit!! If I could package up the cool weather and send it to those of you dealing with the scorching temps. right now, believe me, those packages would be on your doorstep!! Since I can't do that, I hope my offerings and those of my other fellow artists will bring to mind the smell of woodsmoke, the taste of warm apple crisp, the fragrance of a wonderful candle and the coziness that comes this time of year!

Wishing you all "That Fall Feeling!"

Blessings my dear friends~
Julie

12 comments:

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

I love it all but my favorite is the crow!!!

Grammee Linda said...

I long for the those cool nights!! They certainly do bring fall to mind, don't they? I can't wait!

Love the pinkeep in your header - you are so talented!!

old crow said...

Love your new primitives Julie!! Especially the sock kitties!!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

OH I love Love love your items you are offering..I want them all..;) hasn't this weather been something else here..I have been saying everyday is feeling more like fall then like summer...not complaining though..I love the milder temps..;) have a wonderful rest of your day:>)

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

I love to respond to your comments so here goes~

Jennifer~ Thank you so much! His name is Cornelius and he is a very scholarly fellow!!

Grammee Linda~ Wish I could send some cool weather your way...I just can't blow that hard! The pinkeep is one of my favorites and I had it at the shop to sell, but changed my mind and kept it instead! Thank you for the kind compliment and so glad you like it!

Mona~ Thanks! I know you have seen some of them before! The cats were so fun and are something I have been playing around with for a while! So glad you like them!!

Gina~ Thanks for love, love, loving my offerings! I am so happy for the weather too and hope it continues! Have a really great day!

Heather said...

Oh! I LOVE these! How sweet! And oh how I envy any sort of feeling of fall...we're headed into the 100 degrees this weekend and I feel like having a fit ;) october, where are you????

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thanks so much Heather! Our weather has been really cool, especially in the morning and evening, so I have visions of pumpkins in my head! Wishing cool temps. for you!!
Blessings~
Julie

basketsnprims said...

Julie,
I love all of them, I'm so partial to sock kitties and sock dolls. I love to decorate for fall and Halloween. Thanks for sharing.
Pam

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Oh thanks so much Pam! This is such a fun time of year!! Love all of your things too!
Take care my friend~
Julie

Lori said...

Julie~
Your works are all wonderful!! I think the crow is my favorite too! I just love fall and making fall hand~dids is my favorite. We've been having cooler nights in the 50's also. I love it! Thanks for sharing your fall pieces with us.

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thank you so much Lori!! What sweet compliments!! Cornelius is much longer but we could not get him to cooperate during his photo shoot, so to see all of him just check out Simply Primitives under My Primitive Heart! I love him too!! I have many happy memories of my time in MI!
Blessings~ Julie

Speckled Hen Country Store said...

hi Julie! It's true! Fall is already in the air! One friend said on July 5, "Yippee, Fall is here! Where are the pumpkin candles!!" I love your new treasures! See you soon~ Lynda