Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Celebrate Liberty!!


I can still remember as a child, standing up in school, putting my hand over my heart and saying the following:

" I pledge allegiance to the flag, of the United States of America,
And to the republic for which it stands, One nation, under God, indivisible,
With liberty and justice for all!"

I still believe those important words, and still stand up, put my hand over my heart and say the words proudly because I love my country, I love my God, I love my flag, and I love my freedoms!!

Wishing you a very happy and safe Independence Day, filled with laughter, love, good food and a thankful heart as you Celebrate Liberty, the land of the free and the home of the brave!!

Blessings and Peace~

Julie

12 comments:

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

Amen to that Julie!
Too much has been lost lately and we all need to take it back on our own!
Happy 4th.
Karen

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thanks so much Karen!! Hope all is well in your part of the great "USA"! Happy 4th to you too!!

Blessings~
Julie

basketsnprims said...

I agree, Amen! Love the pic, too.
happy 4th, Julie.
hugs,
Pam

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thanks so much Pam! The lighted house is a gift from my DH for Mother's Day!! It is on the mantle over my gas fireplace and is a great place to decorate for the holidays!
Happy 4th my friend!!
Blessings and Hugs~
Julie

Finegan Antiques said...

I couldn't agree more or said it better. Happy 4th!

Donna

Christine LeFever said...

Well, it's now the 5th, but it was glorious yesterday! I hope yours was too. Your sentiment is beautiful!
Christine

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thank you for the kind compliment Christine! It was a nice relaxing day yesterday and the sun is shining again......summer is finally here!!

Blessings~
Julie

old crow said...

Wow Julie, I love your new "header" gosh, did Jeff do that? Amazing!! Really pretty!! How do you like this "hot" weather? Did you think we would ever say that? Reall like your Turpin House too!! Nice grouping!! Stay cool!!

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thanks Mona! Jeff surprised me with it as I told him how much I liked that picture (one of my photos for Simply Primitives) and said it would make a great header!! Hot is right, especially with no AC but fans help! I LOVE my house too, another suprise from Jeff and it is so fun to decorate with...like being at the shop! Thanks!!
Blessings~
Julie

Speckled Hen Country Store said...

Hi Julie! Your words touch my heart! Thank you for sharing! Hope to see you soon! hugs~ Lynda

the1800house said...

Julie, So happy to have found a new blog to add to my "favorites" list ! KW

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Oh Thank you so much Karen! I am honored! It has been so wonderful to meet new friends!! Thanks for the great article about Brimfield too!!

Blessings~
Julie