Let your soul stand ajar, always ready to welcome the ecstatic experience. ~ Emily Dickinson

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My New Tree Toppers and Birds!

This is always the BUSIEST time of the year for me and for some reason I never seem to get things made ahead, even though I know it is coming!! So I don't have as much as I would like to at the moment, but am excited about what I do have!! I have so many patterns, material, partially started projects, drawings and ideas in my "to do" pile, but so far, I have just been able to do these birds. I call them SIMPLE BIRDS, and SIMPLE TREE TOPPER BIRDS, and I just love them!! I try to use vintage fabrics as much as possible and was able to find this great old piece of woven red fabric to make some of them with. I also had some really lovely red print that I got at a quilt shop, and used that as well. I used a great old pattern from Sweet Liberty Homestead and since it is so simple, that is where I got the idea for the name of them! I also have a large stash of old bobbins and used those for the topper bases. Unfortunately, since the holes are smaller than I thought, you have to use them on smaller trees, but I have hopes to try to find some bigger ones with bigger holes for the larger trees. The SIMPLE BIRDS are small hanging birds you can use as ornaments, or just to hang from your favorite cupboard or shelf peg. They are done in the same fabrics as the tree toppers. I have them displayed on a small tree so you can see how great they look grouped together!! I hope to have more things made soon, so keep checking back. Even though this is a very busy time of year, I am trying to remember to enjoy the season and to let all the special people in my life know I love them and value them.....people like you!!! Thank you for taking the time to be part of my heart! Be blessed today!!

No comments: