Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Sunday, January 31, 2010

New Year New Beginnings

The world of blogging is still so new to me and with all the wonderful ones out there in blogland, I find myself wondering why I am doing one? Then the next question that comes to mind is, why would anyone want to read what I may write about? For those of you who are reading this, thank you for taking the time, and hopefully, you will be encouraged, blessed, entertained, or enlightened by my thoughts and musings. I have only posted 2 other posts, but will try to do it on a much more regular basis. After all, this is a new year and there are some special things happening! I would like to share some of them with you!! Drum roll please.....

The first thing is that on January 23rd, I became a grandmother!! My son and his wife had a beautiful baby girl, named Isabella Elizabeth Zakrzewski (that is quite a name for a little baby to live up to!) and she is a precious angel! For all of you who like details, she weighed 7 lbs. 10 oz. and was 19 in. long with dark hair. Mother and baby are doing well and the little family is getting aquainted with each other. Since they live in CA and we live in WA, it will be a while till we get to actually see them and get to meet her, but believe me when I say she is already tied to my "heartstrings" and this Grandma can't wait to hold her!! Little "Bella" changed our family's life and we are so happy to add her to the family!!

Another exciting thing for me is that I will be joining Simply Primitives, an online marketplace community that is home to many talented artists who also do what I love to do! I am so honored and humbled to be asked and am both excited and nervous as I embark on this adventure! I will be beginning on February 1st and you can see some of my new things available for purchase. Then each month on the 1st and the 15th, new things will be added, but I will be planning on staying with the 1st, so check back each month for something new. Thank you for joining with me on my exciting new ventures, and I will try to keep you posted on both!!

2 comments:

Karen/My Colonial Home said...

I know I'm late with this post but I just found your blog....CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING A GRANDMOTHER...the best feeling in the world!
Hugs, Karen

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Thanks so much Karen!! Bella has grown so much and is already almost 4 months old!! I have only seen her once as they live so far away but I am so thankful for skype and cell phone pics!! "Grandma Club" is the Best!!!

Blessings and Hugs,
Julie